Reviews for Kyoshi Rising
Treemist1022 chapter 41 . 5/3
Great chapter! I like Samten, he sounds like a nice air nomad, I can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon! -Misty
SpiritMonkey chapter 18 . 4/28
Liking it a lot so far, but it seems that "team avatar" is treading very close to that of ATLA. A nomad, an earthbending girl, a waterbending girl and a firebending prince. Sounds like aang, toph, katara and zuko.
Dante Alighieri1308 chapter 40 . 4/25
Poor Kyoshi. So tortured by what happened to her. The fortune teller was a nice little distraction of course but I'm excited to get to the air temple already! I'm curious about where you're going to be going with it though. It's pretty isolated and I just image that it's going to be Kyoshi learning to get more in touch with her spiritual self while also getting over her trauma.

But Mai-Lin! I just assumed that it was a marriage issue and that's why she left. But she's a criminal then? or at least wanted by the Northern Water Tribe? That's definitely something you should mention soon-ish now that you're close to the North. I'm surprised she managed to keep it a secret for this long as well.

Keep up the great work!
Atarah Derek chapter 38 . 4/24
I was wondering if you'd end up going this route. Hoping you wouldn't, but suspecting you would. I really felt for Miyaki. And hopefully her father takes this opportunity to realize just how short his children's lives can be, and that he needs to make the most of every moment with them.
"So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Because I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone"
Atarah Derek chapter 36 . 4/23
Congratulations, Miyaki! And Mitsuo, busy day, huh? Your closest adviser is a traitor and your daughter is a lighting bender. Next question: Drink to celebrate or to numb the feeling of being stabbed in the back? It's my understanding that each reason requires different liquors.
Darth Sith'ari chapter 26 . 4/22
What is this thing about magic dinosaurs? That sounds like something I'd be interested in reading.
Treemist1022 chapter 40 . 4/21
Great chapter, I'm curious about Mai-Lin's story, I can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon! -Misty
chinaluv chapter 40 . 4/21
Interesting
chinaluv chapter 39 . 4/20
Poir girl
Treemist1022 chapter 39 . 4/18
Great start to book two! So Kyoshi has met Chin, and it's clear they were never going to get along. I can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon! -Misty
Dante Alighieri1308 chapter 38 . 4/15
And end of Book 1! It was fantastic! Through and through! This story really is amazing and I've loved every moment of it! I can't wait to see what comes next in Book 2 as well!

So Adachi is dead. :(. This is going to be something that's going to plague Kyoshi for years and I think the Air Nomads are the best people to help her get through this trauma. At the same time, Kyoshi has really established herself as the type of Avatar we know her as. Killing Jian Feng was an excellent moment of character development for her and sends a clear message to the world of her style for dealing with trouble makers.

And Chin the conqueror is here! I can't wait to see what you do with him, but I know we have a bit of time before he's ready to be a threat to Kyoshi (she still needs to master two elements before they confront if you go by canon).

But speaking of Chin, that has me thinking of other moments in Kyoshi's life. As avatar, she made a lot of questionable decisions, the effects of which are felt even in Aang's and Korra's lifetimes. I'm mainly thinking the Dai Li now. Will Kyoshi be establishing the dai li in this story? And if so, what image did she have for them? I also forgot that she established a constitutional monarchy for the Earth Kingdom as well after the peasant rebellion, which I can see tying in nicely with Kyoshi's own backstory. While a good idea, this also caused the Kingdom to become slower and more ineffective. Just saying, it'd be interesting to see some of the downsides of Kyoshi's time as Avatar and maybe see how that effects her, if it does at all.

Again, amazing job with 'Book 1' - Fire! I can't wait to see what comes next! Keep up the amazing work!
10east chapter 38 . 4/13
*Hokage's Funeral plays in background*
Did you really need to do that?
chinaluv chapter 38 . 4/13
You killed him!
Bellatrix And The Dark Lord chapter 38 . 4/10
I'm so sad that Adachi died ... Why, oh cruel writer? Why?