Reviews for If Love Were Only Part of the Equation
AeonianDreams chapter 18 . 5/31/2010
You really have grown as a writer but I still love your work, K. Please keep up the amazing work 3 I loved these small little drabbles. They're short, sweet but so good! More please. -
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 18 . 5/31/2010
Equation? Back from the dead?
marle1010 chapter 17 . 5/26/2010
I must say this is one of the best Lunar stories I've read. I love what you've done with Nash's back story. Seeing as the last update was in 2003 I'm not really holding out much hope this story will be continued which is a shame since it feels like the climax of the the story is so close. Regardless, it is a great story and I really hope that some day, somewhere Gravitt gets his!
Puppkid chapter 16 . 6/11/2009
It amazes me to realize that I reviewed chapter 17 of this story back in 2005, and yet here I am once again in 2009, having gone through the Lunar archive and reread the best it has to offer. Updated or not, I still consider Equation to be one of the best Lunar fanfics out there.

I do hope to one day read of Nash finally telling Mia of his past, especially now that there are rumors of him and Sabre flying around - ones Mia knows more of than anyone else. I would also love to see Sabre mention the drops spoken of a chapter or so ago to Nash (I didn't make the connection the first time I read this, but I see now that they were likely the reason Mia saw Nash rather than Orinth [who we haven't seen in some time, at least not named, now have we? hmm, I wonder] back on that fateful night in the bedchamber.

There are plenty of other things I'm still looking forward to reading. I hope that one day, I'll receive an email speaking of an update to this story.
Nameless Fan chapter 17 . 10/26/2008
This is one of the few Lunar fanfics I have ever read with such an intriguing plot. As an author who rarely completes her own work, I understand how easy it becomes to lose interest in your own stories, the subject matter, and so on; however, it pains me to think that this story has become yet another dead work on the web. I have followed this story for years, keeping up with chapter updates as far back as '01 or '02 (I can't recall when I started reading this story - I found it in the Shrine to Ghaleon's Library way back when), and I continued to hopefully check for updates for as long as a year after updates ceased. Every so often, I still pop back on to see if, by some miracle, another chapter has been added, yet I always exit the browser disappointed. I know I am not the only fan of Equation who would be abundantly pleased were the story finished, and I do hope you find it in your ability to do so sometime in the not so distant future. It's been five years and as much as my imagination can fill in the gaps and create multiple conclusions, that is never as satisfying as when the author finally ends the story and brings it to a close.

Should you ever decide to return to your abandoned baby, know that there are still loyal Lunar fans out here who will flock to whatever you throw at them. I am one of them and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

-Nameless :)
Nora8735 chapter 17 . 4/9/2008
I have been waiting for this story to update for years. I will continue to check in for an update. You are so talented! Keep writing!
Jefepato chapter 17 . 2/25/2008
This is great, but...well, it's been five years, so I'm guessing we won't see another update on this one...
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
DAGNABBIT, update this already! Suikoden is good and awesome, but my last review for this fic came in February 2004, and it's still on the first page of reviews! C'mon, toss us Lunar fans some red meat, willya?
lina chapter 4 . 11/9/2006
I have been following this story for years. It is one of my favorite fanfics ever. I will continue to wait for more. I don't want to badger you for updates, but I do want to let you know that you still have fans that will continue to read and re-read this wonderful story.
Blue Paladin chapter 2 . 6/30/2006
That was a great chapter. I really liked the way you built up the relationship between Mia and Nash, and then abruptly changed everything back in the present. The descriptions in this chapter were excellent. I could feel their love in their closeness during the flashback, and the separation in the present was more than enough of a signal that something is wrong.

You definitely have your hook- how the heck did that happen? I suppose I’ll have to read ahead to find out.
Angelalex242 chapter 17 . 4/19/2006
Ya know...I think there's one tool Nash could use that he hasn't yet. And it's probably the most effective one.

The original partyLuna.

Getting through to Mia by himself isn't working, nor is doing so with the other mages of Vane.

Especially if Luna pulls the Althena card.

"I made Vane fly in the first place. Don't you think I have some idea on how it should and should not be done?"

And Alex as Dragonmaster also has great power even the most arrogant mage has to respect. If he really has to, he can call in Dyne to reenforce the idea.

It would be difficult to stand in opposition to the Dragonmasters without people wondering if you're going to become Magic Emporer Mia.

Ah well. Let's see if Nash thinks of it...
DeafLizgon chapter 17 . 11/14/2005
Interesting story of yours! I haven't read that kind of story like that long time! I'd look forward to read next chapter. _ Sometimes I wondered how long til Gravitt found out Nash is a Storm Child?
Puppkid chapter 17 . 11/1/2005
I'll admit, I'm surprised that you haven't updated this in so long. Perhaps writer's block; perhaps you simply lost interest in this fanfic. What I can say, though, is that you appear to have left people hanging (though, I have to say, I've done the same; so no harm done, no harm meant).

While it's true that you seem to have altered the characters' attitudes (characters meaning Nash and Mia, naturally), the background behind all the reasons is well thought-out and written.

I can't exactly comment on how truthful Nash's background is, as I've never heard or read otherwise, but it's neat how you've made it. It allowed you to introduce so many new characters into the story, each with their own unique characteristics. (I rather like Gregory, to be honest. He's a very interesting character to read of.)

I certainly do hope that, now that the necklace is off, Mia will find it in herself to forgive Nash for the reasons she seemed to hate him so much - of course, maybe she doesn't even remember those reasons, as the necklace is no longer there, and it seemed to be one of the things (along with Gravitt) affecting her mood.

Nash needs to get over whatever it is that's bothering him [as there seems to be many different things now] and make up with Mia. He also needs to find the time to tell her about his background, as the day of his 'initiation' is drawing closer all the time. Of course, he's got plenty of excuses not to at the moment, what with everything going on. (Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he admitted it in front of everyone just before he actually became Premier. But that wouldn't be good for Sabre at all.)

Anyway, I do hope you update this eventually. I'm not saying soon, as I know as well as everyone that we all have lives outside of writing, but I'll be keeping an eye out.
Quicksilver Ink chapter 8 . 10/5/2004
(First of all, FFnet has done horrible things to the formatting of this chapter - half the text is only visible when it's highlighted.)

It's been a while since I played Lunar: SC, so it feels rather appropriate to return to the world and see that the characters have changed and grown. Nash's development startled me a little at first, but especially given the backstory you created for him, it seems natural now.

Your writing is solid and well-paced as usual. I'm definitely enjoying this. _
Lovely White Violets chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Great story! Keep writing!