Reviews for Avengers: Doom: Maria Hill's Fail Safes
I have an idea for this. The Avengers face their unique villains (for example, Spider-man vs. Green Goblin, Ms. Marvel vs. Mystique, etc.), arrest them, and place them into one of the S.H.I.E.L.D's many prisons. This is a ploy, of course, as one of the villains has a Doombot (a mini one, has hacking abilities), and it hacks into the computer, and finds Maria Hill's contingency plans. Doctor Doom then aids in the villains' escape. Then, the villains team-up under the lead of Doctor Doom, who tries to take control of the world (again). The villains apply the contingency plans on their respective Avengers, causing them to fall one by one. Maria Hill, realizing what the villains took, use the full might of S.H.I.E.L.D to save the Avengers, who stop Doom, and later confront Hill about the contingency plans, how it is a violation of their trust.

This will be a good story, in my opinion. Also, it would be an interesting Spidey/Marvel story, as well.
sketchfan chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
well,it's nice to know you're at least gonna use this idea as an arc for earth's mightiest heroes...so I have to wonder,what other dc animated movies might you adapt?something like the flashpoint paradox or crisis on 2 earths?with the latter,for peter and carol's evil alternates,you could go with the spider and carol danvers from the exiles series,that'd be one lethal couple ala micky and mallory from natural born killers,for do you think?
Guest chapter 4 . 6/30/2014
Please update!
erik.johnson.754 chapter 4 . 5/30/2014
I can't wait to see which hero Complexion wants to take out herself she doesn't seem like the type to just sit on the sidelines, and poor Maria Hill what is she gonna do when everyone finds out she was personally hacked
Guest chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Chapter 5 done yet.
WinterRain36 chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
This is getting good! I am wondering though about something. There are more then just the Avengers that safeguard Earth. There are the Fantastic Four and the X-Men for starters not counting some of the other smaller groups out there such as Heroes for Hire and the Defenders. What is Complexion's plans for dealing with those groups after she supposedly takes down the Avengers? Will you mention it? :)
Wolvmbm chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
Very interesting new villain and a female makes her more dangerous and cunning to face. Great group of characters summoned to this fight. This is going to be an interesting battle coming ahead towards the Earth's Mightiest heroes.

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great tale like this one.
champion of the little people chapter 4 . 3/13/2014
I love this story. I can't wait for the next update.
AeroHybrid chapter 4 . 3/12/2014
looking good and looks like the villains are building up to take over the world 'The Masters of Evil' :D

AeroHybrid
gunman chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
What I really want to see is just how much Maria Hill gets into trouble with all this, mostly from the fact that she is going to bring down the Avengers because of her own lack of trust issues and faith. And even fear.
And this Lucia Morgan, seems like an amalgamation of Selene and some other characters.
She's strong, wealthy, intelligent, powerful, devious, beautiful, and resourceful.
Seemingly an archtype into the Marvel universe, so good work on that.
And good selection of villains you have here. Mostly because of the diversity, though a couple of them I don't recognize right off.
Either way, this looks to be shaping up into a great story.
And while I don't like the fact that some or several of the Avengers will probably be killed as a result of this, and let's face it the Masters of Evil never had 'SHIELD assistance' in the past, that will only make people more interested in reading it.
And another good point you bring up is Mr Hyde. While he is more than willing to take on Thor, even by himself, his emotions can be used against him.
Half the time these villains fail is because of infighting or their overzealous desire to kill a certain hero which blinds them to their goals and such.
Regardless, this looks good. Keep up the good work.
Write on.
WDCain Man chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
I love Tower of Babel and this doesn't feel like a note-for-note rip-off. Instead this is clearly inspired by the classic and still is it's own thing. Fantastic work. I've seen many fanfics that follow popular comics & movies word-for-word and are poorer for it. You have avoided this so kudos.

I like all your plans. They make sense and are in character and possible. I remember SHIELD did this exact plot in the comic when they thought the Fantastic Four were a threat, taking them out with specially prepared weapons just for them. I hope you post more of this story soon.
Ace of Spies chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
Ok. I'm actually having trouble writing this review. Maybe I'll PM you and finish it if I don't get to everything. Ok. Alright. Lets go.
Wait! Not yet. Ok, read this not with a negative tone, becuz it'll look like i hated this chapter. I didn't. It got me thinking. Like, a lot. Anyway lets begin.

At first, I thought Satana was your OC, because I had never heard of her. And the way you described her totally made me think of Dark Phoenix Jean Grey with the Enchantress's hand things with her own Phoenix touch making her hands glow fire instead of that green magic stuff. Reread it and see what I mean (with the knowledge that I didn't know about Satana). Ok, then I looked up Satana, saw what she looks like, then re-read it. You did fine.

First off, lemme just say I love the name Lucia Morgan. It literally radiates power and knowledge. But Complexion? What the fuck? I immediately didn't like it. However, the more I think about it the more I understand why you chose it. You wanted a smart name that sounds smart and complex (I worded it wrong, but I think I know what you mean), but still a cool name. I thought about it. A lot. I can't come up with more than one good replacement name that still has the message that 'Complexion' sends but is a better name for a character. I've tried everything in the book, and even more. I literally was looking for names for an hour. I'm still looking as Im typing this. I tried using Anagrams for all kinda words. I tried anagrams for 'Lucia Morgan' too. Nothing good. I even tried searching 'how to make a cool original character' and 'epic supervillain names'. Idk, maybe you'll have more luck than I did. So, as much as I don't like 'Complexion' I do understand why you chose it. The only thing that I thought was a little better was 'Abstract'... Yeah idk it's you're choice. I just really don't like the name 'Complexion'. I like the meaning, but I can't stand the name.

Anyway, I don't do this for every fanfic. I actually have never done that research bullshit before. Why, you ask? (Yeah yeah, i know, who cares?, now shhhh) because I KNOW that this is going to be a great story. It already is! And I know that you write good stories! I've heard that people say 'Spiderman & Ms. Marvel: Love and War' is one of the best Carol/Peter fan fics. I respectfully disagree. 'Spiderman & Ms. Marvel: Love and War' is one of THE BEST fan fics ever made. Yeah, So thats why I did all that stuff. Cuz this story is going to be epic. Please change 'Complexion' to something else, though.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Get the fuck out. There is no way she 'magically hacked' S.H.I.E.L.D. There just isn't! I mean, you can't magically hack anything, can you? It's technology, right? That can't work right? She totally hired one of Marvel's 50 different super stealth assassin thief people to hack it with a device that she made. No way it was magic. And yeah, I know, Black Panther said that Wakandans use technology and magic but I don't think they "magically hacked" anything. No way! Or wait... Maybe she magically made a device that can hack the Mainframe and hired an assassin to get it there and back? Hmmm? Idk.

Anyway, sorry if you actually read that, cuz its long. Oh yeah, remember, Im not negative. I like this story. So don't read this negatively.

Keep up the good work!
Dakkaman777 chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
Lucia Morgan...what do I think?...she is AWESOME! geez man you nailed what I wanted and she just drips 'super villain' I can't wait to see her in action (she is like a female evil Viktor)
I loved how you had the villains fight and bicker and have her put them in their place (I bet amora regrets calling her a 'mere mortal' after what she did to Hyde) great chapter man, loved it
keep up the awesome work
Tregun chapter 4 . 3/11/2014
Uh oh Maria. In all fairness, I get why she would create such protocols, the marvel universe is a lot more real (in how people act, not powers) are there any protocols for supes in dc? I bet no, everyone just takes his word that he won't be compromised and start destroying things. Of course the avengers are going to be pissed, but people like Natasha and Carol will be more understanding, they are realists.
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 2/26/2014
Well that's just great, and if Maria and her little project have now let someone in on a way to take out the Avengers, well, why would I imagine Fury just getting fed up with her right away.