Reviews for Why Do I Stay?
I want to save Jack. Like I don't know, I sympathize too much for people I feel. I'd want Pitch and Jack to get therapy or some kind of help. But I think that keeping them together is definitely not a good idea, at least not unsupervised. I want to just fix everything. I don't know how I managed to read through all five chapters without giving up (I've got a weak stomach for these things). I think the story is really good, but I don't personally know about abusive relationships. Thanks for writing this, I've been reading like all your stories. Hope you update one of them soon!
Rose chapter 5 . 4/7/2015
I think you do this stuff with the abusive relationship very, very well. I would love if you continue your story. I hope, Ill read more from you.
FlamingFics chapter 5 . 1/23/2015
Update please, I can't wait to see what happens next
Guest chapter 5 . 11/7/2014
I really wanted to keep going, and then I realized there wasn't any more... :'(
The-Fun-In-Funeral chapter 5 . 10/19/2014
It's disappointing how many of your stories seem to be abandoned, they're well written and very enjoyable to read, but hardly any are complete. Don't you think it would be a good idea to actually finish your stories before posting them? So no one gets their hopes up, getting involved in a wonderful story only to realise they'll likely never see how it ends? I hope I don't sound harsh, I'm not trying to be rude, but it is upsetting when you like a story so much and then... nothing.
JackFrost166 chapter 5 . 3/28/2014
I think your doing good just keep doing whatever you think seems best
I believe in myths chapter 5 . 2/26/2014
Can't wait for the next chapter!
Simonerose35 chapter 2 . 2/22/2014
Maybe pitch could rape jack, bunny and tooth have gone over to visit and hear screaming? And then they take jack away but he willingly returns to pitch, who believes he betrayed him. That's all I got xzx
Vorpal Insanity chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
I love what you have done with this. I think this is an accurate depiction of an abusive relationship where the victim is in denial. Where they are groomed into believing that the abuse is their fault and they believe that their abusive partner should be protected from authority and those who might find the relationship to be toxic. Pitch seems to have made Jack dependant on him and I think this is something incorporated well into the fic, making the circumstances more believable, especially when Jack denies that anything is wrong. I really like the direction of this and I think you're handling the tone of the fic very well, especially when it is a sensitive issue. It would be interesting to read more from Pitch's POV, to see what's really running through his head while all this is happening. If he truly has no control or whether abusing Jack has just become routine to him and he does it just because he can and can get away with it (as awful as that sounds).

Such a sad fic :( but keep up the brilliant work and I can't wait to read more.
Good Evening chapter 5 . 2/12/2014
Very accurate depiction!

I especially enjoy Pitch's defense of his actions, and Jack's grateful acceptance of it. Domestic violence victims rationalize their positions as much as they can, often relying on abusers' apologies and explanations, and those rare instances of "love"-namely the breakfast and rose. Jack grasps onto anything he can to ignore that something terrible is happening to him.

Abusers often lash out at relatives and friends or else try to totally isolate their victims, usually by moving to a new town, where no one will know about or question their relationship. Another common theme is locking victims out of the house for the night. I think this would align perfectly with Jack's fear of abandonment, and reinforce his unhealthy attachment. Can you imagine him screaming to be let back in? Jamming a bruised shoulder against the front door and eventually collapsing into tears against it?

I'm not sure where you plan to go with this, but all I can say is that I appreciate sticking to the canon as much as possible, even in an AU. You can't deviated too badly at all, where their personalities are concerned.

This is quite the interesting read, and I'm looking forward to the next installation!

Good Evening
ChucklingDevil chapter 5 . 1/30/2014
As usual you have nothing but praise from me.
I can't be certain why I'm always so fascinated and drawn to these kinds of stories but I always seem to find them and get hooked.

Your writing style is easy to read and connects well with Jack's emotions and thoughts. This makes it easier as a reader to understand where this story is headed and why the main character does the things he does.
It is not at all unwanted.

I really can't wait to see how you write Pitch's perspective of this. It's no doubt fascinating to see another person's perspective of something, and this is no different.

And, as always, I hope for an outcome that leaves both Pitch and Jack intact and in some form of happiness with each other.
A naive notion, I know, but its still one I fancy.
wouldbewriter23 chapter 5 . 1/29/2014
I think you're portraying the relationship perfectly, from what I've seen and read from movies and books. I like the way things are going in the story.
Question, are the other guardians going to be an appearance? We've seen Tooth, so how but everyone else? I'd love to see how Bunny reacts to this situation.
NarupokeeAurorafan chapter 5 . 1/29/2014
I've never experience a abusive relationship but I've read on it and I think your portraying it well :) . With Jack being the victim that doesn't want to admit pitch is wrong . I wonder how there gonna get out of this one ?please update soon bye
Angel Protectress chapter 5 . 1/29/2014
This is... very accurate... so accurate in fact, it almost hurts... Awesome fic! This is... wow... I really want Jack to talk to someone because that's the right thing to do... do I think people in an abusive relationship would talk to someone? Only those that are strong enough to see that something is really wrong... but like I said, this is amazing!
Guest chapter 5 . 1/29/2014
I love this! But i (personally) would like to see more pitch and get some development on their is pitch aware its abusive? and if he is, does he go to any lengths to stop anyone finding out or to manipulate jack? Cant wait for the next update! X3