Reviews for Badlands
thespeedfxrce chapter 7 . 4/19
I gotta say, I don’t know what I’m doing here. Violence isn’t romantic to me, I don’t relate to anyone in this story in the slightest, I’m probably even a little judgemental if I’m being honest. This is 10,000% not a story I would be reading. I’m not the guy.
But here I am. 7 chapters and however many words deep, I’ve never heard the Doors in my life and I’m scared to look them up cause it might ruin my Spotify or YouTube algorithm.
So I say this in the nicest possible way, from arguably someone so far away from your target audience, you sure can craft a fuckin’ story, my guy.
Honneredpuppy73 chapter 1 . 4/9
Why he throw apples tho?
She'sGotHighHopes chapter 7 . 2/14
I love that the first thought Edward has after running into the trailer is to get Bella the hell out of town. Not just to keep her from getting into trouble with the police, but to protect her from the assholes in town and her mother’s fate. That he would purposely leave behind evidence that would incriminate him in a murder and not her makes me love this mentally disturbed Edward even more. His gentle treatment of Bella and his bad boy, criminal actions make his character so unique and exciting. Fear and lunacy and excitement and hormones seem to be some kind of magic elixir for Bella. Finally, she feels alive. A shame it had to take such drastic measures for her to escape, but I wouldn’t shed any tears for Mike.
She'sGotHighHopes chapter 6 . 2/14
I’ve read this story so many times and I can’t get over just how incredible it is! All the events in Bella’s life leading up to this moment just makes Mike’s death so much sweeter. I felt so much sadness for Bella’s sad, lonely life and so much fear for her in this chapter and then finally, pride that she took that knife and saved herself from Mike’s disgusting attack. Your writing is seamless and so easy to lose yourself in. The image of Mike’s blood oozing down in the peel and stick tile is so vivid in my mind and I can just see Edward tearing through the door to get to her. Absolutely stunning writing. I can’t praise you enough!
dormirais chapter 14 . 10/22/2020
god dammit they're so stupid. the stunt they both pulled in the liquor store could've easily gotten them both their heads blown off. these two are fucking crazy i may have to take a break bc this story is giving me so much anxiety
dormirais chapter 12 . 10/21/2020
PHEW that was hot. edward's devotion is insane. but so is he so that's not surprising. at least he's the the hot kind though. im glad he pulled out and i hope they use protection in the future. last thing they need is a pregnancy. good god.
i wonder about his family history...i think his trauma is making him think up things that didn't actually happen to block the pain. whatever the truth is is gonna be crazy.
and i have doubts of bella's sanity too for rolling with his madness and trusting his murders and drug dealing so calmly. it's just a touch over the line of the normal teenager's tendency for intense and quick infatuation and poor risk assessment.
and i know for sure they're gonna get caught at least once. i feel like that's coming up soon. it's still difficult for me to picture an HEA and if they don't get one i'll be devastated so i should really stop reading but i CANT
dormirais chapter 10 . 10/21/2020
what in the bonnella and clydeward. he really killed his aunt and uncle? i don't wanna jump to conclusions bc since they were dealers and based on other hints they were probably horrible people but oh my goodness i am STRESSED. he's unstable and i love him but im also kinda scared for bella. who's to say he won't turn on her?
dormirais chapter 9 . 10/21/2020
goddammit edward. did he HAVE to stab the guy? just wracking up charges!
and the car they're in is way too conspicuous. this is all gonna end horribly im so scared for them
dormirais chapter 7 . 10/21/2020
first i was thrown off at how the tense of this chapter is suddenly present while the others were all past tense. but even if it's not purposeful, it's kinda poetic. like when right her life changes and she "Wakes up" from her passive existence she starts telling the story in present tense bc she's actively engaging in her life now
dormirais chapter 6 . 10/21/2020
holy fucking shit. he deserved it but im so scared for them being on the run
dormirais chapter 5 . 10/21/2020
i am HOOKED. i knew mike was on more than naive bella's thought that it was weed
how much money from this uncle/aunt is it gonna take for edward to not be expelled?
how has bella survived growing up in the same town in which her mom killed her aquaintance's husband and a child and then herself? she must have some serious trauma. the "never been interested in anything before edward" stuff is making sense
how did angela cope?
dormirais chapter 3 . 10/21/2020
mike creeps me the fuck out. that's some good writing. i dont think it's weed he's on
Godschildtweety chapter 24 . 9/21/2020
Really good
beachblonde2244 chapter 24 . 9/19/2020
Loved revisiting these two
pinkshoes81 chapter 24 . 9/17/2020
Love this story, thanks for sharing x
7,376 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »