Reviews for Badlands
Jesstew chapter 7 . 12/3/2016
I'm speechless! They are fucking crazy!
sophdrea chapter 24 . 10/23/2016
The epi was wonderful! Thank you for not letting them lose that edge that made them two of my favorite characters. I needed to see that "raw and hard and dirty" again before I let them go. In case you didn't realize, I was a PB virgin when I started this story. No matter what else I read that you've written, I think this one will always be my favorite. I don't have the words to tell you how this story reached out and grabbed me, making me feel so many different emotions. It is a classic, in my opinion, and will always be in my top ten. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, and for giving me a story I will never forget.

sophdrea chapter 23 . 10/23/2016
I know I still have the epilogue to read, but it can't be any better than this chapter. You do realize what an amazing movie this would make, don't you? When she looked up and saw Edward waiting for her on that bench, my heart swelled and the tears started flowing! I could barely see the next few paragraphs.
There were two passages here that summarized this Edward so perfectly, as your words always do:
"the passion and a sliver of chaos that always lives in Edward quickly inflames" and these sentences: "My crazy man, full of viciousness and blood and need. a fire I'm glad to see wasn't snuffed out when he found what he had been searching for. I hope he never loses that edge of bedlam that drew me to him in the first place."
I am in awe of your talent.
sophdrea chapter 22 . 10/23/2016
Oh, PB, there were so many beautiful passages in this chapter. I wish I could tell you all the ones I loved so much. I'm so glad that Bella told Charlie how she feels about Edward; and that she and Charlie got to mend their relationship. He turned out to be a good day after all. You made me get teary several times while reading this chapter. Bella is getting closer to Edward, and I'm feeling better about their HEA. You wouldn't break my heart into little pieces, would you?
xoxo Soph Drea
sophdrea chapter 21 . 10/22/2016
Thank goodness, a chapter from Edward! I knew that boy would make it to Mexico. I'm finally starting to believe that these two won't go out in a blaze of gunfire like Bonnie and Clyde. ;) I love how Edward is so strong and determined. Even though he had that one little moment of doubt about whether Bella still wanted him or not, he is intent on getting to Playa de Sangre and waiting for her. Your Edward is definitely one of my most favorite Edwards. He's going to hold a place in my heart for a long time.
sophdrea chapter 20 . 10/22/2016
This whole chapter had me in tears, but when I read "It was always going to be him." my heart broke a little, ok a lot! Everything that happened in this chapter was so gut-wrenching, the time Bella spent at the police station, her coming back home with Charlie, her conversations with Charlie, her thoughts about Edward; you wrecked me with this one, PB. Your beautiful writing made me feel everything that poor Bella was feeling. Then you gave me a glimmer of hope... the town of Playa de Sangre on a map of Mexico.
I am so bad at expressing my thoughts, but I hope you understand a little, how very much I love this story.
sophdrea chapter 19 . 9/4/2016
I decided to be brave and read this chapter without the aid of Grey Goose. I knew you wouldn't let Edward be dead. But, woman, couldn't you give these poor kids a break? I guess you kinda did when you let Bella find the vet to patch up Edward. ;) Now, though, you let the cops chase them from the convenience store! You really know how to ramp up the suspense. This may be the best story I've ever read, seriously. I thought that last chapter ending was going to kill me, but this ending not only has me crying... you made Edward cry too! This last scene with Bella kneeling in the dirt while Edward drives away with tears streaming down his face... no words! Well, I do have one word... epic! That one's going to stay with me forever.
sophdrea chapter 18 . 9/3/2016
You left Edward bleeding on the floor of that garage, and the police are coming! I'm dying here! Thank goodness for "Deadeye Bella" and her shotgun, but I don't see any way she can get Edward out and into the car before the police come. Now I'm afraid to read the next chapter. If it wasn't before 10:00 on a Saturday morning, I'd go get a big drink of Grey Goose. Instead, I'll go do some laundry and then put on my big girl panties. Maybe then I can move on to Chapter 19. GAH, PB, you are killing me! I still love you though, and I will finish this amazing story. Just not right now. ;)
sophdrea chapter 17 . 8/21/2016
Your Bella is a true bad ass! She sure took care of those nasty boys who were threatening poor little Claudine outside of the convenience store. Bella and her shotgun make an awesome team! It made me sad that there was no one to stand up for her in high school like that; well, until Edward came along.
Poor Edward. I hated hearing about him being put in a mental institution. No wonder this poor boy has problems. It's a miracle he has survived all he's been through.
Now I'm getting nervous about what happens next; and I'm also wondering about whether E's parents are really still alive. You keep me on the edge of my sofa, PB.
sophdrea chapter 16 . 8/21/2016
I'm not sure I can express how much I loved this chapter. I had so many "AWWW" moments while I was reading. Thank you for working things out so they could get married. Thank you for letting Jasper and Alice turn out to be as close to friends as these two could have in their situation. The scene in the meadow was everything my romantic, weird, killer-loving heart could have asked for. This line was so perfectly Edward: "I fucking breathe only because of you." But the epic, breathtaking part of this whole chapter was the fact that they consummated their marriage in this random field full of wildflowers. So canon, so brilliant, my friend! You know how you have those certain scenes from stories that you never forget... this is one of those scenes for me.
sophdrea chapter 15 . 8/21/2016
This chapter kept me on edge. I was so afraid that things were going to go wrong between Jasper and Edward. Thank goodness Bella has gotten very good at calming Edward down. I was laughing at your portrayal of Jasper in this... shirtless and missing a tooth. How could you do that to my second favorite Twilight character? (just teasing)
I think I see the writing on the wall, PB, after what Bella told Jasper and Alice. I've had my suspicions for some time, and I can see this ending only one way. However, I love this story so much, so I'm forging ahead. I am stocking up on tissues and vodka though.
sophdrea chapter 14 . 8/14/2016
So the scene in the liquor store didn't end well, for the old man and, apparently, not for Bella. These kids are going to have to start wearing gloves. ;) You surprised me there, PB, with Bella killing the store clerk. I didn't see that coming. It led to great sex on the back of the car though! Nothing like a little blood-spilling to get the juices flowing, right! I love this story so much! It's like a roller coaster ride in pitch black dark. I never know what's coming next! Thank you for taking me places through these characters that I would never go. You're the BEST, girl.
sophdrea chapter 13 . 8/14/2016
You made me cry for Bella again in this chapter. How horribly sad that Mike was her first, and only because she wanted to have at least one person that liked her. Thank you for giving her Edward to make her finally feel loved. Their blood ritual was perfect and so right for them. You express the intensity of their relationship so well, PB.
Now I'm starting to worry that Edward's parents aren't alive to help them. AND you left me hanging with that shotgun being cocked in the liquor store. I'm so glad I can move right on to the next chapter.
sophdrea chapter 12 . 8/12/2016
They've made it to Alabama, but it's a long way from there to Mexico. Btw, I know exactly where Opelika is. I've been there. I lived in Alabama from the time I was 9 until I left college. B & E's visit to Walmart made me laugh. Bella put those girls who were eyeing Edward in their place! Their sojourn in the abandoned house was so poignant and sweet, not to mention sexy. The sex was perfect... just how I imagined this Edward would be... demanding, possessive, and intense. GAH, this Edward is going to end up being one that stays in my mind for a long time.
I'm also enjoying your Archive of Awesome Fic List. I've gotten some new ones from there, so thanks.
sophdrea chapter 11 . 8/10/2016
Good riddance to Uncle Peter! He deserves to die after leaving Edward in foster care all those years. I'm feeling a lot better about Edward's parents, now that I know they were trying to protect him, and intended for him to join them after things weren't so dangerous.
You have given me a first in fan fiction... never knew having a man put eyeliner on a girl could be so hot! I LOVE IT! Now every time I put my eyeliner on, I'm going to wish I had Edward holding me down with his knees and grinding on me while he puts mine on. GAH, woman, you are so good!
I know I am probably the 1000th person to tell you this, but this story would make an incredible movie. Can I be your gofer when they start filming? I'll keep your coffee cup full. ;)
7,315 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »