Reviews for Badlands
aramisette chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Gah! Loving this story, but not sure I like how many people he's killed. Weird, I know.
JessaCloud chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
I had a niggling feeling reading a previous chapter or two that Edward had done that regarding his uncle. Oh dear. It's interesting that they just accept it. It's matter-of-fact. And I as the reader wasn't even as horrified as I should have been. That's interesting to me, too.
I'm really enjoying the Charlie portion as well. He's now very intuitive and I find that comforting somehow. Maybe he will end up doing right by her and letting her go live a happy life? They're committing crimes left and right, so I am not sure how they will continue to elude the authorities, especially without altering their appearances or something. Hmmm. I guess we will see ;)
I find myself rooting for them, wanting them to succeed in getting to Mexico, wanting them both to have a better life. I think they're so sad, but also I see them deep down as good people, even with the stabbing and killing. This dichotomy is absolutely fascinating to me. Well done, as always.
Moltz chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Will Charlie put the pieces together? Will he figure out Bella's hiden clues in her behavior?
parkesy23 chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
So awesome. Love it
GothicTemptress chapter 10 . 2/10/2014

Holy hell, THAT was a shock to me, but got me thinking in a surprising new direction. PB, I could be completely wrong in making this comparison, but something struck me when he revealed that bombshell. Just like canon Edward stops a moving car to save Bella, this one stops at nothing too. I think your Edward is more canon based than I previously realized, and I'm loving how that makes me feel even more excited about future chapters (OMG the possibilities!). I'm not sure about the culpability of the aunt, but all of Edward's other victims pose some kind of threat to Bella (her body or her freedom) directly or indirectly. And they've both just kind of had a rebirth, especially in regards to their freedom from that horrid life. Like the newborn Edward, who utilized his blood-thirst for "good" by taking out the bad guys of society, your Edward has started doing this too. Your Edward is equally capable of that kind of violent justice, for obvious reasons.

I guess I'm just struck by certain parallels now, and will look for more in the future. But I think there is something to how you've molded these characters, and their relation to their canon counterparts. Bella's need for protection, the freedom becoming a vampire actually affords her...these kids might not just be killing animals only, yet their bloody reality seems in keeping with canon Edward's early years, where despite his murders, they seemed to be "justified" for the greater good. And the greater good of this Edward and Bella is to STAY free. And then there is the canon, Victorianesque Edward who slept in the chair this chapter (You cuntblocker you).

This is probably just me over-thinking it all, but whatever. ;) I'm loving every second of this work of fiction, the good, the bad and the bloody!

*chuckles wickedly* Now, less cuntblocking maybe, YEAH? LMAO. I'm such an impatient perv, but I'll gladly wait for anything you give us, because this is too addictively goooooood.
anitabonita2413 chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Goodness, this guy is just killing or stabbing anyone that pisses him off. If I didn't know he meant well, I'd be afraid for Bella. I really wasn't expecting to hear that killed his aunt and uncle. The comment of his aunt not missing the hoodie makes sense now. LoL.
saraamin chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
holy hell! That guy is a serial killer! Intruged by this one ; ) Cant wait for more. Thank you honey! You got me hooked
Missy Robshipper aka miss247 chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Dang, edward is really on a killing spree. A part of me wants Bella back with Charlie but then I remember what it was
like for her there and change my mind.
chartwilightmom chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
damn, edward is a lot darker than i thought he would be
and bella is loving it, or is she?

keep it coming
skye282 chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Oh my god, now we find out that he also killed his Aunt and Uncle. I love this rebel Edward and everything but how will he ever keep Bella if they are found. He surely go away for everything he has done. Charlie knows though, at least deep down that Bella wasn't abducted, like he said she almost seemed happy in the videos. Sooo good, next chapter can't come soon enough :)
huntingforwitches chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Now we see if these two can make it to Mexico!
Your Edward is fascinating. All He makes me think about is Kohlberg's moral development theory when I read about what he does and how he essentially justifies it. Sorry to geek out there, hah.
Great update and happy writing!
NKubie chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
I did not expect Edward to have killed his aunt and uncle. At all! That said, I look at canon Edward who killed hundreds, maybe more, and I could live with that. Like Canonward, this Edward only hurts or kills "bad guys" or those he perceives will hurt someone he cares about. He's not some random psychopath. He's a methodical psychopath. LOL But seriously, he's only hurting/killing those that have hurt him or someone else. And with the way he feels about Bella and the way she feels about him, I'm not worried that he'll hurt her.

And let's not forget that Bella is a murderer too. It was in self-defense, but still...

I'm actually more worried about what the authorities will do to one or both of them if they get caught. That scares me. It could all end very, very tragically. I don't think you'd do that, but I never say never.

I so wish that Bella had enough self-confidence to take what she wants, namely Edward's affection. He may be worried about overwhelming her with his feelings and she's not brave enough to let him overwhelm her. :) I do love the subtle (and not so subtle) affection when it does appear, though.

Thanks again for another fantastic update! It was the one I read first when I opened my inbox. :)

SmillaGW chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
With their list of killings progressively increasing, I can't see how this can possibly end well. I do realise that it might not be your intention for it to, either way this is turning out to be one heck of a trip, and I'm:-)enjoying every part of it so far.
DataByteDL-FangirlinGranma chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Oh my...the plot continues to thicken!

I drop everything when I see a notification for this story in my inbox! I'm sooooo's "my own personal brand of heroine" (or meth in this case!) *Giggles*
What have you done to this nice old Granma, BB?

LOVIN this story!
Hearts and xoxoxo!
shaz308 chapter 10 . 2/10/2014
Thanks for the update. It doesn't mean Edward killed his uncle and aunt. They were drug dealers. Looking forward to more soon, thanks.
7,240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 299 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 319 .. Last Next »