Reviews for The Squire's Squire
person unknown 686 chapter 1 . 1/4
What I would give to know Terence's reaction to that. What I would give...

I love your stories! Keep wrtiting!
Syl chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
I love it! I LOVE IT!
Inksplosion chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Arthur is great. So is Robin Goodfellow. And waking up a servant in Avalon is probably about as nice as it gets when it comes to coworkers and good, honest, work.

Great story!
Silimaira chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Happy heart attack, Terence.

Snicker.
Le Comte de Saint-Nicholas chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Magnificent. Just magnificent. Simply stupendous. I am agog. The existence of really good writers is reinforcing my hope for fanfiction. It's just a pity I will never end up as good as this. Alas.
(collapses).
Linorien chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
Oh Terrence, too adorable.
Seor chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
Ahh this was wonderful, and I loved the insight into Terence's life at Avalon. "Young" Arthur reminds me of Wart from The Once and Future King :)
Queen Apolline chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Fantastic! I really should check for new stories more than once every three months...
InTheMiddleOfNowere chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
This was awesome! By the end I was smiling so wide my face hurt!
en-shaedn chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
This was lovely! Thanks for writing it.
Zarz chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
P.S. Aargh. And now I've spent the last couple days developing this detailed headcanon about how, from this point on, about once a year after he's had a bad day/week/month, Arthur wakes up in Avalon and spends the day as Terence's squire. Sometimes Terence shows him the proper methods for polishing boots and scrubbing floors, and other times they ride out to go visit outlying villages and end up going after bands of gnolls or bugbears who are causing problems. It ends up being Arthur's yearly day off, and he and Terence get to enjoy the chance to interact as squire and duke - and friends - rather than king and squire. Lovely to imagine, but a bit difficult to sleep when Terence keeps invading my dreams for more than just boogey-man slaying! Thanks for making such a lovely story that I can't help but keep thinking about it long after I've finished reading!
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
OH MY LORD I CANNOT EVEN YOU ARE FABULOUS ALL THE LOVE.

No, for real, this is spectacular.

Arthur being Terence's squire in Avalon is just incredibly funny and brilliant. I love that you included the nieces as well, and the way Terence keeps slipping up and referring to being a squire for Gawain in Camelot. And Arthur is just: "What?"

And AHHHHH! Your Lorie is just so sweet and kind and wonderful and she banters with her brother and I am like, yes, that is what the relationship between me and MY little brother looks like and oh my gosh I am just freaking out over how awesome Lorie is.

"Quite the Romeo, I hear, climbing balconies."

No, but this is like, one of my most favorite things that Terence does. The way he literally comes and goes as he pleases, in and out of Eileen's window and Gawain's windows too. It's awesome!

"Terence obviously hadn't remembered that a squire, of course, would have to ask permission to leave (absently, Arthur wondered if Terence ever asked Gawain permission for anything)."

I am dying, Elfpen, do you hear me? Dying.

ECHO IS THE SWEETEST OLD ELF TAILOR I SWEAR THAT WAS UNSPEAKABLY ADORABLE.

Also, Arthur, you're killing me with your kindness and adorableness.

I love this bit, where Terence tells "Aeoden" about protecting Arthur from enchantments and plots and stuff and Arthur is just like, "Whoa!" And the thing is, Terence doesn't boast about it because that's completely NOT what Terence is about. He just states the facts, tells the truth, and there it is. He loves Arthur and will protect him with his life-has done, in fact. And now Arthur gets to see that side of him.

Contrasted, I love that Arthur gets to tell Terence how much his people adore him, the way they scramble through the kitchens to get the dinner perfect for their beloved duke, the way the tailor beams delightedly at being asked to make clothes for Lord Terence, the way Robin sulks when Terence doesn't come to visit him. It's wonderful, and having Terence tear up right there was perfect.

Oh my. I can't... Arthur and Merlin... I'm gonna cry...

Oh my joss, this story was amazing and it was so cute and funny and I love Arthur so much and Terence is just delightful and you are beyond brilliant, you know that right?
Rasei chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I like the story a lot. The idea that Arthur enjoyed being a squire is swell, and quite unlike most stories with a king becoming a servant. The ending was my favorite part, with Terence finding out that Arthur was Aeodan. I think Robin is going to get a stern talking to, even if it wouldn't have much of an effect.

I also enjoyed the meeting between Aeodan and Merlin. Merlin, of course, recognize Arthur is so much in character.

There are a few times where you use to many commas in a sentence, but that is the only grammar error that I saw.
FredNeverDied chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Absolutely brilliant!

loved the concept and character study and the plot all rolled together. your wit was very sharp and I loved the bit with robin insisting on the PLANNED occasion. :) your descriptions were splendid and it's an overall lovely piece. the ending is especially awesome and i was hoping that we may get a follow-up one-shot to this occurring directly after? it's so good and otherwise the cliffhanger here is just unfair!
Eavis chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Ai Mellon! This was SO GOOD! I'faith, I was grinning like a loon the entire time. Ahhhhh I've missed this world. Thank you a thousand times for bringing me back to it. :D