Reviews for War in Remnant
Taeniaea chapter 24 . 2/24
cool story
Guest chapter 21 . 11/27/2014
my heart and souls wipes for the fallen. alley and friends alike. death cames to guide the lost, intern found thy hope and love in the light of journey's end.
but no seriously the hammer company was my favorite troop. but alls well that ends well. bittersweet ending for the team who strengthen and determination rivals a no man. farwell to the old and stand ford the new, at least they're finally together again and forever.
TheFoxDen chapter 24 . 11/11/2014
So where to begin?

Nora, Just Nora. Holy Crap! I have to say the way you portrayed Nora throughout the story and her final battle astounded me on how she would be once she lost Ren. I was surprised how the story took one turn after another and deeply admired how you wrote this. There was a nagging sensation throughout the story that Ruby was still alive but it was interesting how you brought her back in the final chapters, though if a bit odd. I have to say that Yang's death was probably one of the highlights of the story. No character hate but her final words and actions were so well written that I actually decided that I had to finish the story. At the end of it all, It was well written and kept drawing me back in for more. Good Job! I look forward to more!

Thanks,
The Fox Den
Tony516 chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Interesting!
I too have thought about a war in Remnant, but nothing like this. I'll keep reading onward
Ice-Veins chapter 24 . 8/4/2014
I would like to say that reading this has been a great pleasure, I love the writing style, the plot was interesting and deliciously dark.

That being said... I'm sorry but the ending felt very week to me, far too deus ex machina for my taste and it really lessens the impact of the characters struggles; everything being ok for the characters that lost loved ones and the rest of the survivors managing to rehabilitate without much effort just feels like a cheap out for a situation that was building towards a message that could have easily been a "no one survived the attack on beacon" both literally and psychologically. If a situation is built to be hopeless it should either be carried through as such or victory should come at an extreme cost.
A great work for the most part but the ending killed this story.
KuroNeko00 chapter 24 . 8/1/2014
This was great! Just read the entire thing in one sitting, staying up way past my bedtime to do so. My only regret is that there was no Ruby for the majority of it. But I knew she wasn't dead so I was waiting with baited breath practically the whole fic for her to make her reappearance and you didn't disappoint.
inkbender chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
Wonderful. Great action sequences, excellent grammar and syntax (cannot tell you how hard that is to find on this site), and best of all, a blatant disregard for the "main character immunity" trope. Looking forward to reading more.
zanderh11 chapter 24 . 5/10/2014
Well, I agree, that was a little bit of a better ending for the story compared to last chapter, (or last 2 chapters now.) This chapter was really well done and didn't feel overly rushed at all. Over all I feel it was a great ending to this story.
You know, I really liked the Grimm-Human hybrid Ruby, kinda hoping to see more of her eventually

As a whole I loved this story. It was expertly paced, (except for the ending of the war/finding and saving Ruby.. or in other words chapters 22 & 23.), it was gripping, emotional, very detailed in all the right ways, some of the best written right scenes I've read here on fanfiction, and it had a great plot line. Again, my only real problems with it that stick out in my mind were from chapters 22 & 23, which I've ranted long enough on that already. (again note, I still did like those chapters and yes, I skimmed over them again and you splitting them up did help.) This fic is still my 2nd favorite RWBY fic, (barley beating out White Rose of Vermillion, but not quite beating out Blood Rose), and probably my 4th favorite fic over all the fics ive read. :)

As for the new little One-shot/short story series, (Which I'm excited for), Ideas... hm...
1. Yang chapter, pre-war (maybe Yang by herself chapter, maybe sister chapter between her and Ruby at Beacon. Maybe chapter with her and Weiss... somehow.
2. Yang & Blake chapter, pre-war, how they got together? engaged? wedding?
3. Yang & Blake chapter, heaven post-war. (though that might be a bit much, especially since how Blake and Yang ended in chapter 20 was a great way to end their story.)
4. Velvet chapter, post-war, how she dealt with everything and what not.
5. Team RWBY, pre-war chapter, don't know what they could be doing but it'd be nice to see them all together for basically the first time in this series.
6. Team JNPR, pre-war chapter, same as above.
7. Nora & Ren chapter, pre-war
8. Everyone chapter, a chapter that shows what everyone was doing and thinking when the attack on Beacon happened and how that first wave went.
9. Ozpin, Glynda, Oobleck, and other teachers chapter, (Ruby's dad?), during war, just a chapter that shows the new Beacon its going. also the memorial ceremony for those lost at the first Beacon.
10. Ozpin, Glynda, Oobleck, and other teachers chapter, (Ruby's dad?), post-war, their reactions and what they are doing after the war and what not.
11. Weiss's dad chapter, what he's up to during the war, after the war, and maybe a chapter for him and Weiss meeting up after the war as well.
12. Ruby chapter, during war, Just a chapter showing her change into a Grimm and what Grimm Ruby was up to for that year, (A chapter of Ruby recalling everything she can from those periods of time she was somewhat awake while being a Grimm.)
chapter, post-war, her re-meeting everyone, how that all goes, weather or not she will have any issues with people wanting to lock her up or study her, and if so how she and Weiss get out of it, if at all.
14. Weiss & Ruby chapter, pre-war, dont know what they could be doing though.
15. Weiss & Ruby chapter, post war, random things/adventures/stuff/idk
16. Sun/Tamamo/the rest of the Fortress Gang of really great OC's, during and post-war, just what they were up to and what not during both time periods.
17. Torchwich & Cinder chapter, (is Cinder even alive right now?) During war and post-war, just show what they are up to at both times and any schemes they might have.
18. Adam Taurus and the new White Fang chapter, show them during and after the war. (Adams reaction to hearing of Blake's death?)
19. Tamamo's past chapter, pre-war.
Well.. you did ask for Ideas... im going to stop for now... (I originally wasn't going to write any idea's down.)

Anyways thanks for a fantastic story, I'm looking forward to the new story and any future stories you might write. Bye for now! :)

P.S. This is basically a Weiss centric fic right... it's mostly Weiss, just wondering if you meant for it to be a Weiss fic from the beginning or not. (It's a really good Weiss fic.!)
Shinoki chapter 24 . 5/10/2014
WAAAAHHHWAAAHHH!
And, it basically ends...
An awesome story...
Loved it the whole entire time... :)
Lachrymose Comedian chapter 24 . 5/10/2014
This was a good story!

My only complaint was that it felt a bit one sided for Vale in comparison to the Vauco. The coolest thing about war related events and stories is having the 2 different perspectives on the war. Like how when under Nazi Germany's rule most of the soldiers fought out of fear or obligation rather than belief. They still try to get out of its shadow till this day.

A cool detail when all the parents came after the attack would have been to have CRDL's parents as well to make it less black and white.
xXHawkeye1337Xx chapter 24 . 5/9/2014
Loved this story. It was tragic and sad, but it had a good ending. 5 stars from me. :)
SanguisAnima chapter 22 . 5/6/2014
Well, that was... A tad anticlimactic. And unconventional. But still good.

So when's the epilogue? XD

- Sanguis
Guest chapter 22 . 5/4/2014
"The end of war in remnant-" dude...WT- "also there will be an epilogue chapter." Oh...woops
Raiyu Fenrir chapter 22 . 5/4/2014
I... Haven't read this when it was first uploaded. I'm reading it a day after it's release. I marathon-ed it. And All I have to say is...:

Awesomeness.

I loved it the whole way through. This story really makes you wonder why humans fight each other when we have greater enemies out there in the world. The fact that the Grimm exist and that they've had an influence on Ruby was what I liked most of this story.
zanderh11 chapter 22 . 5/4/2014
,,,Man I was not at all expecting the story to end this chapter, and like that to... I mean I assumed that it would be ending soon due too the events of the last two chapters; the war was coming to an end and since the overall focus of this story was the war, it wouldn't be right to continue the story to much after the war had ended. I would have thought then before this chapter, and still might be able to now with how this chapter/story ended, a possible Post-war sequel. I guess I'll have to till after the Epilogue to see if I could see a possible Post-war sequel or not.

I don't know, I'm sure I could come up with some final thoughts/comments/questions for the story but I think I'll wait till the Epilogues out to write all that.

Ok, one note: The ending chapter to the story seemed really... rushed and unplanned. It wasn't bad, not at all, but compared to the rest of the story...
The rest of the story had this perfect pacing to it, (except for like 1 chapter that felt a bit slow and filerish). You never spent to long on something or not enough time on something, and you almost always provided the perfect amount of details and descriptions for everything. Also, I don't know how much of this story you had planned out ahead of time, but not once in any of the previous 21 chapter would I ever would have been able to guess that you didn't have each and every little aspect to this story expertly planed out ahead of time. But this chapter, the last chapter, felt really rushed just to finish the story, and with little detail too. Plus, for the first time in this entire story I felt like you had no plan, that you had no idea how you wanted this chapter to play out and just wrote whatever to get you to the end.
Another thing, their was very little to no resolution for anybody in this story that I felt a last chapter to the story should have covered. Now im not actually going to say much on this because you do have and Epilogue coming where I assume most of that will be. (either that or a possible sequel in which case there is no need for said resolutions. seriously though, Blake, Nora, Jaune, and Pyrrha got some sort of possible resolution in the story, but really no one else. We haven't scene Ozpin and the teachers in awhile, (along with the school), we haven't scene the masters who taught Weiss and everyone in awhile, (along with Sun), haven't seen Weiss father in awhile, haven't seen torchwhic in awhile. Non of these people really got a resolution yet. Velvet, who probable deserves some sort of resolution more then anyone I stated above said like 3 lines in this chapter towards the beginning then is just gone for the rest of it.
I know I'm just rambling at this point but one more note I wanted to make. Emotional Impact, this story has hit me emotionally so many times on so many levels in most of the chapters, (chapters 1 and 20 especially), but this chapter, yes it was really nice to see Ruby, and nice that Weiss could save her, (Kinda), but overall there were no real emotional, tear jerking moments here. The biggest emotional impact I felt was at the end when I read this is the last chapter. (cause when I finished the chapter I was like, "Ok I'm excited, I can't wait to see how this will go from here".. then I read the A/N and learned this is the last chapter.

Anyways, again, despite what I said above I actually did really like the chapter and I can't wait to read the Epilogue. I'll share more overall thoughts on the story after that comes out. Thx again for such a great story, till next chapter/epilogue, Bye!