Reviews for Someone On Your Side
BenAddict Holmes chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
This was great! I liked it a lot :)
History101 chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
A really interesting, well written piece. I loved it :)
funvince chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
This was very nice and well-written. I liked how you wrote Sherlock's reactions. He was confused and earnest but not ridiculous. I liked how his teacher remembered him fondly and how obviously touched Sherlock was by that.
start2run chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Really good. I especially like that you didn't go overboard with Sherlock's emotional reaction. No sobbing etc.
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
As a university teacher myself, this one is...just perfect. yeah- spot on. Voices SO in character. And we do remember those special students.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
That was lovely.

I really liked Mr Edwards as soon as Sherlock began describing him and that only grew when Sherlock met the family at the wake and they described how he'd kept an eye on what Sherlock was doing. In particular the image of him laughing for five minutes when Sherlock came back from the dead made me smile.

I thought you did a very good job of capturing series three Sherlock and John, their voices felt spot on as did Sherlock's slightly more human take on events (and his confusion at whether what he was doing was right, and why it even mattered to him). I have adored the first two episodes of this series - the wedding being possibly my favourite episode yet - and you've really replicated the feel of them here.

You also did a great job with the brief scene with John and Mary. I've been delighted with her both as a character and how she has fitted into their friendship, and how she handles Sherlock, and you had her completely spot on as well.

There were not of course many 'funny' lines given the subject matter but nevertheless one or two still made me smile, and the conversation about John's ties actually made me chuckle not least because I could see/hear him and Mary as I read it.

I really did enjoy this.
marylouleach chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
This was beautifully written! Awe,I got a little teary eyed. The boys were so in character! I loved it.
keyrousse chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
I miss AO3's "Kudos!" button, because it would be useful here.
Nice little piece :)
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Love this. Nice to feel that Sherlock had someone who understood him a bit. Love how he wanted to go and do whatever he was supposed to do. Loved how he was remembered and even the family knew all about him. And I felt this was all very in character. Well done.
24 | « Prev Page 1 2