Reviews for When the Bough Breaks
Son of a Preacherman chapter 1 . 8/2/2021
I liked how this was a complex and nuanced take on the subject matter.

Also, even though I'm not a parent, I strongly related to Jodie's anxiety and internal monologue.
FleaBee chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
You've covered the subject of this story so well. It felt like this was something that was written from exerpience. Loved that Jodie tried to get advice from Brittany and all the chat speak in Bittanys message. I can see that bubbly blond taking to motherhood. I liked how you showed Jodie spinning out of control and that Mac was able to get through to her for her to get help. That she was able to take the first steps towards recovery by the end. thanks for sharing :)
Dark Kuno chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
As a nominee and/or winner for one or more categories in the 2013 Daria Fanworks Awards (aka "the Booties"), this work has bee added to the Best of Daria Fan Fiction Community here on FanFictionNet.

Feel free to check out, and possibly subscribe to, the community. You may also wish to visit The Paperpusher's Message Board (a forum for Daria fanfiction and art) or DariaWiki for more Daria fan fiction & art, as well as information on the Daria Fanworks Awards.
OFIXD chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Awwww what a great fic! Is it based on your own life? I think it looks pretty real. It looks like all the people in this fandom is older than me -wich is not so strange because Daria started at 1997 and I borned at 1994- well, anyways and even if I am not older enough that fic made me think about becoming a mother someday.
JoeMerl chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Wow...this was really good! I like the subtlety—at first Jodie seems normal and stressed, maybe just too perfectionist, with it slowly building up to the point where it's clear that something is actually wrong. The cautiously-optimistic ending works better than if everything just got resolved. Excellent work!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
I like reading Daria stories where the black couple Jodee and Mack get to be main characters, and as a white reader, I encourage you to make more stories of them. This is good, although, you didn't have any Daria in here It's perfectly natural for new mothers to worry how they can handle a newborn. At least, she's not going through post -partom depression.