Reviews for The Dangers of Foresight
Shalk Zailackar chapter 31 . 14h
Awesome story!

I really enjoy stories that touch into the political aspects of a story. In general, I think that Star Wars is a pretty good fictional universe to explore political adventures since it is so widespread. Plus the story has some pretty dramatic elements that make for some pretty interesting psychologically provoking material.

A thought I had is that Count Doku (Sith), Girth (Regular Sentient), and Yoda (Jedi) will all have a part in shaping the ideals that form the foundation of beliefs for the new generation of force users.

The way I see it, the Jedi bring forward concepts of peace, ordered structure and benevolence. They also show a tendency to work together for the wellbeing of the group.

Girth represents the outside perspective of a non-force user which is pretty much the most objective point-of-view that can be found in the Star Wars Universe.

And finally, we have Count Doku who represents the Sith and their aspects of chaos, individual ambition and the vision to do what must be done to accomplish one's goals.
- - - - -

A funny thought, when I said above that the Sith represent individual ambition whereas the Jedi represent group ambition, it struck me at how true that is. After all, at least recently, the Sith have followed the rule of two, working for the benefit of a select group; whereas the Jedi number in the thousands and work for the benefit of a much larger group.

Another thought I had was that if you think about it, it is much harder to define what exactly the dark side of the force is, for that matter defining the light side of the force is not so simple either. Is it the techniques themselves? Or is it the intent a person has when using these techniques? I would say that a lot of what makes something intrinsically dark or light is more about the intent behind the action and less about the specific force technique being used.
- - - - -

I believe that Girth will help the future generation of force users see the pros and cons of both the Jedi and Sith methods of using the force. He is definitely in a prime position to learn more about the Sith methods from Anakin and also more about the Jedi methods from Master Xio.

My guess is that Girth, as part of his interactions with Anakin will help him shape and form a new perspective as a user of the force and to integrate aspects of both the Light and Dark side of the force, do so by drawing from his experience as Darth Vader and the Jedi teachings he learned before his induction into the Sith order.

I also see Count Doku, Yoda, Girth, Xio, Siri, and Padme as having important roles in shaping Anakin's beliefs and how he will shape a new way of interacting with the force.

If I broke down what I see as the core of these people into a couple words this is what I would say:

Yoda: Pure and unyielding like a crystal, wise and knowledgeable of past Jedi teachings.
Count Doku: A free thinker who sees beyond the past or present into the future. He is also a strong politician.
Siri: A paragon of justice. Has a somewhat outside perspective to the current timeline.
Girth: An intellectual with a more subjective point-of-view. Also has the intelligence and wisdom necessary to offer unique insight into the Jedi and Sith practices. Follows logic more so than emotions due to his work in psychology.
Xio: Peacefull and striving to help others. Has less apprehension of the darker aspects of the force if it is necessary to help others.
Padme: Also has a unique perspective on the force. She follows her emotions more freely when making decisions due to her upbringing and the type of work she does.

I think that Anakin will take these teachings that he has integrated and follow that up with teaching them to the young Jedi's who are in the process of being taught.

Keep up the excellent work!
Look-for-the-miracles chapter 32 . 7/18
I absolutely adore this entire story! The plot, the characterisations, the emotions running through it ... all of it is wonderful to read. I only discovered this story yesterday, but I simply had to finish reading it as soon as possible once I'd read the first chapter or so. You had me hooked from the very beginning with even the mere idea of the possibilities that could emerge in this story.

I really enjoyed the way you tackled the Jedi's treatment of Anakin's mental wellbeing. It's really well addressed and makes it even easier to see how if the Jedi had maybe done something about helping Anakin before with his mental and emotional problems things may have turned out very differently to how they did. Plus, I love the way we see Anakin grow as a person with the aid of his mind-healers, and even the insights from his fellow initiates.

Something else I enjoyed was the interactions between the characters, particularly with Anakin/Dooku, and Anakin and the initiates. The way that Anakin tries to save Dooku is wonderful and you can really see his worry that if Dooku falls again, was he always meant to fall and so is Anakin himself always destined to fall? The worry that Anakin has for this to be true is expressed in a wonderful way, and I enjoyed seeing other characters, like Siri, trying to prove to Anakin that even the fact that he is trying makes a massive difference to who he used to be and who he is now.

In short, thank you for writing such an amazing story. I'll be sure to look out for the sequel.
Shalk Zailackar chapter 32 . 7/15
Thanks for your excellent work! I have really enjoyed reading this interesting look into what Anakin would do if he went back in time. I especially like how you have characterized Count Duku and his unique perspective on the force and other related subjects.

One thing I feel is that Girth will have an important impact on Anakin and allow a new perspective on what it means to be sensitive to the force and what it means to be a Jedi.

My guess is that just like his input on focusing on positive emotions to gain a force trance will be the first of many areas that he as a non-force user will add his own alternate perspective that neither the Jedi nor Sith have embraced.
cameron1812 chapter 33 . 7/13
Awesome! Thank you:)
Ambrosia19 chapter 33 . 7/13
Thank you!
Leicontis chapter 5 . 7/4
I meant to mention this in a prior review, but I absolutely love your description of the Dark Side in this chapter. It's a brilliant portrayal that really explains a lot of what's going on in the heads of various darksiders.
Leicontis chapter 23 . 6/13
Coira is reminding me more and more of Luna Lovegood as I go along. This is certainly not a bad thing, mind - Luna is my favorite character from Harry Potter - just an observation.
luxbandit chapter 33 . 5/30
I love your work so much! _
Raggetymanftw chapter 32 . 5/29
I loved this so much! Can’t wait for the next installment! Thank you for posting this.
paradoxreader chapter 33 . 5/25
Hi ! I think your sotry is absolutely fantastic ! The amount of depth you put into the character building and psychology side of it is really in depth and I can find myself very much appreciating it ! Also Ahsoka is one of my most favourite character and especially her bond with Anakin ! As its one of the frw showcase of him nurturing someone under his wing and also one that I feel is underutilise a lot ! It helps to show he is not only a hot shot and reckless commander in his youth and time as a jedi but also the fact he had to take one inder his wing for a time. Hope you can certaintly further explore their bond ! and perhaps include her even more. Maybe even include a mini tutoring between them and then furthering it to a master/padawan bond ! She will certaintly be a precious light to him and also one of importance. I am also keep looking forward to perhaps seeing more of Anakin and Padme interactions ! Certaintly they cant be kept apart so easily as it is not to be so haha. And perhaps to save the headache maybe he can be under senator Amidala, for the program of "intergalactic mumbo jumbo" Gloried gophers ? But in any regards hope to read and hear more from you soon and also congrats on your engagement !
ILDV chapter 33 . 5/26
Very GOOD.
scout360pyro chapter 33 . 5/25
Thanks! I will enjoy reading them.
rgold244 chapter 33 . 5/25
Such a good Fic. Can't wait to be able to read the entire thing
V01dSw0rd chapter 33 . 5/25
maybe you could/should add on the general timeframe for the sequels?
Just to give a general idea of the order they occur in...
Lopendria chapter 33 . 5/25
Thank you for the update. I have really enjoyed your writing. Please, for as long as you write, share the love. Thank you.
2,665 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »