Reviews for The Dangers of Foresight
Cellorules chapter 1 . 11/12
A great story, although Didi and Astri were father and (adoptive) daughter. I would suggest reading Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice series, if you want to read more about Obi-Wan's apprentice years.
bdogrulz chapter 4 . 10/31
this is good, I love the pacing so far tho I feel like I'm missing a few scenes somewhere. I don't remember reading a sections where the council and Anakin discuss his dark side training. other then that I like the characterization each character gets and Anakin's own thoughts on them up to this point
JimmyHall24 chapter 21 . 10/28
BABY

AHSOKA
Seratar chapter 2 . 10/15
I was going to wait to leave another review, but everything about this chapter absolutely blew me away.

First off, the intrigue. I was expecting more of it now that you have established Anakin in his role, and he is starting to realize that he needs to do more than just a little work to change things. What I didn't expect was for you to take the knob and turn it all the way up to 11. Just for that little extra kick. Anakin and Dooku's interaction had me on the edge of my seat, and I'm excited for their meeting.

It's good to see Anakin interacting with his peers and getting into mischief. I haven't read any legends novels about his time in the Jedi temple, but I always imagined that he would be a troublemaker of sorts. Kids are kids, no matter how well you train them. They're going to cause trouble. I think Anakin is taking a little bit of his second life to actually be a kid, rather than the chosen one. Stay life balanced Anakin!

Excellent writing as always, I'm excited for more!
Seratar chapter 1 . 10/15
I appear have stepped into a vast and unknown place, known only as...

The future. Or is it the past? It's my past, but your past self's future. I'm going to stop right there.

First off, I did note that you put a date stamp here indicating the year, but I'm still lost chronologically. I might have missed it during reading, but is there some kind of indication of how much time has elapsed since the end of your last fic? It appears to have been less than a year, but more than a couple weeks. Anakin has had time to become at least mildly comfortable with the temple.

I like that Anakin is starting to become more introspective, even though it appears to have caused him some problems. While it is true that we most often regret the actions we do not take, it is also true that we often regret the actions we take without careful thought, even if that thought is only a general principal which we adhere to, allowing us to make in-the-moment choices easier.

I'm stoked to start in on this story. Your writing in this first chapter is already noticeably better than in the last fic, so good work on that (just imagine I'm telling this to the you of five years ago).

Let's get this party started.
C.R.Marks chapter 31 . 10/15
Exceptional!

Also - checked out ‘Lenses’ on Amazon. Saw preview and had to buy it! I couldn’t resist when I saw the scene where the professor is pinching his nose and groaning. It made me smile, because I immediately imagined it might also be your depiction of Anakin pinching his nose, and it confirmed the image I’ve had in my head is pretty spot on.
C.R.Marks chapter 26 . 10/14
Uh-oh, spaghettios... Siri just had to bust in and drop the truth like a lead ball in the room with Yoda and Master Xio
In attendance.

I can almost feel the relief pouring off Anakin as he realizes he’s finally going to have help dealing with this.

I really liked how you brought him to his awareness of Leia. That was a great idea for setting up a come to Jesus between Anakin and Yoda. A

Yoda is about to get an earful...
C.R.Marks chapter 20 . 10/14
Excellent! Especially the “V—“ “Luke” moment. Creative genius.

I see you’ve Draino’d your “blockage”? Good for you (and readers)! :)
C.R.Marks chapter 19 . 10/14
So relieved he turned to Yoda and now Yoda knows the Sith Master is on Coruscant.

I also love that I can’t begin to figure out how Anakin might get outed - or even if his true past/possible future will have to be revealed for him to achieve his goal of saving Padmé and the Galaxy from Darth Vader, the Sequel.
C.R.Marks chapter 13 . 10/12
Yoda and Yaddle - One of my favorite scenes!

I am thrilled with the direction you took it. I was hoping Yaddle would pick up on the memories. I’m just shocked Anakin wasn’t more guarded.

I’m sure you thought about it - what is the backstory to that? Was he just too overwhelmed or was it a culmination of all the smaller moments he’s been lowering his defenses a little? I’m super curious.

p.s. Batfan7 is AWESOME! I don’t know Batfan7, but I love the story. So there, snooty toot complainer.
C.R.Marks chapter 9 . 10/9
Bravo! Speaking from professional experience, I believe you actually nailed it for a 10yo like Anakin.

First, Girth knows Anakin won’t be getting what he needs until he is allowed to acknowledge his emotions. Knowing he won’t get this from the Jedi means his first session with Master Xio will be fruitless and make Anakin even more cynical about mind healing than he already is.

Second, he knows the power dynamic in their relationship will be established in the first encounter. He’s dealing w/ a 10yo Jedi prodigy who will need absolute proof that he has something to gain by participating in the therapy. If Girth fails or loses credibility in that first session, it will be very hard to to impossible to establish it later.

So, he used sensory experiences to immediately evoke memories of home and the strong emotions that come with it. This opened a window of therapeutic opportunity. Then, Girth capitalized on that as quickly as he could - before the Jedi dogma and Anakin’s natural defenses had a chance to shut the window.

Bravo! Bravo!
C.R.Marks chapter 8 . 10/9
The lack of action isn’t even noticeable because the kids are so entertaining! I laughed out loud at the “stalking” bit.

I can’t imagine anyone being impatient for something different at this point. The pace is perfect for me.
C.R.Marks chapter 5 . 10/8
Another excellent chapter.

Love that Sidious saw Vader through the Bounty Hunter. Nice twist.
C.R.Marks chapter 4 . 10/7
Very creative way to explore Anakin’s thoughts and work them into the story. It keeps it interesting to add variety in how we learn a character’s inner thoughts. I can’t wait to see these mindhealers trying to probe aroundand get something useful.

It was sweet when Hale approached him. Seems it affected Anakin in a nice way, too?

Great chapter!
C.R.Marks chapter 3 . 10/7
So many possibilities with a hard drive containing his deepest, darkest secrets! What if he wee to forget to wipe it...?!

I found this chapter interesting. It’s clear you’re taking us somewhere.
2,812 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »