Reviews for 60 Minutes The Snow Queen
BenRG chapter 4 . 6/24/2014
A suitably psychopathic quote from Hans. That said, he gave a clue that it wasn't necessarily what he really thought. "That is what you wanted me to say?" suggests that, even now, he is playing a role for others' benefit whilst he is still plotting away.

This is a nice enough story that achieves what I suspect it set out to do: tell the story of Frozen from the first person perspective of the main characters and quite a few secondary ones too. Attempting to bring the narrative into the 21st Century is difficult but you managed to set our a fairly reasonable framework for doing so.

Of course, a real episode of 60 Minutes would also have had its talking heads. There would have been physicists and biologists theorising on what makes Elsa's powers work. There would have been a child psychologist pontificating on the level of mental and emotional damage Elsa and Anna's upbringing would have inflicted upon them. Maybe they would have talked to other regional political leaders to get their take on the omega-class metahuman in their midst. They CERTAINLY would have interviewed the Duke of Weselton for his perspective on the 'Snow Queen'.

That said, as I have already mentioned, in terms of the narrow objective of this story, it has done well. It is even arguable that further elaboration would have undermined the narrative somewhat. Overall, your big achievement was to authentically capture the voices of the characters in a believable and consistent way. Well done!
BenRG chapter 3 . 6/24/2014
I think it's likely that Anna didn't 'die' per se; it seems that, no matter how uncontrolled Elsa's powers were, it was beyond her ability to kill Anna. I suspect that she was put into perfect cryogenic suspended animation.

What freed her? Well, call it magic or mutant power, the power of the human heart is one of the greatest unknowns of philosophy, even in this scientific and sceptical age.l
BenRG chapter 2 . 6/24/2014
Yeah, a man and his reindeer (or horse, as the 60 Minutes team would understand it) can get very close. Why shouldn't Kristoff know what Sven is thinking.

I wouldn't be fair to point this out to Elsa but what she went through those days was pretty much a typical psychotic breakdown. She didn't sleep, eat or drink, she just acted and plotted. She probably would have blacked out after a while from dehydration if she refused to acknowledge her thirst, although I suspect her powers could have put that time off a little while. I believe a human can handle four days without water before hitting a health crisis.
BenRG chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
The day when history, as the human race had known it and assumed would always continue in like manner, came crashing to an end. The first confirmed specimen of Homo Sapiens Superior. A mutant.
Ava-Potter gal chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
I really like this! Update soon!
Lord Destroyer chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
That's an understatment, if ever. Of course peopele will be shocked at the level that Hans stooped to with his treachery.