Reviews for The Invisible Savior
sanityisaminordetail chapter 13 . 3/22
The amount of research fanfiction authors put into their stories boggles my mind :D Thank you so much for the time you put into this. People really do appreciate it. Please do keep writing SP fics. This SP fic is the best written out of any I've seen, not to mention AUs. And good luck on your thesis! If you don't mind my asking, what is it on? Good for you for going to grad school!
Clio1792 chapter 13 . 2/28
Yes, Herr Wechsler is right: the war was bigger than anyone, and brought out the poisonous worst in so very many.

Marguerite and Percy are married! So sorry to have missed that secret wedding, but it was delightful to find them, instead, dodging the predatory paparazzi, and sparring like they've been together for years. Also good here was Percy, acceding to Marguerite's insistence on paying for Hagen's education, but promising the young man an aristocrat's experience to replace the Spartan dormitories of the Ecole Normale Superieure. Such conditions may help a pampered child to grow into an adult, but Hagen doesn't need to experience any more hardship to grow into a man: he is already old beyond his years. He will be a comfort to Professor Wechsler, as the old Professor will be to him as well.

A fine chapter from a superlative author. I hope there will be more of this series.

Clio1792
i didnt expect a new chapter but im not bless
Child of Dreams chapter 13 . 2/21
(laughs out loud)
Good God, Percy!
Overprotective much?
Jolo815 chapter 1 . 2/21
Hi. I just wanted to drop a note to tell you how much i love this. What a great concept. lol I am also in love with SP. lol I hope you continue this. Great job.
Loonyloops chapter 13 . 2/21
This chapter was a very pleasant surprise! Herr Weschler is so well written I can feel his hurt and trauma. Thank you for giving into inspiration and giving us another chapter.
BookRookie12 chapter 13 . 2/21
OH YES OH YES OH YES OH GODDAMN YES!
You updated! Oh wow you updated! Thank you thank you thank you!
I don't really like portraying marital spats, but that's life, and you did it very well with solicitous, romantic Percy insisting on paying for his wife, while stubborn independent Marguerite equally as insistent on doing it herself. And then poor Hagen's in the middle like, "Um, this is me you're talking about here, and it's a moot point anyway since I don't blame either of you. But I'll take the offer, thanks."

But yeah, I also loved the history bite at the end. Please keep doing that! I love history, and I'm getting into my own country's history as well as world history, so if you can keep adding these little tidbits I'll learn too!

Also... Hagen is TWENTY?! What?! How much time has elapsed between Chaps 12 and 13? Can't be more than a year. HUH?! I thought Hagen was younger! - might wanna fix that, by the way. You might want to describe him. Exactly how tall is he, or how tall is he relative to Percy or Marguerite? What age did he look when they visited him the first time? What age did ALL the orphans look?
BookRookie12 chapter 12 . 2/20
I'm just entranced, and now I'm sad the spell has to end.

You captured every voice beautifully, and you characterized all of the cast so deeply and truly I feel like these could be the original Orczy characters transplanted in another place and time. I love how you show that Percy does have flaws - he loves to be in charge, he likes to show off - as well as values. His romantic inclinations are perfectly sweet and well-taken - I mean, he kissed the ground she walked on in the book for God's sake!

Marguerite also walked the very fine line between melodramatic and stoic amazingly well. She didn't come off as cool towards Percy unless it was understandable, but she also didn't throw any tantrums like some of the Marguerites here do. A French actress is no wilting flower - people need to understand that, and you obviously do.

Her turmoil about Percy's dual identity is just as I would feel were I to find the man I hated to be a hero I admired. This is probably the best SP fanfiction I've ever read, let alone the best AU. You made a lot of points here that I love because of their depth and subtlety. You're a really talented writer and I hope you turn your prowess back here because I'm dying to imagine what happens next - is fanfiction of a fanfiction a thing? (ha ha)

I just love this overall and I hope you'll gift us with some of your gold again! :)
Basil Allegri chapter 12 . 12/12/2017
I think the best part of this story (there were plenty of good parts) was that you nailed Percy's dramatic romantic inclinations. In the book, he kissed the stairs where Marguerite walked for crying out loud...
Child of Dreams chapter 7 . 11/6/2017
1986?
Don't you mean 1982?
Child of Dreams chapter 2 . 11/6/2017
Drancy?
sanityisaminordetail chapter 12 . 10/29/2017
I don't have a specific request for them, but I do love this story. Perhaps another dinner? Or the two of them at Andrew and Suzanne's wedding? xo Mel
Guest chapter 12 . 9/8/2017
bravo! a wonderful au while keeping in the spirit of the pimpernel!
Marguerite chapter 12 . 6/6/2017
I love it! Glad to see a new chapter!
Eileend704 chapter 12 . 2/24/2017
Love this story and so sad that it's over!