Reviews for The Invisible Savior
Basil Allegri chapter 12 . 12/12/2017
I think the best part of this story (there were plenty of good parts) was that you nailed Percy's dramatic romantic inclinations. In the book, he kissed the stairs where Marguerite walked for crying out loud...
Child of Dreams chapter 7 . 11/6/2017
1986?
Don't you mean 1982?
Child of Dreams chapter 2 . 11/6/2017
Drancy?
sanityisaminordetail chapter 12 . 10/29/2017
I don't have a specific request for them, but I do love this story. Perhaps another dinner? Or the two of them at Andrew and Suzanne's wedding? xo Mel
Guest chapter 12 . 9/8/2017
bravo! a wonderful au while keeping in the spirit of the pimpernel!
Marguerite chapter 12 . 6/6/2017
I love it! Glad to see a new chapter!
Eileend704 chapter 12 . 2/24/2017
Love this story and so sad that it's over!
Clio1792 chapter 12 . 2/21/2017
Poor, brave, Fleurette, facing the death of her father, along with the death of the hope that he could be redeemed. And, for all her gratitude to Percy, she is the first of several in this chapter who will offer sympathy to Marguerite (Andrew being the second) for the fallout from the way Percy can be as manipulative as he is magnanimous.

Also interesting was the idea that grateful survivors had given paintings to Percy-an interesting "twist" to several real-life dramas of paintings acquired by third parties after the war, and sought by original owners who ultimately needed to sue to have them returned. It is good that the author establishes that the Scarlet Pimpernel would never have done such a thing.

The author does her usual superlative job of exposing the sexual tension between Percy and Marguerite. Accordingly, this reviewer confesses to having hoped that there would be a few chapters left for an extended courtship, as the story concluded-that scene in the car was particularly exquisite. But this series was brilliant, and it's certainly the author's prerogative to end it here.

A terrific transposition of an old classic!
Clio1792
Toaofwriting chapter 12 . 2/21/2017
Lovely story. Very nicely characterized and written; I like that you were able to realistically keep the characters much the same about 150 years later. Well done.
Loonyloops chapter 12 . 2/21/2017
Aahhh! It can't be over! I have loved this story since I first found it. Such a sweet sending. Thank you for writing this wonderful story. I'm sure I'll be reading it again soon.
Daniella Harwood chapter 12 . 2/21/2017
I think this needs an epilogue of some sorts, maybe a few newspaper clippings, or a few scenes set after this, to give an idea of what happens in the future. It feels rather open ended at the moment.

This has been a most enjoyable read, thank you!
youngpatriot chapter 12 . 2/20/2017
I love this story so much! I'm sad to see it come to an end, the characters are just incredibly true and emotional. Your writing is beautiful, clear and well-plotted. I wish there could be some more closure for Marguerite and Percy, but I understand where you've left it.
Child of Dreams chapter 12 . 2/20/2017
(shrieks with delight)
FINALLY!
colorful swirls chapter 11 . 1/5/2017
This is absolutely the best Scarlet Pimpernel fanfiction I've ever read. Your writing is superb; the characters are all astonishingly in character, with fascinating differences because of the AU setting; and though I don't normally go for AUs, yours is so much more than I was expecting! I've loved reading these eleven chapters, and I so look forward to the next one (I'm extremely eager, but I understand being busy!).

Thanks so much for writing and sharing!
Loonyloops chapter 11 . 10/24/2016
I love this chapter! Percy's reactions to Marguerite are great. For not knowing where this story was going it sure is good. And as much as I want the next chapter , you should be studying.