Reviews for Kingdom Games
Clariqueen chapter 32 . 5/5
Let's just say it was a death scene that wasn't a death scene... Also, it was a good thing I was listening to this through a text to speech software, because I swear to God I cried for nearly an entire chapter, and would not have been able to see the page had I've been trying to read it. When I first saw the summary for these stories, I didn't think I would like it that much, mostly because of a frustration towards Katniss's passivity, but boy am I glad I was wrong! I have read, or rather listen to, this whole story since yesterday, and I was supposed to be doing homework! It was incredible, so thank you!
justjoy chapter 32 . 1/18
Where to begin... how is it, pray tell, that you write every story you touch with such stunning brilliance? I'd say this is my favourite of the lot but honestly – all of your fics are amazing. Just, wow.

I particularly love how you've adapted both canons to weave something entirely unique yet very... concrete? tangible? should I say, not flimsy like borrowed premises (unfortunately) have a tendency to be. I love how you've portrayed all the characters and relationships here: Merlin and Arthur, of course, but also Gwaine and even all the characters who only stay for a scene or two. I'd tell you which parts of the story I loved the most, except that'd just be me pasting entire chapters – nay, the entire fic back at you.

(And the little moment when Arthur remembers Uther threatening to burn Merlin, and his nightmares – that killed me dead, just so you know.)
csarbani14 chapter 30 . 7/1/2017
I am crying... arthur's pain was beautifully depicted.
BringerOfStorms chapter 32 . 6/22/2017
Well done. That's three for three well written stories of yours I have read.
WEast chapter 30 . 3/20/2017
Aithusa. Is. Adorable. So, so cute. But the FEELS!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 32 . 2/24/2016
This was wonderful! It's very well written, and I love the way you used so many elements from canon, but turned them all into something new.

Awesome work!

Ani-maniac494
Kirsten chapter 31 . 2/17/2016
Oh, wow - what an amazing ending (and there's still a bonus chapter to go)! What an amazing, incredible STORY! This has been my reading material this week, and I have been absolutely engrossed. The humour, friendship, tragedy, horror, love and heroism are both poignant and subtle, perfectly combined and rendered. Your writing is so vivid you make it able to hear and see the characters, scenes and action. Well done, again - you have the storyteller's genius, and I never tire of reading your stories!
LaRieNGuBleR chapter 32 . 2/4/2016
A bonus? Thank you! :)
RocknRollagirl chapter 32 . 2/1/2016
Hey there:) what a nice surprise to see that there is a new chapter to this story. It was a fitting ending that provided closure for all characters and was perfectly written as usual:)
Audriel chapter 32 . 1/31/2016
Aww, I need some refreshment to remember what happened in this story, considering how many stories of yours I've read :D Still adore Arthur and Merlin in whatever universe you put them in.
caldera32 chapter 32 . 1/31/2016
Many thanks for the bonus chapter; it is excellent! I love all the differences made possible by your changes - i.e. Arthur not mourning Uther since they weren't family and Merlin being able to command Kilgharrah before releasing him. It was wonderful all 'round; good job!
mersan123 chapter 32 . 1/30/2016
Perfect. Love seeing Merlin and Kilgharrah. A slightly better (cough) release than the original.
Thanks again Wryter.
Drag0nst0rm chapter 32 . 1/30/2016
Oh, that made me smile.
Larien Elanesse chapter 31 . 12/25/2015
Oh. My. God. This story was AMAZING. I just binge-read the entire thing. First of all, you're a brilliant writer. I love your style, and have no complaint about your grammar and vocabulary. :) My thoughts on this work of art are scattered enough that they won't be in any sort if coherent order, so I'll do point form.

- I love the premise of Arthur and Merlin both start off as commoners. I feel like this out them on a more even footing for the rest of the story. It felt like these two were more free to have the friendship that if eel they would've had in the show, had Arthur been allowed to be friends with a servant. (If that makes sense)
- I love your characterizations! They've got the perfect blend of humour and sarcasm and gravity and protectiveness and self-sacrificing (especially Merlin! Ye gods, I love that boy!) I'm an angst and hurt/comfort junkie, and your story gave me a wonderful high! :)
- your AU was so creative in how you worked all of these events and characters from the show in there. Some of them followed really obviously and some of them (such as how Morgana and Morgause are now cousins and Morgause is also cousins with Cenred) is brilliant, and I think you must have real vision to keep track of all these things.
- Gwaine. I adore his character, I really do, and I'm so happy that Merlin has someone who will be his friend even when Arthur's being an ass. However I love the [Arthur&Merlin] dynamic, and I was wary of Gwaine joining them, because I didn't want their dynamic or their bond to be downplayed or lessened because of a third person with them. That wasn't the case at all; Gwaine added just the perfect amount of levity and camaraderie without impinging upon that dynamic at all.
- I love your style of writing sections switching between points of view. I also especially loved that there would be an event from one's point of view, and no sooner would I be wishing I could read the event from the other's POV, or that I could see what happened immediately following an event, and you would be switching POV and giving me exactly what I wanted :)
- I need to mention again just how perfect this story was. In lots of ways, but ESPECIALLY with regard to the epic bromance of Merlin and Arthur. All the mentions of "his sorcerer", how in-tune they were with each other (like Arthur knowing immediately something was up with Merlin after he learned of Aithusa's egg), Merlin's willingness to die for Arthur and the latter's refusal to let it happen, the fond exasperation, the protectiveness (like when Merlin requires 18 hrs sleep after draining himself magically), etc. I can't say enough about them two. :D Oh, and no slash, which I also love. :)
- I also love that in this one, Arthur knows about Merlin's magic, but especially so that there was never any hint of betrayal between them, no friendship that got broken then needed mending, as the fact was out in the open to begin with. I love the freedom and openness that it gives to their friendship.

I would love to read more in this verse, like small one-shots of mundane activities and small adventures. Like I said, I LOVE this open friendship between them and the bond between them. :)

Thank you for allowing us to read this brilliance.
-Larien
maldru chapter 31 . 11/12/2015
I must tell you this, however ridiculously late my comment appears: this one is the Most Brilliant Merlin Story I've ever read -and I read quite a lot of them, and consider myself quite a discriminating reader!