Reviews for Earthquakes in Georgia
CindyKay chapter 2 . 5/14/2014
I love your writing!
deniselynne1966 chapter 2 . 4/29/2014
I wish the writers would have shared what happened between them when Daryl returned. This filled in the blanks beautifully.
whowhatsitwhich chapter 2 . 2/7/2014
I love the emotional turmoil being likened to an earthquake. It's fits so very well.
This story is wonderful...it's dark and painful and melancholy in all the right ways.
You pegged Daryl's character and Carol's too...
There is a unsaid promise between the two of them to be there for the other no matter what.
They give each other what they need unselfishly. You've captured it so well.
Lovely story. Going straight to favorites.
definitelywalkerbait chapter 2 . 1/20/2014
Fantastic! I can't stress enough how much I appreciate that you took the high road and didn't have Daryl raring for sex and lovey-dovey stuff immediately the day after Merle's death. Being numb and confused is normal and just the precise sentiment he would have. Not shutting Carol down was enough on his behalf at the moment. And, of course, Carol understood and was a gem about it :) I loved how casually she approached him and reminded him what Merle had done for them all. And the soothing effect she had on him? I might have melted a little. "If someone were to ask what Carol was to him, he wouldn't be able to answer. He was sure no one had invented the right words yet." - Killer line! Bravo!
definitelywalkerbait chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I loved it! Painful, deep and extremely well-written. Great grasp of Daryl's train of thought for his loss and loneliness. The parallel between earthquakes and his inner turmoil was nothing short of fascinating to me. Carol's quiet presence and loving approval obliterating that bleak sentiment was perfectly spot on :) Excellent job!
EnglishPoet18 chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
Oh, I loved this... It was so beautiful. Sometimes the best things come to us in dreams!
I still need to reply to your last pm about guest authoring. I've been busy and sooo tired.
Thanks for writing(dreaming) this :)
dkflpn chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
I wish we had seen more of him dealing with merles death-he lost his brother and I would've loved to see how he coped
Thanks
Surplus Imagination chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
Nice add-on. It works well. I like the easy understanding. Thanks!
TheRealSonia chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
I'm so glad that you decided to continue this story. The first chapter was such an interesting take on the Caryl dynamic. Something very original that hasn't been done here yet. But at the same time, I found Daryl's behavior true-to-character, because he's animalistic, impulsive and driven by strong emotions. In the second chapter, I'm glad that he realizes that he can feel again and that his feelings for Carol are terrifying, but also exciting and good.
serpetinefire chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
Nice bridge. It still gets me with the ease in which he took her hand and like you said, the way he looks at her. Some of ny favorite caryl moments are his looking at her :)
dkflpn chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
that was very good, loved the story
readergrl chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I love the cadence of this piece and the way you write about Daryl's loss. He's not very emotive on TWD, your narrative was so real and believable. You might just be a master of angst . Thanks for another great read; you are such a talent.
Pat83 chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I must say I really enjoy your stories, you are one hell of a writer! Whatever tone you choose for your story - dark, funny, hot, teasing - it always turns out to be something special, it's always very real and nail-biting and sometimes I forget to breath till I get to the end:) Thank you and I can't wait for more!
RedHeadedPixieGrunger chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I really enjoyed this. Daryl's need for comfort, to feel something other than what he is right now and knowing Carol's the only one to give him that. I loved it!
i luv ewansmile chapter 1 . 1/13/2014