Reviews for Rising
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Amazing exploration.
Hathor-Aroha chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I'm floored by your accurate portrayal of Hans and how you were able to guide your readers through his thought process and reactions when he hears Anna has gotten married to a "peasant boy". This definitely deserves its place of honour on my favourites list. Thank you for bringing us your beautiful writing (I couldn't find any spelling or grammar errors at all, which is a real pleasure to come across), and I must say that this is the only Hans-centric fic I've willingly read and sincerely enjoyed.
BenRG chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
The most unrelenting condemnation you receive is that you place upon yourself.
Calliecature chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
interesting, this is very interesting. i have a feeling, readers nod in here in understanding. i have always wondered what has gone through hans to turn him into such a person. i think you did it well.

for example, (since i can't copy paste to quote your works, allow me to point them out in the best way possible) you got the human nature smacked precisely in here. "humans are not creatures of logic, they are creatures of pride bristling with emotions- andrew carnegie."

in here, hans see himself as a victim, as a person who has done nothing wrong for there is nothing wrong with ambition. he see himself as someone strong in the face of suffering. the way you subtly wrote his defenses, the reactions of his family and what he gets in his environment tells the reader of a plausible life of hans after the movie.

even though he thinks he's okay, the readers can tell the situation has warped him into becoming sardonic and humorously bitter like how he was hoping for a shipwreck.

then came the insight that would change everything, you offered a fic that contributed a nice perspective by comparing the two men in anna's life. kristoff got what hans strived for. politically, hans has more of a chance to get it but he forgot one thing as presented in this fic: morals.

it was the last line of your fic that is the cherry on top. it was then that he realized he's in the wrong.

your story is deep, it points out the stubborness of humans of being told they're wrong and you presented it best with hans :)

i love this, keep it up!
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I dislike Hans as much as any fan, but this was executed too well not to review. You did so well, I actually enjoyed the insight into our most despicable prince.
AccountKiller1111 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
This is amazing! It really shows what hans would have been thinking. I feel like I've stepped into Hans' mind. This is a truly great story! Amazing job! :)
InfernoLeo9 chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
I love it.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Very well done. :) Hans is royalty while Kristoff is not, but that does not matter to Anna and Elsa. Kristoff proved himself to be a good man who earned the sisters' trust and respect, so got what he wanted with marrying Anna was because he worked for it, so he deserved it. Hans, on the other hand, was willing to lie and murder to get what he wanted, and look how that turned out. He should be in prison for life after what he did, and he'll never have a chance to be king in any kingdom. Ultimately, Hans did the crime, so now he is doing the time.

Great job once again. I think you wrote this so well in saying what happened to Hans after the movie. I'm sure he would be shocked that Anna married someone who wasn't royalty, and that his oldest brother attended the wedding. I am working on my own stories with events leading up to Kristoff and Anna's wedding and afterward.
ChubbyCubby23 chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Beautifully written and characterized! I could very easily picture every scene depicted in this little story, and feel Hans' self-righteousness and eventual realization at the very end about his own actions and methods.

Very well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
I like this. I kind of wondered about how Hans could justify his own actions and you did a good job of delving into his mind. While I disagree that Kristoff would have been made a prince- more likely a duke of sorts, or that other countries would sever trade ties due to their marriage, I liked this a lot. Good job. I also liked how Hans finally realized why what he did was wrong. I never really thought too much about how Hans felt in the aftermath but this describes it pretty well I think. :)