Reviews for Link to Reality
CR4ZYCAKES chapter 9 . 5/11/2019
AHHHHH IT'S SO CUTE
pwtcmcneil chapter 1 . 2/3/2019
just realised something, in cannon ghost kyaba explains that when the nervgear kills you, it's actually a high intensity scan of your mind, and rarely it can recreate or transfer said mind into the digital plain, i think that's what happened to kirito, he "died" his hp hit 0 etc, the game does thr scan, it works and boom, can't find console
Risukasa chapter 29 . 11/9/2018
Thank you for the ride!
0x66 0x6f 0x63 0x6b 0x65 0x72 chapter 29 . 11/4/2018
You have no idea how much of a roller coaster of emotions was reading this book was, at times I wanted to so badly torture Suguo myself for everything he has done, the romance could be worked on but as it is is fine enough.

I loved the story to bits and pieces I just wished there were more scenes of yui and Asuna and Kirito scenes where yui acts more like there daughter than an AI thats a tool for them.

I really wished there were some scenes added like Kirito using the gleam eyes form in a fight or the final scene where Kirito gets admin powers from kayaba.

Overall the story was enjoyable, sad I couldn't be part of it's development but happy that it finished nevertheless.
TeeTohr chapter 29 . 9/13/2018
Good story, some parts in the middle made it maybe a bit too long but still nice overall good job.
I'm curious tho what exactly is tramp irl problem?
Apostrophe Catastrophe chapter 29 . 9/12/2018
Gripping from the start, but it starts to stumble about halfway through. Maybe it's just me not liking the canon story.
Vates159 chapter 1 . 6/12/2018
I always love coming back and rereading this, such a great story!
Fimbu1vetr chapter 4 . 6/6/2018
Random battles best battles
Hue hue hue chapter 3 . 6/6/2018
It's time to D-D-DDDDDDUEL
fimbulvetr chapter 1 . 6/6/2018
Huh interesting. Will give this a shot
Ataraku chapter 29 . 5/9/2018
Clap clap clap clap I applause your creativity and dedication to this fic I was afraid for a second that the bastard wouldn't get punched in the face by kazuto lol I feel much better now love the ending too
AmethystPone chapter 5 . 3/31/2018
Uhm...wan't the wing recharged in a minute or two instead of like 20-30 mins?
Eli Clark chapter 14 . 2/26/2018
The Flaming whatever they call themselves seem to forget that they were going to kill Kirito if he didn't join them. If he died and the Nervegear fried his brain, they would be murderers. XD hehehe, I just wish they'd realize this. The feeling of knowing that your choice to kill someone just because they didn't join your guild ends up killing them IRL. That would certainly scar them for life, it would be traumatic to realize they actually killed someone... I'm a vindictive bitch when it comes to characters I love, and I show no mercy. I WANT them to suffer emotionally, even though they didn't actually kill Kirito. I WANT them to think twice before acting like complete assholes and forcing someone to join them. I WANT them to feel horrible guilt and horror at the thought that if they had killed Kirito and he died, they would become literal murderers.
King Baka chapter 29 . 2/4/2018
First off, thank you for taking the time to write this story. I know it takes a huge commitment (much greater than merely reading it). So when I finish a story like this I like to take the time, organize my thoughts, and leave a constructive review.

This was definitely better than the actual ALO arc. You did away with most of the infuriating things. Asuna is also much more proactive, and less…incapable of helping herself, I would say. In the beginning, I was really enjoying the story. I could keep track of all of the original characters you introduced, and the OCs complimented rather than supplemented Kirito and Asuna, who we saw with a fairly single-minded goal of reuniting with each other. As the story continued on, however, I was unable to keep track of everyone. At times I felt that I was lost in a sea of OCs, and the story became about the OCs rather than the main characters. None of the OCs struck me as bad characters—the opposite really. You created a bunch of varied and interesting people. But at times I felt the focus of the story strayed too far away from the main characters. Perhaps that’s just a personal preference of mine, since the stories I’ve written (and my favorite stories by other authors) have always maintained that overarching focus on the main characters.

Speaking of the main characters, overall I felt your characterization of them was very good. There were a few isolated moments where I questioned it, such as Kirito’s second battle against Eugene. That one struck me as excessive, and beyond that, in that situation I have to believe even Kirito would have declined the battle. Asuna had just escaped and was waiting for him in Arun, and Kirito took on a significant risk of dying and taking even longer to get to her. He does like to help others and never turns down a fight, but if there was one situation where he would have placed Asuna above others (in a game where dying for them is really no big deal), that was it.

Asuna’s brother was one character who I really enjoyed. His expanded role was a highlight of the story for me, as well as his obligatory ‘big brother’ aversion to Kirito. He wasn’t a superhero, just an older brother trying to help his sister, and pretty much bumbling it up due to being significantly out of his element. That struck me as very real.

Regarding the ending, I didn’t hate how you wound the story down, but it wasn’t my favorite part of the story either. Sugou’s stabbing of Ame was a good twist, and I don’t mind the fact that Asuna got kidnapped. Sugou has another card to play, just like in the canon, and having him try to whisk her away to New York was a much better depiction of his mental obsession with her than having him wait for Kirito in the parking lot. More exciting as well. At first I questioned why he’s taking a public flight, but by that point everyone knows he’s behind everything so the company probably alerted their private planes not to take him anywhere. So I’m good with that. But once Asuna managed to roll away from him, I can think of two words she could have used to send any reasonable person running for security. ‘Kidnapped’ or ‘Bomb.’ I don’t blame Asuna for not thinking of the latter, but she definitely could have thought of the former.

The fact that Kirito’s dad literally stumbled across her doesn’t really sit well with me. It strikes me as one of those one-in-a-million coincidences that casts doubt about how realistic the situation is. Also, the fact that Kirito is heading to the airport, and can therefore participate in the final struggle seems too perfect. There is nothing wrong with characters getting lucky, but when they get overly lucky I tend to get skeptical. If you wanted to have Kirito at the airport, Kikuoka could have deduced that Sugou was likely to try to get out of the country, and sent his forces to the local airports. Kirito would obviously have followed along (Kikuoka would have had to tie him down to get him to stay put by that point). No need to involve his dad or any incredibly lucky breaks, just good anticipation by the authorities.

I realize I’m nitpicking. The fact that I’m nitpicking (as well as the fact that I read the story to the end) confirms for me that I really did enjoy your work, despite a few qualms. Again, thank you for taking the time.
chasedcs chapter 2 . 1/26/2018
Continuing to be good. As much as I dislike OP character stories, SAO is where I come to when I need a fix, so I was slightly disappointed when i thought Kirito and Asuna were going to have to start from level one. Happy now, and excited to continue!
462 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »