Reviews for Durandal and the Security Officer's Excellent Adventures
supercode chapter 4 . 7/20/2015
Great chapter! It really does make you think about the simple things, you know? Like the Security Officer, I don't even like to drink much, but If I were taken to a place were I couldn't have any alcohol...yeah, whiskey might look a little better. Not much, probably, but a little.
Hawki chapter 4 . 3/7/2015
-Shin Naing…well, that’s invoking déjà vu of both Firefly and Doctor Who for me. But that’s beside the point – scene is set up nicely, and more brownie points for giving the naing themselves distinct physiology.

-Ah, it’s the 29th century, and they still haven’t mastered the art of non-text communication.

-Um…whiskey is available out here?

-Okay, there’s not too much to say here I’m afraid. Not that that’s bad, but it’s very much a case of “stuff happens.” Well written, fairly amusing stuff, but still “stuff.” I get that’s the point of the entry though, that the collection is more or less one of short snippets, so, um, “good stuff” I guess.
Hawki chapter 3 . 2/22/2014
Eh, don't think "oops" is the word for night inspiration. There's been a few cases in recent times where I've managed to come up with an entire multi-chaptered plot while in bed.

Anyway, concerning the result of your own "oops"...well, still short, so limited on what I can say. I do remember 'Untrue Minds', so the characterization still rings true. Aside from that...well, like I said, it's short. Not bad in itself, but limits feedback outside "this is good." But I guess that's...um, "good" in itself.
supercode chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
Oh, yes, the strange relationship between Mark and Durandal that you had them start in another fanfic. Wrong on a number of levels, but funny as heck! Great chapter!
Hawki chapter 2 . 2/6/2014
Can’t recall of the s’pht actually talked, or at least communicated in a manner understandable to humans. Still, Mark is right – it’s a pool party. S’pht being s’pht just adds to it I guess.

Apart from that, not much else to say. I mean, it’s good, but it’s the same style of writing/characterization I’ve come to expect (in a good sense). The s’pht do make for an interesting addition though, in that I haven’t seen you use them as much as the cyborg and Durandal.
Hawki chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
An excellent adventure huh? Well…if Keanu Reeves shows up, I’m leaving. 0_0

Anyway, short intro, not too much to comment on. Like the character interaction, though on the other hand, I raised an eyebrow about Mark’s atheist comment. It’s Christmas, presents…don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)
guest chapter 2 . 1/16/2014
Nice pair of one shots. So Durandal apparently sucks at any type of activity that involves what we humans (well, the sane ones, anyway) would consider fun? Would could have predicted that?! LOL