Reviews for The North Sea Nullification
KasumiKeiko chapter 28 . 1/23
Great Fic and thx for destroying Amy and Leonard, I hate those characters.
loving-reader-and-writer chapter 28 . 12/5/2015
satisfying ending
RevDorothyL chapter 28 . 11/3/2015
Beautiful and very satisfying ending to an engrossing tale. Well done!
Midoriori chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
Oh my gosh I love you for the A/N. I thought the same thing, and told people the exact same thing. I felt sooo bad for what they did to Penny through out the show(she was just so sad). At first I liked Leonard, but the more you got to know him...you just learned he was a mean, manipulative, and needy jerk. I hope this is a Sheldon/Penny...I thought that was how the show should have gone. It was the little things like Penny singing Sheldon Soft Kitty, making him spaghetti, and getting him the autograph or Sheldon lending Penny money, driving her to the hospital, and being her friend who didn't just want to sleep with her...I thought the show was setting us up for them to be together.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
I haven't even started reading yet - beyond the author's note, that is - and I already had to review. That little paragraph in your note perfectly explained everything I think is best wrong with Leonard & Penny as a couple. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Valid Grayness chapter 28 . 9/18/2015
I have finished this fabulous story during lunch today.

Okay I can see why you didn't have Sheldon go to the president of the University asking for Howard to getting his job back. At first I thought he could use his good name to help Howard out ... get him on some serious probation period (more severely than Raj's of course) ... but still Howard would be getting back to work ... and he would know that he was only back at CalTech due to Sheldon ... so that will keep Howard from falling back into the childish behavior that is written for TBBT.

But when I read that Penny talked to Sheldon and he agreed to help Howard get another job (his recommendation was spot on). Plus with Penny getting after Howard to finally grow up from his mama boy's childish behavior ... and to actually take care of himself & his wife ... that causes him to mature as his character needed to do ... was awesome.

I always enjoyed Alice's character (even through she was only on one episode ... where Leonard wanted to cheat on Priya ... but he was up front with Alice ... before he actually did any more cheating (kissing someone else when you are in a committed (well committed as far as Leonard knew) is still cheating). Then when he tells Priya that he almost sleep with someone else ... and she informed him that she sleep with her old boyfriend a few weeks previous. (I say informed and not confess ... because the way she told him was with no regret or emotion whatsoever ...).

That's why I was some what surprised you didn't include Priya in this story. I mean from the very first time we met her in season four ... and when Leonard was all say he ended up moving to India that they should start dating ... she was all "Where are you going with this Leonard" ... we knew from that point that her view on relationship ... was she wasn't looking for a committed relationship.
Granted she did end up moving to Pasadena due to her work. She did agree to date Leonard ... but when it was time to transfer back to India ... she was totally hiding it from him until the very last moment. So her very cavalier attitude on cheating on Leonard was no surprise at all.

I just think if you had her come into the story ... and actually show sympathy for Penny and Sheldon (which we fully knew she really didn't truly like on the show) and tell them that yes she fully intended on cheating on Leonard while they were doing the long distance relationship ... she never once hid that character trait of hers. That Leonard truly knew where she stood on committed relationships. I just think Pryia would say that Leonard is a true sick master mind bastard whom had cruelly planned on humiliate both Sheldon and Penny when he willing went to Amy and video taped them having sex. That he put the nail in both his and Amy's coffin so to speak when he sent that text to Sheldon. Knowing that Sheldon's trust was going to be broken for all time not just with him but Amy also ... there is no way after watching even a little bit of that video ... that Sheldon would believe that Amy was even remotely innocent. Plus he fully knew that Sheldon couldn't hide the pain and that Penny would watch the video to see why Sheldon was so upset. That way Leonard could rub it in Penny's face ... that he was willing to use a woman whom looked like Amy for sex ... just like he did with Penny.

I like how without Leonard and Amy (I have to say that I love Mayim Bialik ever since growing up with 'Blossom' ... so I enjoy the character Amy Farrah Flower on TBBT) ... but like I said in my previous review if TBBT was a drama series and not a comedy series ... then I could see her character behaving the way you have her in the story) ... and with Alice another creative artist type among the new group of friends ... it evens out better. Four scientists (Yes I'm including Howard in the scientist area because his engineering talents lies in the science) and four artists ... it seriously balances the dynamics better. I know that TBBT is about four very bright science guys hanging out being all nerdy ... not really be able to handle every day life like a lot of typical avenge people. I know that Penny is there for the typical avenge person ... for the street wise smarts that the guys don't have. I hate they have dumbed how down ... because they could have a California tall blond young twenty something woman have an honest interest in all the geeky things & still have a perfectly normal life ... without having to dumb her down just to meet a stereotype to make a show have it's laughs.

I mean seriously once they had Bernadette finally get her PH.D. so she could quite the Cheesecake Factory ... she started to treat Penny like a lesser human being. I found that very cruel of the writers to do. There was no need to do that.

Wow I better leave this review alone now. I only meant to tell you how much I love this story and I did that. But your story brought so much things that I found wrong with the writing of the actual show that I had to share it.\

End of this review transmission:

Great read. Plan on reading it once more down the road.
Valid Grayness chapter 7 . 9/16/2015
I love Leonard Hofstadter only due to Johnny Galecki being in the role. I discovered Johnny way back when he played David Healy on 'Roseanne'. Truly if another actor played Leonard then I may or may not like him. Truly Johnny's gentleness way of life truly brings Leonard Hofstadter to life ... even when Leonard truly is being a selfish bastard (sometimes how he treats Penny gets on my nerves ... he does have a way of twisting some of things around forcing Penny to apologize when truly they are equally at fault) sometimes his treatment of Sheldon is truly uncalled for ... but you can tell (in later seasons) that he truly does care for Sheldon ... and he will go to the ends of the earth to help Sheldon out. He does protect Sheldon.

Okay I have read a few stories where Sheldon is the truly evil master mind (I love those well written stories) because truly it is believable that Sheldon Lee Cooper can snap and rule the world.

Your story is truly the first story that Leonard has gone all evil on not only Sheldon but Penny also. (This is truly the first story that I have read where Leonard is one sick bastard). I love this Leonard that you are writing. If TBBT WASN'T a comedy ... and if it was a drama then I could honesty see this playing out on scene.

I'm currently on chapter thirteen on my phone ... I do hope that by the end of the story ... you'll have Sheldon go the university and tell them that Howard has shown is sincerely guilt for taking part in Leonard's to sabotage his career path. I would love to see Sheldon help Howard get his job back.
Loraw chapter 28 . 7/6/2015
Wow, that was amazing! Re-read this a couple of times now
Thanks for posting :-)
Guest chapter 4 . 6/25/2015
I wish Cara had given Howard a chance, she (you) had to know that Leonard is a douche and would have lied to Howard about this situation.
Guest chapter 28 . 5/26/2015
This fic is so amazing from many points of view, as I'm sure you're well aware. But, perhaps, the most important thing is that this story simply made me feel good, so much that I felt compelled to review, and that's a really rare thing. So, congratulations!
Guest chapter 28 . 5/5/2015
Lying and other things are not okay and they should have gotten a pastor.
yuiop chapter 28 . 4/28/2015
Nice
Mystogan814 chapter 28 . 4/26/2015
This was a beautiful story. The romance between Sheldon and Penny was very sweet and there were a few moments that made me tear up a little (like Sheldon's proposal to Penny). I liked what you did with Leonard and Amy because I've always thought that Leonard was a really bad friend to Sheldon and that Amy was being far too pushy with Sheldon. Overall, I think you did a wonderful job on this story.
Cibom chapter 3 . 4/20/2015
wow. I'm torn how to feel about this chapter. On one hand it is nice to see the villain get what is coming to him in any story. On the other hand this Cara chick seems as unstable as Leonard is. I am intrigued. I will enjoy reading more.
Cibom chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Just started this story and I am enjoying it so far. I have to agree with your A/N. I also lost interest in it when I felt the good guy the show wanted me to root for was acting just like the manipulative manwhores that he was supposed to be "rescuing" the damsel from. Anyhow. I look foreward to reading more!