Reviews for Rhetoric of an Almost Love
miranda04 chapter 51 . 5/21/2014
Oh, the heart fail for these two. Thank you for this.

I like that he was originally going to law school (she envisioned him a lawyer/politician in their conversations). He never forgot about her, either.

WHen I originally read the prologue, I read it in Edward's voice. Now, when I just re-read it, I realize it's Bella's (since he never got to the twilight of his life). Similarly, when I first started reading the dialogue, I tried reading it from both perspectives.

Thank you again.
miranda04 chapter 50 . 5/21/2014
Oh, I had hoped she would have been happier.
miranda04 chapter 49 . 5/21/2014
Never liked that song. Never. Still don't.

And I think it may be because when I was a kid, keeping track of the top songs of that year, I was so disappointed that THAT was the #1 song in the US. Don't know if maybe I would have appreciated it more had I been older when it came out. But, my young self, spending hours listening to the top 100 countdown for the year on the radio, felt I had wasted my time! I think it tainted the song.

However, I do like your use of it here. It was unexpected.
miranda04 chapter 48 . 5/21/2014
She still has a bit of that wall up, huh? She speaks truth, but not completely (at least, by how I'm reading her tone of voice).
miranda04 chapter 47 . 5/21/2014
I'm thinking his last statement is the truest one.
miranda04 chapter 44 . 5/21/2014
Oh, I'm feeling for Bella! Edward, too, but moreso for Bella.
miranda04 chapter 25 . 5/21/2014
miranda04 chapter 11 . 5/21/2014
Taking a break here to review. I'm really enjoying this. I've soaked up 2 of your series in less than 24 hours. I like this departure to dialogue-based storytelling, too.

I had to take some time and re-read a bit to figure out who was speaking, but I think I've figured it out (Edward in bold).
Guest chapter 51 . 2/1/2014
Great story. But do you mean 20 years since he left Bella? 30 years would put them in 1971 not 1981 which is when the song Edward sang to Bella was a hit as you pointed out.
Guest chapter 50 . 1/31/2014
Still waiing for this to be anything but pointless!
elizabeth bennette chapter 51 . 2/1/2014
This is a confusing story. I will read it again when I have the time. Was this E is a vampire or human? Sorry for this question
debslmac chapter 50 . 1/31/2014
loved this story
mkbrolis chapter 50 . 1/31/2014
Mina BR, you are so amazing... And what a beautiful way with words you have... Every your story is such pleasure to read. Thank you for beautiful journey.
debslmac chapter 49 . 1/30/2014
loving this
Aims27 chapter 49 . 1/30/2014
I am really enjoying this, I wish the chapters were longer and more to it, but it still keeps me interested. I hope that once he leaves they find each other again, even though its call an almost lover, reminds me of A Fine Frenzy "Almost Lover". Those are the one loves that you never forget about. Great job!