Reviews for The Only Road That I Have Ever Known
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Good story. :) I think I would have preferred this to Season 8's premiere. I'm sure half-if not most of the fandom-has rejected the notion that Sam did not look for Dean. It's just not Sam-like.
I think I would have liked to see the Alpha's house. You kept referring to 'room', but there was nothing more than a chair. I'd like to suggest using the setting to make the mood. A good writer will drag the reader into the world by the senses; what did the play smell like? Was it hot or stuff or chilly and breezy. Don't answer these, I'm just making suggestions for a future fanfic.
Thank you for posting the story. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
Great story. I loved Dean's reaction to Amelia in this and I loved the ending.

Dean's badgering of Sam over Purgatory was so frustrating. Dean spent a year doing two of the things he enjoys the most — torturing and killing. When Sam spent 180 YEARS enduring the most horrific torture in the cage, Dean spent his year golfing, barbecuing, going for a beer with the neighbor, working a day job, and playing house.

Anyway, this version was terrific.
Thanks for sharing it.
TG
Jeanny chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Really loved how you didn't fully abandon canon here. What a difference it made for Dean to find out about his brother's actions (or lack thereof) from an outsider who also shared Sam's mental and emotional state. Showdown with the Alpha Vamp is something I'm still waiting for, yours was fierce and Dean was made of awesome!
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Awww, Samtruly didn't know where Dean was, but the alpha vamp wouldn't accept that. He wanted revenge too badly. It's a wonder that Sam managed to hang in there so long, especially because he didn't know that Dean would be able to come rescue him like normal, because he didn't even know if Dean was still alive somewhere. That's what I call 'faith'. :) I'm happy Benny found Sam and let Dean know, and I'm happy Dean rescued Sam. That alpha vamp had better watch out, because as soon as Sam is able to, the brothers will go take him out.
judyann chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Loved it great story!
reannablue chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
So good...but I would love an epilogue written by you. I know it's being greedy but I really want it :).
Thanks so much for posting!
AliRose chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Awesome awesome! There's more to this story though! Please continue if you can! Would love to see vengeance on the alpha and of course Sammy's grueling recovery. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
I REALLY LOVED THIS AND REALLY NEEDED SOME BROTHERLY FEELS SO THANK YOU
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I loved this so much. Loved that Sam didn't break no matter what the alpha vamp put him through. Loved the Dean and Amelia interaction even though it kinda broke my heart. Actually it might be the first time I had genuine positive, if not really painful, "feels" for Amelia. And I loved that Dean found his equilibrium again by being Sam's big brother.
Really great. xo