Reviews for Harry Potter and the Other Champion
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 3/11
Remus and Sirius are braver (or more foolish) than usual, showing up at Hogwarts for Christmas ... even if it was to the RoR. I'm glad you had them come to see Harry, though. I've often wondered why Remus kind of disappeared again (in canon) in book 4. He wasn't wanted by the Ministry, and his presence in Hogsmeade would probably have been a great comfort to Harry.

Harry and Fleur are so cute together. If Fleur's papa has the same clout in your story as he does in others, perhaps he can offer asylum in France to Sirius and get him a trial with the ICW. We can only hope ...
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 3/11
I'm surprised Fleur doesn't like flying since, as a Veela, she has an avian form.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/11
The kids are definitely acting friendlier this time around. It makes the tournament seem less like a death trap when the mood is congenial. Of course, the tournament IS, quite literally, a death trap for Harry. I hope you allow Cedric to survive this time. I realize that his death in canon seems to herald the end of the brief respite that has existed since 1981. It also illustrates rather harshly that innocents are going to die if they cross the path of the DEs. Let's hope no innocents die this time.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/11
Every time I see this side of Ron, I wonder why Harry continues that friendship. Ron doesn't believe until he sees some kind of "proof," and then he offers a meaningless "Sorry about that" and expects his betrayal to be forgiven. That's not being a friend.

What annoys me almost as much as Ron's behavior is that Harry enables this behavior every time he accepts Ron's half-a**ed apologies. When Ron says he is sorry about something hurtful that he has said or done, Harry needs to ask Ron WHY, exactly, he is sorry. Make him put it into words. If Ron gets that question right, Harry then needs to ask him why it was wrong and why he said or did it. Until Ron is forced to think about WHY a particular comment or action is wrong and what prompted it, he will never change. JM2K, of course.

As far as I'm concerned, Ron is a lot like Malfoy - although both would no doubt curse me if they heard me make such a wild statement. Consider it, though. Both are deeply jealous of Harry, even though both have families if their own. Granted, Draco's parents are bigoted purebloods and his father, at least, is an evil Death Eater. (Is Narcissa marked? I'm so contaminated by fanfic, I can't remember.) As corrupt and dangerous as they are, he HAS parents who appear to love him. The Weasleys (in canon, at least) may be poor financially, but they are rich in the love they have for their family, and they would do anything for their kids. Harry could have a gazillion Galleons, but he'll never have his parents back, and he knows which is most important. Again, these are just my feelings.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/11
Your Harry is certainly more light-hearted and care-free - thus far, anyway - and he seems to interact with his housemates on a more frequent and personal basis than in canon. There seem to be actual friendships rather than simple acquaintances based on playing quidditch together. I wonder how long that will last.
Phillies2 chapter 20 . 2/15
IDK why someone would be peeling onions near my room, but whatever the reason they/this really got to me
Phillies2 chapter 16 . 2/15
I can't be the only one thinking Mr Lovegood was the one asking Cedric if he hates cats, right?
Phillies2 chapter 4 . 2/15
Yes Lee Jordan with the Gryffindor love, not biased at all
Hoque007 chapter 26 . 1/31
One of the best stories ever. Finally got a fanfic with harry/fleur perfect ending.
Erikbrohen chapter 26 . 1/13
holy shit! I loved this story! I wont go into detail cuz im shit at that.. but nevertheless, one of the best fanfics ive ever read!
daithi4377 chapter 26 . 1/6
Awww what an ending! I like the fact that the whole story pretty much centres on the relationship of Harry and Fleur with just a few offshoots of the usual Harry happenings and Voldemort...you actually portray Harry as somewhat normal but with a heros shine to him...I loved it! Totally brilliant...you even sorta made Dumbledore and Ron into decent blokes which is a great deal harder than normalizing Harry I would think lol.
daithi4377 chapter 25 . 1/6
Wow who knew dreamy, Luna is actually helping Ron grow up! Just think if Harry achieved everything up to this point so well with people constantly after him to kill him just think what he will be able to do with no distractions...though Malfoy will still be a problem!
daithi4377 chapter 24 . 1/6
Wow let's hope the headhunters were out in full force fir that game. The youngest seeker of the century beating out the top Seeker...
daithi4377 chapter 23 . 1/6
Only Harry would look at coming back from the dead and finding out that he never has to go back to the Dursleys and all he thinks about us keeping his promise to his parents to take care of Remus and Sirius. Does he think if the fact that he will now be able to live in a house full if live, no more abuse, food all year around and well fitting close...no all he thinks of us keeping a promise to his parents to take care of his guardians...us to it supposed to be the other way around?
daithi4377 chapter 22 . 1/6
Only Harry would give out heart attacks walking into a room minutes after being announced dead lol. Hopefully Dumbledore and Minerva have strong hearts lol.