Reviews for In The Darkest Hour, There Stands An Angel
iluvaqt chapter 4 . 11/6/2003
Wow, she's pregnant? Four months too. When did that happen. Now wonder she was so touchy about Logan getting a secretary...

Nice ending for Alec and Angel. The rescue was fast and violent. I've never seen Max as the type that would kill anymore. She strives to go against everything Manticore created her to be. She was the one that stopped Zack from killing Lydecker (Cold Comfort). A nitpick - Where’s Angel?” Logan should ask, "What happened?" Because he and Max see White kidnapping Angel.

Overall, it was an interesting twist to The Conclave's agenda offing White. And also, you did provide a little background into Angel, which helped with my Tinga query earlier. Nice first effort in DA verse.
iluvaqt chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
When a guy's superficial, I make him work darn hard to deserve my affection. It'd be so hard to fight someone like Alec when he turned on the charm though... and roses. *swoons* I have yet to meet a girl that doesn't love them.

"but don’t think your profession of love is going to make me be nice to Lydecker.." I thought this was very Max. Another confusing which I'm only now realizing is that this has to be AU. In which case, there need be no explanation why Angel's Tinga's daughter, how and when that happened. Or that Max and Logan can kiss and touch. LOL. And the way Logan proposed...found it very not-Logan like (he's a very thoughtful, sentimental and deep character). But anyway, I like the where the story's headed... romance in the air and intrigue... White's in the picture.
iluvaqt chapter 2 . 11/6/2003
Wow, now that's the most awkward meeting I've ever witnessed. I like Angel's cover, really was a huge transformation. Something that confused me though was that Tinga never had Progeria, and she had a son Case, who was genetically perfect. I like the interaction between Angel and Logan. It's nice for him to have someone he can be comfortable and joke around with, other than Max. Who in this fic seems really uptight and bossy. More so than usual. ;p
iluvaqt chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
I'm hoping Angel turns out to be a good character because at the moment she seems very suspicious. She's jumpy, nervous and too eager to be accepted into Max and Logan's circle of friends. Nobody'd go out with the boss on their first day... unless they had an ulterior motive... hrm, now you got me thinking. Another thing, after the Pilot in which Max accessed Logan's computer no problem he must have put a lock on it. Because in Out, Max needs the passwords from Bling to access Logan's files.
LonelyGurl chapter 4 . 10/22/2002
This is a good story, it's too bad you rushed the ending. And you slighted Max and Logan. After all, they are the stars of the show and deserve more attention.

Keep up your writing. It's good
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 4 . 10/22/2002
GREAT FIC! tho one thing confused me was tings maxs sister tinga?

GREAT!

Zaz chapter 4 . 10/21/2002
Nice one, I liked it..
DramaGal chapter 4 . 10/21/2002
I just wanted to say thank you so much for writing a little interesting fic.

Thank you so much for giving Alec his own girl. He said in Love Among the Runes that he didn't want someone else's girl. Geez, he deserves better.

Give us some more Max and Logan and Alec and a cutie pie.
X5 - 452 chapter 2 . 10/10/2002
The thing is Ami Lee, i was trying to make Angel all Mary Sue like (whatever that is). She was meant to be a perfect creation. Perfect as everything, even too perfect. thats because she is just acting, in reality she's not perfect. but thanks for the review!
LilSweetie chapter 2 . 10/10/2002
This looks like it will be a good story. I'll have to wait for a couple more chapters, but it looks like the only good story for several days.

A little gem in the cat litter box of M/A fics.

Thanks. I think.
Amy Lee chapter 2 . 10/10/2002
Wow, you've got quite the Mary Sue there. Are you taking anything for it? I'd recommend a strong edit combined with a little realism. Now seriously, your character Angel is salvageable. It will just take a bit of work. You might also want to see how she performs on a Mary Sue Litmus Test to gain a good idea of *not* to do. In brief, the whole ‘daughter of an existing character’ has been done to death. So have the super-enhanced powers. Making her a great fighter and better computer whiz than Logan is classic Mary Sue behavior. Don’t make her so perfect. Give her faults and maybe edit out the prowess she’s already shown. Let the reader get into her head. Don’t rely so heavily on dialogue and give us some insight into what’s going on. I hope you’ll consider what I’ve said. I hate to see a writer bogged down by Mary Sueness.
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 2 . 10/10/2002
OMG! THIS FIC ROCKS! but i would have thought that Max would be a bit reluctant to have tea with Lydecker! deck bein Angels dad threw me, but its so good. alec and Angel!

when is this set coz Angels 18 and Lydecker had the car crash when Max was 22? and Tinga never had a daughter in DA (only if you made up her being Tingas daughter) so it'd be great if you emailed me or explained it in your next chapter.

POST MORE ASAP!

Zaz chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
This is really nice.. I'd love to see the continuation of this up real soon.

Oh, and you'd probably get more reviews if you turn off the 'don't accept anonymous reviews' option..
b l a c k r o s e 9 chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
and whose loud voices are they? POST MORE! Think Angel'll be a cool character!