Reviews for Only One Me
whitejm99 chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
Loved this fanfiction is was amazing! there isn't nearly enough of this pairing out there either, I was super happy to have found this and am glad that I read it!
sagaeharuki chapter 9 . 8/4/2016
this is like a two years late but somehow i just stumbled on this and spent my evening finishing it. fantastic. ahhh i haven't seen a good anna fit in forever, much less a nice gaius x anna fic. this was so good, the slight sad melancholy feel was great. and chapter two was great when she got shot, I'm a sucker for that stuff. good job. great job. thanks for filling my evening :)
vetty123 chapter 9 . 4/21/2016
Great story. I salute your dedication in actually finishing this. I really hated the fact that Anna could only be S-ranked with Robin (or whatever you named your MC), and reading this was cathartic in so many ways. Thanks for writing this.
threerainydays chapter 9 . 10/19/2014
I just spent the past hour reading this story. I regret nothing. There are so many things I loved about this story, and you, dear author, deserve one big congratulations for writing this. (audience cheers and claps in the background while fireworks explode in the sky)

Your characterizations of Anna and Gaius were spot-on and completely in character. I love your exploration of Anna and how there are multiple Annas. I really felt sad that she felt like just one of a million others, not unique and utterly alone. I'm so serious when I say that I almost cried at the end of chapter 6 when Gaius drew the ring design that said, "There's only one you." That line just shot me through the heart in the most perfect way possible. Wow. That was gold, right there.

Your version of Gaius was honestly one of the best if not THE BEST interpretation I've seen on . You captured everything about him, both the good and the bad, that make us love him so much. His speech pattern, his flirtatiousness, his jack-of-all-trades skillfulness, his honesty, and of course, his delightful candy addiction.

The romance was wonderful. I started reading this story as a non-Gaius/Anna shipper and finished as a convert. I think the best writers are capable of convincing others to hop on board their ships (strange or otherwise underappreciated), and you have most definitely convinced me of their compatability. Their developing feelings for each other was slow and gradual and not at all rushed, which I really appreciated. All too often in other stories, characters just suddenly fall in love without any build-up whatsoever and it ends up feeling really forced and unnatural. But you made it a natural progression that was just right.

And then there was the overall tone, which was so good. There was a sort of sad melancholy, a sort of lonely resignation, and also the feeling of not having a future, all of which I think capture the feelings of the characters in-game, as well as the feelings people have in real life. Not at all overdone, but just right to feel truly genuine. The emotion was well-written and I really got into it (I was so into it I didn't even notice an hour passed while I was reading nonstop).

...That only scratches the surface of my feelings about this story, but just know that this was fantastic. It definitely deserves more recognition despite the obscure pairing, and I think if people gave it a chance they would end up like me, loving the Anna/Gaius shipping. Anyway, this was super enjoyable to read and I'm sad that the adventure is over, but I'll definitely come back to reread this in the future. Great job, keep writing!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/25/2014
I got the reference to Jake as soon as you mentioned him. I'm the idiot who dragged my worthless balista riding namesake all the way over to Anna's house, just to tell him to stay safe. And then I never used him again. Gooooooood times. I do really love the story though.
Illusore chapter 9 . 9/4/2014
I'm not sure what you should write about but you should definitely write more. I definitely agree that the world needs more Anna x Gaius fics! I love that pairing!
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 9 . 5/14/2014
More Anna and Gaius fics? Yes, and in progress too

Haha, it was a light hearted ending and I loved it!

Anna's from the DLC were the best part of them!

Yay! I get a shoutout!

Excellent fic, I hope you write more Anna and Gaius! :D
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 8 . 5/14/2014
Damn, that last line og Gaius' :D Made me laugh!

"Ooohh, look at that! It's so gorgeous! So. Many. Carats!"
At first I thought you were talking about the things rabbits eat.

Best chapter of them all!
Light1172 chapter 9 . 5/14/2014
Ahhh noooooo its ended! I love this story so much and now its ended and I'm sad... Anyway, that was great, the Inigo and Anna bit, with him having future Anna's ring, I loved that. And Gaius being all upset with Anna and Inigo over it.. Yeah, you did good.
TheMysteriousGeek2345 chapter 9 . 5/14/2014
I like this, sequel please?
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 7 . 5/7/2014
That reason you gave for why Gaius loves candy is a good reason. I may have to steal it. (Haha, geddit? I said STEAL!)

Your Anna theory makes sense, and I rather like it compared to the other vague ones I've heard!

Glad the last chapter's almost done! You're leaving me depressed here! :(
Light1172 chapter 7 . 5/5/2014
Omg that was sad... I love this couple so much and you broke my heart with that ending...
SEESWildCard chapter 6 . 3/19/2014
Thank you for the new ship, and this great fic.
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 6 . 3/18/2014
Poor Kellam

You're not the only one who wanted them to interract! I was quite disapointed at the lack of Anna supports :(

D'awwww, how cute. Gaius knows Anna better than he thinks!

Still hoping you make up a child for them

How many more chapters do you plan for this wonderful fic?
drunkdragon chapter 6 . 3/18/2014
Oh, you troll so hard. That line had me thinking that it was Gaius or Anna saying it and I was hyped until I read it was Lon'qu. Still, enjoyable as always.