Reviews for The Return
Loreadana chapter 28 . 8/1
Spectacular story, amazing read!
You know what's playing when they danced? Buwan by Juan Karlos Labajo.
Firegirl19 chapter 28 . 7/12
Nooooo cliffhanger I just finished reading all the chapters to your story and I must say you had me immersed. I really love the idea of spirits other than the devil in tekken. I hope you come back soon I must know what happens at the end.
A Forgotten Place chapter 28 . 7/3
What if the wolf spirit refuses to give Jun's body back
Tifanny91 chapter 28 . 6/27
I'll be honest, I'm really divided on the situation. I know it's not right. Deep down, Kazuya knows it too. But in times of desperation, one's reason is thrown out the window. I want Jun and Kazuya to be reunited, although she'll probably never be able to live with herself knowing someone else had to be sacrificed for her to be brought back to life. I also think poor Kuni doesn't deserve such a tragic fate. But ultimately, one of them will have to die. I don't want any of them to die! Gaaahhhh this is so unfair!SobsIf you decide to sacrifice Kuni, I need you to write "The Rebirth", the sequel you had previously given up on. You can't just end this story like that! It's too complicated! Plus, I'd like to see where the situation with the rest of the clan goes moving forward. I think Kazuya will have to work a little harder to get his happy ending. Well, those are my wishes :D

So, I'm finally here. After this long, emotional and thrilling journey, I've caught up with the story at last. What an adventure! I can't thank you enough for sharing "The Return" with us. I know I've said it before, but I'm truly convinced that this is one of the best Tekken fanfic I've come across so far. To think it's not done yet! I look forward to the remaining chapters. I don't care how long I have to wait, I know it's gonna be worthwhile. Congrats on graduating and good luck in your new life.
Tifanny91 chapter 27 . 6/26
I absolutely love the setup! I love Miyo altho I'll probably never see her again. I love how she perceives Kazuya, evil yet still savable. May her blessing serve him well when the time comes!
Tifanny91 chapter 26 . 6/26
This chapter is so beautiful. It brings a sense of sadness and hope at the same time. I'm once again at a loss for words, honestly. I myself have been and am still battling with the fear of building friendship. I'm very demanding, too demanding, in fact. I keep telling myself to not think and let things happen. But it's hard. Somehow, though, like Lee, I was able to find this calmness and surrender to it. I guess we all go through it at some point.

I'm happy that Lee and Anna were finally able to clear things up and make peace with each other. I think that they have Kazuya to thank for this. If it wasn't for them questioning their relationship with and opinion about him, they wouldn't have reached this conclusion. All hope is not lost. Kazuya doesn't realize how lucky he is. Despite his execrable temperament, there are actually people genuinely caring for him. Of course they're scared of and intimidated by him. But deep down, they care so, so much. I'm sad. He doesn't have to live in misery and loneliness all his life. If only...
Tifanny91 chapter 25 . 6/26
Phew! After five whole ass hours, I'm finally done reading this chapter! Yup, that's right, five long hours during which I had to read at a turtle speed. Thank goodness I did that because the structure was a bit confusing at first. But I think I get it now.

Ever since Jun's return, Kazuya's world was put upside down. For years, he's been living in the illusion that power is everything he's ever wanted. But she challenged this notion and suddenly his world is shattering piece by piece and Kazuya doesn't want to accept it. Doubts and uncertainties trouble him to the point of making him question his identity. He doesn't want things to change. Each person, each thing around him, is a reflection of his identity and he doesn't want to lose it. Looking at the truth would mean looking into the void. Who is not afraid of the void, right? How fascinating! Kazuya is having an existential crisis. It's relatable because it's human. I've been there, you've been there, everybody goes through it at some point. The question is whether Kazuya is willing to accept it before it's too late.

PS: The fight section was awesome! Damn! Imagine it in an anime! That would be epic! I've always thought that Tekken should get an anime adaptation. A dark seinen anime of course. A story like this is not for kids :P
Tifanny91 chapter 24 . 6/26
You could've titled this chapter "Solitude", that would've been as fitting as "Composure" if not more :D

Anyway, I've become pretty neutral towards Anna at this point. But I know that as soon as she puts on that superficial, obnoxious facade again, my dislike will flare up. She does make some interesting observations tho. She's actually one of the few people who can read through Kazuya's external walls. Quite impressive! And I'm honestly surprised that she didn't reveal the secret of Jun's presence at the gala. Guess you've earned some good point, doll! Oh, and I do feel bad for her getting rejected by Kunimitsu. Well, almost. Sorry but she deserved it somehow. When the only thing you want from people is sex, you can't blame them for doubting your honesty.
Tifanny91 chapter 23 . 6/25
You know what they say: the truth comes from drunkards. Well, we've reached a turning point for Reike and Kunimitsu. I'm curious to see what happens during the mission.
Tifanny91 chapter 22 . 6/25
I thought I was done crying but apparently not...

I absolutely love how you began and ended this chapter. Using light coming from below and then coming from above as an analogy to Kazuya discovering the truth and looking at the world and himself in a new way is both poetic and powerful. Those revelations, even though painful, were necessary for him to grow. Now, perhaps, he doesn't hate Jin anymore. He has a new purpose for hunting down the wolf. He knows who his real enemy is. But, like Jun, I dread the confrontation. One thing is for sure, he doesn't hate her. If anything, he loves her more than ever. By exposing her weaknesses and imperfection, she showed him true strength. Hopefully his love for her and new found determination will be enough.

Also, where's Jin? You said he'd be part of the story. I want him and Kazuya to unite to defeat devil once and for all. They need each other.
Tifanny91 chapter 21 . 6/25
Avalanche Indeed! You know, I rarely cry over a story. But this chapter broke me and brought me back to life at the same time. It's hard to explain. My emotions are as confusing and chaotic as those of Jun and Kazuya. To give you a feedback on character development, however, I think you're doing a great job. They're complex and multidimensional. You clearly demonstrate that nothing is definitely black or white, that there's this grey area in everything and everyone. So Jun, the embodiment of good and purity, feeling hatred and rage is not farfetched. Nor is Kazuya being filled with guilt and regrets. Making mistakes and recognizing them and trying to amend them are what define humanity. To conclude, I agree with your choice of depicting devil as a conscious spirit. It's more powerful and makes way more sense than a so-called gene.
Tifanny91 chapter 20 . 6/24
This chapter is frustrating! They are frustrating! So close yet so far! They were on the brink of destruction once again. How much more will it take before things go in the right direction?

Well... I don't know what Jun is hiding and why, but it's frustrating. At this point, I'm not sure it's the right decision. She thinks she's protecting Kazuya by not telling him the truth. But I think he needs to know. He must face whatever it is in order to break free. Like Jun herself says, he's stronger than that. With her support, he can defeat obstacles no matter how hard they seem. Ugh! I'm frustrated!
Tifanny91 chapter 19 . 6/24
Review 2/2

Operation Wolf Catcher, huh? At freaking Yakushima too no less! No matter what BS Kazuya tells himself he knows it's all a lie, like everything else. Now it's Jun's turn to defy him. Let's see how he reacts.

I feel anxious for both Kunimitsu and Reike. This mission is the biggest and most dangerous of their life. Will they pass the test and come back alive?
Tifanny91 chapter 19 . 6/24
Review 1/2

Change is coming. Fast. And it'll sweep everyone and everything away. Kazuya knows it deep down. First Lee, then Anna. Who's next? Kunimitsu? Reike? Jane? Himself? He'll have to face the truth sooner or later. The sooner the better, though.