Reviews for Playmate
StonerMcWeedPot chapter 1 . 8/13
I don’t really understand the ending. Did they both die or did the bond just shatter? Maybe I wasn’t reading carefully enough.
WithinTheMadness chapter 1 . 8/7
That hurts
Holy fucking shit that hurts.
I'm pretty sure a sledgehammer to the chest would've felt better.
dmt chapter 1 . 7/18
damn cold
Dzarsos chapter 1 . 7/19
I make a conscious effort to avoid stories labelled "tragedy", but I like fanon Gabrielle/Harry stories, so I thought I'd give this a go anyway... I'm not upset that I did, but wow... you really packed a punch with that one.
dude356 chapter 1 . 7/16
Well that was a depressing, albeit fairly realistic twist on how Harry's reaction to veela bonds are typically depicted. As depressing as it was, it was well written and I can't say that I necessarily fault Harry for his reaction to being bonded that way. At least when he's forcibly bonded to a veela in other fics, it's not done on a whim by the veela in question who doesn't even know she's initiating it, it's done by magic itself and is usually initiated by something Harry himself does to save said veela's life. He'd be too busy feeling guilty for forcing a bond on someone he doesn't know to think about what it would mean for him. It would also typically mean no more Dursleys, which is something he'd typically want anyway. The fact that he was the only one forced into this bond, the fact that his age was magically reverted to match Gabrielle's instead of the other way around and the fact that he's essentially being isolated (again) from everyone and everything he cares about almost immediately after the bond is initiated would be enough for him to resent both the bond and the people he feels are responsible for it, even though the bond itself was created unintentionally. The fact that he rejected and resented the bond, in other fics, would have meant the quickly deteriorating health/magic of the veela he was bonded to. I know it worked differently in this fic, but I can't imagine how he was able to spend a decade in misery with the reason for that misery literally following him around everywhere for that long. He may have ultimately forgiven her for initiating the bond and apologized to her for giving up on life rather than accepting the bond likely knowing what that would mean for her, but I imagine that they both reached the point where death was preferable to the existence they were living and she figured she had no right to beg him to continue that existence when it was she who initiated it, whether she meant to or not.

It's funny... if the Delacours hadn't been so insistent on taking Harry to France and away from everything and everyone he cared about, he might not have been so resistant to the bond itself. He still might not have been happy with the fact that he couldn't choose his own romantic partner for the rest of his life, but at least he wouldn't have felt isolated and might have been less resentful. Then again, his classmates and wizarding society in Britain were so fickle when it came to him that he might have been mercilessly hounded not only for being in a lifelong relationship with a little kid, regardless of the fact that he didn't choose it, but for having been magically reverted into his little kid body as well.

On the subject of the Dursleys, my only real nitpick is that it says Harry would have been rid of the Dursleys in a few months from when Hermione arrived to talk to him, but if this takes place during his 4th year, Harry would have had, I think, three more summers of putting up with them, not a few months. That is, of course, unless he somehow figured out that he would be emancipated by his participation in the tournament or he had found a way to get Sirius exonerated.

Anyway... nicely written story even if it was quite possibly the most depressing story I've read on here.
dragonfighter11 chapter 1 . 6/21
wow thats fucked
Traveler301 chapter 1 . 6/14
That has to be one of saddest stories I've ever read. The one that was sadder was "The Refiners Fire" by Abraxan. Both are good stories. Both very sad.
Thanks for your writing it,
Ron Pate
Traveler301
teenytinytwilighter chapter 1 . 5/16
I read many of the hatefull reviews for this story but I dont see where they are coming from, I think it was realistically done, I felt awful for Harry having lost his freedom not suprised that he could never come to love the girl who ripped him away from everything he loved Hogwarts, his friends, Sirius. I understand the Delacours were not to blame and Gabrielle was a child but she did have her family, home and country with her and I cant help but hate them a little
Old Herobrine chapter 1 . 5/13
Yo, my heart lept out of my chest and ran away crying. Go write something that'll calm it down.

Ow my heart.

Short and sweet and oh, so tragic. Ow.
Rainbow Prime chapter 1 . 5/2
Uh oh. This isn't good...Actually, come to think of it, Gabrielle is right on all accounts. Harry's honor won't allow him to do anything of a sexual nature with Gabrielle at such a young age, and, because of his honorable/decent/being a good human being/being a good entity in general (I mean, it's one thing if the kid knows what sex is [i.e. having a college grade reading level at the age of 7 or something {like not being entirely human/being a half-demon/half-anything that would mature that quickly, but it's another entirely to be mistaken and think that this thing that you've heard about that, unbeknownst to you is usually used to get someone a life partner is going to get you a new friend to play with], and so he won't be able to do anything sexual with her. Unless, of course, the bond FORCES him to.
Then, he's screwed, and everything's terrible forever.
avidreaderomega chapter 1 . 4/27
I honestly loathed your Harry in this story.
avidreaderomega chapter 1 . 4/27
Jeesh, this is a rather f upped story. It was overly tragic. I feel like it all lies with Harry though as I know that an 8 year old girl could not possible understand the implications of forcibly bonding someone. It was the choice of the 14 year old d Harry to be totally miserable for both of them and not embrace the circumstance.
inucrossoverlover chapter 1 . 4/10
The angst! The pain! I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I did! I love it!
Rebmul chapter 1 . 3/18
I regret reading that that was dark as fuck
fanreader18 chapter 1 . 3/7