Reviews for Playmate
Stanislaus chapter 1 . 7/28
Yo! This has to be one of the best HP one shots in the whole damn world. It was so tragic and yet so satisfying in it's conclusion. this is amazing
Really nice to see a story in which Harry actually has balls.
3tim chapter 1 . 7/8
What an idiot. Seriously choosing death over giving the relationship a chance once she matured a little.
...
I feel like you took a running start and kicked my nuts out through my throat.
Fellbane chapter 1 . 6/13
That was pure evil. Worth a read though if you enjoy emotional self-torture
iChaos chapter 1 . 4/21
That was a well written story. Very moving.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 1 . 2/17
This was extremely well written, and I'm glad that I had the chance to read it! I've come across many stories where the bombs just happened to work out and I've come across a ton of stories where they find a way to break the bond, I've even come across a ton of stories where someone (usually Harry) manages to twist the bond in their favor. Yet, I haven't read any stories that had a bonding that really turned out like this. At least not in such a long time that I even remember them.

Again, well done!
Sebine chapter 1 . 1/2
jeeze
that wasn't any fun
Aredianx chapter 1 . 12/16/2021
Holy shit, this was dark. I was actually pleased to note that Harry was not taking any shit, but i thought he would be able to get himself free from the bond. I did NOT expect this at all. Kudos.
thobeobo chapter 1 . 11/15/2021
A very impressive story. I really, really loved the ending, and I definitely think that this is the most plausible way for a "Veela bond" story to play out.

I respect you immensely for having the guts to follow through on the tragic nature of the story. Very well done!
Lord Gamma chapter 1 . 10/8/2021
Stunningly well written! I love this, and you should be very proud to have made it.
Anna chapter 1 . 8/27/2021
I think its bittersweet. Shame though, that after a decade they gave up. They should've stayed as close friends forever. I mean, happiness is better than killing oneself because there will be no love...
Morantz chapter 1 . 8/19/2021
Touching end. Overall a bit dark for me though.
Thanks for sharing with us!
DeletedAccount123tregsfdxcghhc chapter 1 . 7/28/2021
I really don't get why the reviews are so negative. Yeah Harry and the rest are all a bit out of character, but who cares? The very premise of a veela bond is entirely fanon, and that itself isn't a bad thing; so taking a few liberties in characterization doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me.

The story was simple, but I think that was its strength. I feel like it would've been better if the love required for a Veela bond was explicitly romantic, since that would've made a lot of Harry's reactions far more reasonable to the readers. I can see many people coming to accept learning to love a child as a sister (when they themselves were teenagers), but if I got told that I had to fall in love (of the romantic sort) with an eight year old or live the rest of my life within roughly thirteen meters of her, I'd probably be just as spiteful, conflicted and embittered as Harry was to begin with. I think if that had been given a bit more emphasis people wouldn't have had such mixed feelings. No-one wants to be a pedophile unless they were already pedophiles from the get-go.

I do think that the end could've been better. I would've liked to have seen bits of how Harry and Gabrielle's dynamic would've developed before we got to the epilogue. I think it would've provided a bit of ambiguity, and given us a chance to see what could've been. The contrast could've made the ending hit harder. Overall though, I enjoyed it.
BlaszczeM chapter 1 . 7/7/2021
Well-written, but nonsense. He didn't behave like Harry, not really.