Reviews for Playmate
BlaszczeM chapter 1 . 7/7
Well-written, but nonsense. He didn't behave like Harry, not really.
K1lluaa chapter 1 . 7/3
just feels melodramatic.
Tanya von Degurechaff chapter 1 . 4/29
kinda ooc. harry saving people thing would make him accept gabrielle just to save her
Eleets1125 chapter 1 . 3/31
Um... just no. Even I have more faith in humanity than this. Sure I can agree to the initial anger but here's the thing Harry's character is selfless in the books he literally sacrifices himself for strangers. I do not believe for a single second that he would not feel the pain from Gabriel and do his best to make her smile and that would eventually lead to trust and probably love. Plus the fact that his brain has been reverted to the age of eight and I very seriously doubt he would have even been able to hold onto his anger for more than a couple months...
Urgazhi chapter 1 . 3/22
Wow, not sure what I expected... It was well written.
Otagema chapter 1 . 3/16
Ah shit, this is evil; the comments were right. But it was so good at the same time, I can't make up my mind shei├če
setokayba2n chapter 1 . 3/5
This could be a little better if it was a little more happy go story, with Harry getting a second chance of childhood, going around with a adult mind in a child body and a somewhat guardian of Gabrielle who don't really understand the bond but like Harry and Harry becoming the little bodyguard
Axccel chapter 1 . 2/22
A well-written fic written by someone who doesn't know what love is. Love is devotion. Love is compassion. Their devotion to each other IS love. Their compassion towards each other IS love. Love is not some sort of emotion or state of being that exists on its own. I didn't see two people who couldn't grow to love each other. I saw two people who deeply loved each other and faced death side by side out of love for each other and a writer who doesn't understand what love is.

Basically, you tried to write this as a tragic end to them, but you ended up writing them fulfilling the requirements of the bond but dying anyway for no reason at all and treating that as tragic. That's not tragic, it's dumb because it violates the story's own basis.

Also, forty feet is a pretty sizeable distance. Not sure why he has a problem with it. Sure, I can understand being bothered about having a stranger that close until you at least become friends, but being bothered at someone being that maximum distance from you at all is pretty weird.
ajd74.calvin chapter 1 . 2/8
It is really good. I hate it.
Sinister-Slytherin chapter 1 . 1/11
I feel like this story was angsty for angst sake, like adapt to the situation man your own pigheadedness is only going to make you both miserable
lucasg234 chapter 1 . 1/11
Really good story. I find this much more realistic than most Veela bonding story I have read. Nonconsensual soul bondings always rubbed me the wrong way.
Abyssal Angel chapter 1 . 1/4
I think I would have liked this story, either way it went. That it ended in a tragedy rather than a romance is understandable, as would the other way around have been as well. My heart feels heavy, but I enjoyed this story nonetheless. Unsurprising, as I've been through three of your stories now and have found myself enjoying each of them. I intend to keep looking through your written list and if that streak holds up, I intend to add you to my favorite author list. (assuming I haven't done so already.)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2020
I expected a happy story, not one that makes me cry. It is beautifully written, but i hate the ending. However, I realised it would happen this way. Doesn't mean i like it. Sorry.
Pemberton chapter 1 . 10/23/2020
Really really good! While I wager you are long done with this story, I commend you on a tale well told. Most of the stories in this site are adventures or comedic or even angst. Your short but sweet tragedy is one of the best I have read in a very long time. Good writing, well paved and appropriately poignant.
flyster chapter 1 . 10/16/2020
I kinda loved and hated it at the same time.