Reviews for Fool's Gold
Pol chapter 1 . 6/26
Dannnnng. Awesome tale.
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 1 . 1/13
Thank you for defending Denethor! You did a great job with him. I really liked this story.
sian22 chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
I really really enjoyed your portryal of Denethor here. thanks so much for this
IstariWho chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Nice story! It actually makes me feel sorry for Denethor, which not many stories have.
Hannon-le!
aitchtee chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
A very interesting portrayal of Denethor. There aren't nearly enough of these.
Quiet Hiker chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
That was interesting! I liked how you showed Denethor as a deeper character with reasons for behaving as he did (in Lord of the Rings itself as well). Aragorn was perfect and in my mind you captured his constant transition between roles of various ranks very well.

The story did feel a bit unfinished- I thought the ending was a bit abrupt. Nevertheless, you captured the characters really well. Great story!
BrightWatcher chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
An intriguing look at Denethor and Ecthelion... It's nice to get a glimpse of their character before the war of the ring...

Good luck with your writer's muse!
Eildon Rhymer chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I like this a lot, and voted for it. It's interesting to see "Thorongil" right at the beginning of his ascendancy, and you treat Denenthor with respect. It's easy to paint Denethor as a villain, but of course he's not like that at all. I really felt for him in this story, and think you depicted him excellently. That last line is wonderful!