Reviews for Home Again
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 2/20
Well - that was amazing. Simply - it didn't really need much aside from "home". The fact that the simply progressed as written into a state of calmness, of normalcy, of COMFORT - really brought the idea that he was finally home - well - home - for me as a reader at least. :) This was a terrific read, and thank you for sharing it. It's everything that I hope had happened after that finale.
Demetra83 chapter 1 . 2/20
It was a nice way to end the episode ;)
Thanks for writing !
NightingaleTear chapter 1 . 2/7
I must have watched that final scene a gazillion times as well and this one-shot is the perfect addition to it that totally should have been on the show :D I loved the stuff about the movies (you captured Rusty's thoughts perfectly) and this last bit, especially the last two sentences melted my heart. Thank you for making the wait until June a little more bearable :)
Raydor Fan chapter 1 . 1/20
I was wrong, I read all your work the other day but couldn't get signed in and I don't like to leave anonymous reviews. I love this!
Megan429 chapter 1 . 1/17
Oh my gosh! After reading this, I'm feeling some kind of good. I absolutely loved this story! I too, watched the last scene multiple times. While I knew Sharon would NEVER reject Rusty, I understood why he was afraid. This poor kid has been abandoned and rejected by the two people who should have loved him unconditionally.

Even though he's had a challenging life, Sharon continually treats him like the teenager that he is. "Did you hang up your suit?" OMG, that is such a mom thing to do! Rusty finally has a place to call home with a mom who loves him dearly.

Great story! I hope you'll write another one )
hollywood13 chapter 1 . 1/17
This was so in character and a perfect continuation of the end of the episode. I wish it would continue!
Isolith chapter 1 . 1/17
Have I told you how much I love it when you write all these wonderful Rusty and Sharon moments? Because I do! This was wonderful to read, so much emotion in it and it seemed very realistic to me too. )
murphycat chapter 1 . 1/16
Yes, I am looking forward to that moment. I like this story because it doesn't give a fairy tale ending to a horrible childhood which happens to more children than we could ever comprehend. There are many "Sharons" in the world who never get the credit they deserve and many young people who need them. I have always found it amazing how poor judges of character most people are. They look only at the outside and don't see the beauty and compassion that most tightly controlled people are hiding to protect their sensitive hearts. I enjoyed the realism and the safety that you made sure that Rusty had before you closed the chapter. I hope you write more.
CreoleGurl chapter 1 . 1/16
Another great story! Thanks for sharing.
Nevada11 chapter 1 . 1/16
Lovely way for that day to end. Very realistic.
This was so perfect. I especially loved the part where Rusty realized Sharon had to look up towards him but he had always thought of her as taller. And that last line was so perfect as well!
Mistmantle chapter 1 . 1/16
How much adorableness? SO MANYYYYYY. This was lovely (:
This is beautiful. Really, really beautiful. Thank you.
Force Unbroken chapter 1 . 1/16
Ohh, my God, I am having all the feelings right now.

Beautiful. I'm completely and totally in love with this, just everything about it. God, that opening broke my heart, but THANK YOU FOR LETTING THEM HUG/CRY IT OUT BECAUSE THEY NEEDED IT. And so did I. I love the moment where Rusty notices that Sharon's looking up at him; our little man is growing up! *sniffles*

Sharon telling him to go hang his suit back up was fantastic. She is *so* his mother. And she got him pizza even though she probably doesn't like it much and he didn't ask, aww! The last few paragraphs got me too; I love how Rusty's mental process takes him back to his mother even as he realizes that someday he's going to think of a word besides "guardian" to describe Sharon. It's so beautiful!

And then SHARON SUGGESTED THEY WATCH STAR WARS OH MY GOD. Like you don't even UNDERSTAND how happy that makes me, because Star Wars was my gateway fandom and I've been in love with the Original Trilogy for the past thirteen years, and Leia was my idol/role model growing up (that song is pretty great too, by the way), and given that my name is Leah and my brother's name is Luke... Yeah. You just made my entire week. My life is now complete. Everybody can go home now. :D

Fantastic, beautiful, wonderful job! *sighs* I don't know what I'm going to do for six months without new episodes and/or your post-eps... You better finish When It Rains and anything else your brilliant brain can come up with, woman! I neeeeeed them in my life! *grins*
adama-roslinlove chapter 1 . 1/16
I didn't realize I was crying until tears were falling down my cheeks. I absolutely loved this! Thanks for writing this!