Reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion: That Which Could (not) Happen
JenkoRun chapter 19 . 10/10/2020
Loved this, in fact I prefer your story to the original NGE, it ends on a sweeter note without losing the feel of what makes EVA, well, EVA. I'll be coming here for pointers when writing my own works on what can be considered realistic for these characters.
SoryuIkari chapter 19 . 8/18/2020
Thank you thank you thank you for this beautiful story! ️
I hope you get to finish the sequel pretty pleeeeeeeeeeaase
Brool Story Co chapter 19 . 6/8/2020
I LIKE IT!
howahotgluegun chapter 8 . 3/2/2020
Nvm forget my earlier review sorry
howahotgluegun chapter 7 . 3/2/2020
damn I didn’t finish this chapter but I just gotta say that Shinji blowing off Rei caught my eye (not an author problem I’m just noting character) maybe this is irrational but he’s just all “forget it”
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 19 . 9/3/2019
Aw! Very nice, short and to the point. Thanks for writing this! It's great to see a long, detailed asushin AU.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 18 . 9/3/2019
TEAMWORK! The fight scenes were SO AWESOME omg~ Asuka losing her eye and Kaji coming back both made perfect sense. The original ending's events feel so unchangeable that I was worried any alternate would feel unrealistic, but you put in a lot of important detail and even if there were mistakes, I certainly didn't see them.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 17 . 9/3/2019
I kinda love watching Asuka fight. Well, 'reading,' but you know. Kaworu is an off-putting character, and Shinji being better adjusted throws that into starker relief. (Also secretly glad that people find him annoying and creepy.) Still, it wasn't OOC.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 16 . 9/2/2019
Well at least Shinji didn't have to see the Dummy Plug's destruction. It's nice to have Kaworu and Misato interact more with Asuka, especially since originally she was "out of the game" in these parts.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 15 . 9/1/2019
Finally! That embrace was beautiful. And Asuka ripping the Angel apart was just as beautiful ;)
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 14 . 9/1/2019
Kaji really is cool even after death. Shinji sticking with Asuka is just . . . man, it's just great. I know my compliments tend to be generic, but it's this or over-the-top gushing, so I'm just trying to be brief. Fuck that Angel forever though.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 13 . 9/1/2019
Kaji's relationship with Asuka is definitely deeper and feels more sincere from her moving past her infatuation. Maybe I'm dim, but I only realized the parallel tracks Kaji/Misato and Shinji/Asuka have going on in this chapter.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 12 . 9/1/2019
Asuka desecrating a memorial is definitely in-character. Although last chapter she was yelling to Shinji about dealing with and improving the real world, it took her four weeks to make the same leap herself. Nice moment with Gendo too.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 10 . 9/1/2019
I forgot last chapter, but Asuka's feelings shifting to the platonic for Kaji is really nice and feels much more mature. I was so surprised with the Angel 13 rewrite - not that Shinji was able to act effectively, but that it still didn't matter and the Dummy Plug was still activated.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 9 . 9/1/2019
It was sweet to see Rei so touched by Shinji's help. He's the only person who doesn't treat her as disposable (or half-hate her as Asuka does). Lol that part about Americans hating Eva 5 for its face and voting against it is so accurate. Nice, less awkward rewrite of Toji/Hikari's scene.