Reviews for Flight of the Bluebird
Belen09 chapter 19 . 3/13/2014
Your stories make me think of how interesting and basically much fun it is to read (and think) about similar characters undergoing unique stories - what are the 'impacts' of individual ethical choices? Why is what we do in our lives important? And what makes us 'human'?

Thank you, I enjoy your work . . .
Belen09 chapter 18 . 3/11/2014
Well, often the secret of a good political outcome is compromise . . . and working together. :)
Belen09 chapter 16 . 3/6/2014
Very nice!
Belen09 chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
I like the different plot twists that you are presenting . . . I hope the 'press' doesn't mess with them 'too much'!
Belen09 chapter 14 . 3/2/2014
I like the aspect of this not being 'neat and tidy'.
brankel1 chapter 14 . 3/1/2014
Fantastic.
brankel1 chapter 13 . 2/25/2014
Awesome.
Belen09 chapter 13 . 2/25/2014
Despite the 'gossip' nature of the interview - this would be an invaluable way of getting out 'information'! Great!
Belen09 chapter 11 . 2/18/2014
You posted several chapters at once - and brought up problems critical to both cultures . . . Humans love gossip, and there is the development of the 'Prime Directive' - showing the tendency to both 'become involved' and 'not become involved' in the same breath - more than a bit hypocritical . . . And Malcolm is walking 'a tightrope' . . . as usual you've shown deft touch, but tragedy is bound to occur no matter what . . .
Belen09 chapter 8 . 2/7/2014
That would have to be one of the more 'jaw-dropping' lines, spoken by a presumably loving husband . . .

And as far as 'epic' dinners go - "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - At a political dinner like that not many people are going to 'rock the boat'. :)
brankel1 chapter 7 . 2/5/2014
Awesome.
Belen09 chapter 7 . 2/4/2014
Oh dear . . . noisy reporters or extremists? I can see how this introduction to various customs between very dissimilar beings would be difficult . . . you've taken a more 'rational' approach to what could be an emotional and stress laden situation - nice!
Belen09 chapter 4 . 1/28/2014
"Prime Wives only." That wouldn't mean - perchance - that the other wives might be left to their 'own devices' while the favored people were up on the Bluebird, would it?

Your story does bring up a difficult question - how are differences in culture to be handled when different cultures approach situations in radically dissimilar ways? (Sorry for sounding stuffy!)

Looking forward to the next chapter!
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 1/28/2014
Excellent four chapters.
Belen09 chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Oh, here you were, making me think of that horrible rabbit disease - and that they had developed a vaccine to combat an equivalent illness . . . then you stepped right out of the frying pan into the fire! Euthanasia or experimentation . . . shudder!