Reviews for Accompaniment
BabyNake chapter 44 . 2/11
This is, by far, one of my favorite stories! The plot idea? Beautifully original! The character development? Gorgeous! And the tie it still kept to the original in some aspects? I'm in love! An amazing story and I am extremely eager to see what you create next!
getthatgat chapter 44 . 2/10
You must get a lot of compliments, as you are a famous author on this fandom (for good reason)
Even so, if you’re reading this, let me tell you

I am a hard reader to please.
I have the attention span of a 5 year old and I get bored very easily when it comes to any kind of reading.

But this story kept my attention for its entirety. For 2 days i binge-read this fanfic all at night and was little productive during the day because I just couldn’t stay away from this story. I HAD to know what was gonna happen. Differently from other fanfics, I had absolutely no idea what was gonna happen. It kept me on my toes for hours.
This was a story apparently seemed completely out of my field of interest but goddamn it, it was so good.

This wasn’t just fanfiction, this was a story, a tale.
Thank you for writing this; you are truly talented.

(Also,I don’t remember the last time I commented on a fic, if ever. This feels awkward, but I didn’t feel right to leave without saying anything)

Now if you’ll excuse me, i have to mourn the ending of a beautiful story and go read more of your work.
Teen545 chapter 44 . 2/4
Wow! What a great story! You are so very creative and imaginative to write a story like this! I love it! So much detail and action, descriptions where I can easily visualize! All the different stories and connections!

Although a more horrible circumstance for the poor guy at least in this Erik has more reason for why he does "bad" things. Although they both had to suffer through the process and be effected forever, I love stories where they are connected already, meant to be in eachothers lives. I love how Christine saves Erik! I love her courage and her strength and devotion! Even tho he was willing to suffer for the rest of his life for her to live free and to ensure he could never become something she would hate, regardless to what it meant for himself. While it's sad all she lost...I was glad her time with and feelings for Erik was kept

Thank you so much! Your stories are great!
Teen545 chapter 30 . 2/2
Awww. Poor poor Erik! so sad!

Still a great story tho, thank you!
Teen545 chapter 21 . 2/1
Wow! This was quite a chapter!
Teen545 chapter 8 . 1/31
Hmmm! All very interesting! I am intrigued! Great creativity! Thanks!
Teen545 chapter 5 . 1/31
Wow, great chapter! I enjoyed it very much! Thank you! Poor little Erik :( he was trying, trying to do the impossible nevermind at such a young age! Trying to fight it. Trying to do right. And clearly had care and love for his Aunt, even then in his , that's great!

Tbh, I wasn't sure about this back story for Erik, and Christine really, but with this chapter...I definitely feel differently! I feel like I'm starting to understand... Looking forward to the next chapter!
EvelynHamilton chapter 44 . 10/23/2020
That... That was so beautiful. I am in awe. I want to cry. Happy tears.

You tied everything up wonderfully. I think maybe there was one scene I was hoping for- Maddy meeting her grandchildren and getting to dote on them- but all in all an ending I can appreciate and accept.

Thank you so much for your wonderful writing. It has been a joy and pleasure to read. It wasn't too scary in the end, hahah. Very worth the heeby jeevys at the beginning!
EvelynHamilton chapter 23 . 10/22/2020
Ooooh that was a great part one! Definitely need to keep reading.
EvelynHamilton chapter 18 . 10/22/2020
... Man, I really can't root for our antihero right now. I really can't. Crossing lines, Erik!
EvelynHamilton chapter 16 . 10/22/2020
Man, you portrayed this so well. And thankfully I'm not scared out of my mind lol.
EvelynHamilton chapter 1 . 10/21/2020
I remember watching paranormal activity..

...I'm scared. Can I handle reading this? I'm such a pansy.
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 44 . 10/21/2020
Awww, beautiful ending yet again! Great job with the pacing of the development of Christine's feelings for Erik. And some great twists there during the final climax. Wow, what a roller-coaster ride of emotion and suspense! Also, I really like how you had Erik and Christine never entirely recover and become "normal" again. I like that Erik stayed deformed and Christine remained Disabled. It would have been just too cloyingly perfect if they'd both been all fine! So thanks enormously for not going all standard-issue cure narrative on us all. As some one who identifies as Disabled and Neurodiverse and has lots of Disabled and Neurodiverse friends, I really appreciate that!

And of course, I really love the implication that it was Christine's mental and spiritual strength in the service of her love for Erik that finally destroyed the demon thing. Awesome! I was hoping that's where you would go with it. LOL Though, to my surprise, I found I appreciated you're doing so subtly.

Anyway, awesome work once again! I can't wait to read whatever you do next! Your Phics are always such an edge-of-seat ride emotionally, but almost always leading to beautiful, satisfying endings! So I can't wait to read your next story.
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 23 . 10/20/2020
Wow! You've done it again! Love how you once again pulled off Erik's redemption from a really dark place! Also, though, love that you didn't have Christine suddenly love him, but find compassion for him. Maybe love will come later, but right now that feels more realistic and authentic. So well done with the pacing! And really cool job integrating the supernatural element with the POTO plot, too. I haven't seen that done quite this way before.

Also, really cool how you've brought in the whole issue around what is "sanity" and what is "normal", and how modern Western culture arrogantly thinks it knows everything about reality. Awesome! Love that! Can't wait to read part 2! LOL But thanks for providing such a nice, well-defined break so I can get some sleep. Really, you must make your Phics less gripping, because they're bloody impossible to put down!

P.S. Know it's way belated, but huge congrats on the wedding, and best wishes for you both!
KatriaFaeyero chapter 44 . 8/23/2020
WOW! Just WOW!
Honestly, I have no words to describe what a magnificent story that is. It was a rollercoaster of emotions. Your Erik and Christine magnetized me from the very first moment. Such a tormented Erik... On the first part he is all Leroux Erik, mentally unstable and so blindly in love that he hurt Christine in the process. The whole "I'm going to be perfect for you but I have to kill and do as the creature says" was hauntingly heartbreaking. And the fact that the moment he was almost normal looking and handsome, Christine could only see the Shadow... THAT WAS BRILLIANT!
And then on the second part you narrate one of the strongest Christine's I have read, a Christine that is fearless to deal with Erik's crazy and the Shadows that haunt him. A Christine who acts on her own accord and who falls in love with Erik without even realizing it.
Your Raoul was good to read too. I loved how you made him and Erik work together to save Christine. Their strange alliance was a delight to read through all the darkness that was described in the story.

I read the whole thing in two days and I am just so impressed! I'm going to be reading more of your work. Thankfully you have many stories!
Congratulations on your hard work! You are incredibly talented!

-Katria