Reviews for Vulnerabilities
DAIrinchan chapter 76 . 1/25
Cool, another Glorfindel chapter! I'd like to write something about this battle myself, but i haven't gotten around to it yet.
DAIrinchan chapter 63 . 1/17
Glorfindel! My other favorite underappreciated LOTR character! Personally, i think that there's only one Glorfindel. I know a lot of people have put forth reasons that the two Glorfindels could be the same person, but so far as i know no one's addressed the one that stands out the most to me. The whole funeral thing just doesn't feel plausible to me. So they're refugees, fleeing a city that's in the process of being destroyed, probably being chased by orcs (it's been a while since i've read the Silmarillion, so i don't remember offhand), and then when a Balrog turns up as they flee over a narrow mountain path along a chasm, one of them sacrifices himself to defeat it so the others can escape. That all makes sense to me, but then an eagle flies down to recover his body, and they have a nice funeral with flowers? No. I don't think so. They're fleeing for their lives. They either get the hell out of there or they die. Plus the whole funeral thing has a different feel to it than the rest of the story. The Silmarillion reads like an old book of legends, or a history that's been passed down verbally for a long time before it was written. Those have been known to change over the years. What i think happened is, the rest of Glorfindel's group had no choice but to get out of there. Of course they felt bad about just leaving his body surrounded by enemies, as did future historians and storytellers, so somewhere on the line someone added the part about the funeral. It's like how Little Red Riding Hood originally ended with Red and the grandma being eaten by the wolf, but then someone added the woodsman to give it a happier ending. Meanwhile, Glorfindel was only mostly dead. He recovered and made his way to Rivendell. That makes the most sense to me out of any version of events.
DAIrinchan chapter 4 . 12/22/2016
Ah, Boromir! He's actually my favorite among the Fellowship. It always bothers me when people dismiss him because of how he tried to take the Ring. He was under so much pressure from the war, and his father was just multiplying that over and over, and he did the best he could. Plus there's how the Ring magically affects the people around it and manipulates them. He wasn't a bad person at all. I like your take on him here.
Alex Hollister chapter 44 . 3/22/2015
It took me a long time to get back to this but I love it! Thanks so much. :D
Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 88 . 10/24/2014
Ah,good old loyal Samwise Gamgee. He's like the poster boy for loyalty who has greater wish than to help his master/friend. It's startling, the amount of characters that have been ignored for the more frequently appearing ones... except Fangorn/Treebeard who can hardly be forgotten. I think there was another one named Quickbeam.
Aria Breuer chapter 87 . 8/1/2014
Good drabble. I didn't like Lobelia until the Scouring of the Shire.

Aria Breuer chapter 86 . 5/23/2014
Good drabble. Is this drabble on Bill Ferny? That may explain the apple tossing.

Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 86 . 5/19/2014
This one actually made me feel like sympathizing with Bill even though he was SO rude to the Hobbits (and Strider/Aragorn). The last line really feels.
Aria Breuer chapter 85 . 5/3/2014
Good drabbles. I wonder if the drabble with Tom was Tom Bombadil. You did well getting Ugluk's personality right, and Deagol with what he went through.

Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 85 . 5/3/2014
Still shocked here. Really shocked. I never before saw anyone write an orc in anything even resembling "nice". Even if it's an order. OMG. Maybe he's just a mutant man who looks like an Uruk-hai? I think i'm freaking out.
Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 84 . 4/30/2014
This was just... Ouch. Poor Deagol. Tried to do something good (kind of) for his cousin and got killed for it. It was totally the Ring's fault!
fantasychica37 chapter 83 . 4/30/2014
Really clever!
Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 83 . 4/29/2014
I laughed when i realized that the 'little gold ring' Tom was thinking of gifting his wife was the One Ring. Yup. Elrond/Gandalf was right when he said that Tom would be a very unreliable person for keeping the Ring (really, 'passing fancy'.)
Serene Amarbel Asteria chapter 82 . 4/28/2014
Shelob? I never even thought of her after i finished the book! (unless i was cursing some poor spiders for terrifying me) I wonder what reminded you of her. I think my impression of her will never improve.
Aria Breuer chapter 82 . 4/28/2014
Good drabbles. Eothain I remember in the books he didn't trust Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Maggot's drabble was interesting, as he had trouble with thieves in the past. I'm surprised you wrote a drabble for Shelob; I didn't expect that.