Reviews for Mates, mates and MATES in the Twilight-verse
TwistedNeiviv chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Huh. Intriguing!
Kalyco828 chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I giggled and nodded all the way through this! Very well said, you have made very valid points that I will keep in mind as I keep writing :)
Fangscape chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I think you've explored this subject very well, but as one of your other fans put it, I think it also has to do with their personality and brains. With vampires, there is no drive to produce offspring so the characteristics that draw them together would be different.

Jasper and Alice are opposites but in Meyerverse, they make sense. Alice brings Jasper forgiveness, peace, happiness, and masculinity. He gives her protection and calm to her hyperactive tendencies.

I personally don't believe that Edward and Bella are mates of any kind. They are each others drug and obsession. I also don't believe that Emmett and Rosalie work.

Bella works better with Jasper or Garrett. Alice and Edward fit. Perhaps this is why I prefer non canon stories with both Bella and Edward with different people.

I think the best exploration of mates has been done by Mortissues, although I enjoy your stories as well. So cheers to any idea of mates so long as it doesn't involve Bella with Edward. Here's hoping that Troika end with Bella and Carlisle.
sabrina michaels chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
"it's the plot holes, inconsistencies, discrepencies, and downright contradictions that make so much fanfic possible and so darn good! Nearly endless possibilities."

I think I live is a good example of that..in fact I would go so far as to say outstanding.

My next question...were you bored today Rick? A complete dissertation on vampire mating,
and yet not one sex scene to be had...

Actually there is far more story in what she didn't say or write, which is exactly what you point out, endless possibilities.
4MeJasper chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Good to put it out there!
happyghost chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Dude! I don't even know where to begin to respond.

So, I'll start with being a geek. You left out something I think is very important :)

What makes a person or vampire who they are . . . ? Neurons.

That's right, the brain. You take away all the primal stuff, scent (which can detect illness/weakness in a potential mate), looks (which is all about survival too), athletic ability (again with the survival) All about passing one's genes on to the next generation.

All of those things are primal and animalistic, but then you think of vampires . . .

They don't reproduce. Is anyone confused yet?

I think vampire mating should have more to do with neurons. Why?

You are stuck with him/her forever. 24/7 no sleep. That's a big commitment.

That's why it makes sense to me that vampires should have a "falling in love process" that includes more than, hey you smell purdy, or you are hot.

I did enjoy reading your thoughts