Reviews for Harry Potter and the World of Deceit
teachergirl chapter 11 . 7/27
I'm still confused. Does Neville's gran not know of his complicity in the attack on Harry. She wants to throw the book at Ginny but what about Neville's involvement. Will she believe he deserve to be punished as well? Will she found out he's involved?
teachergirl chapter 8 . 7/27
I'm confused. I thought you said that Harry didn't go to school, so how did he get punished for getting better grades than Dudley?
I'm glad you had Harry keep his own name. It would be too weird as he he is Hermione's boyfriend not her brother.
teachergirl chapter 3 . 7/27
I'm confused as to why Hermione has the details to the Potter will and never mentioned it to Harry before. She had to know he didn't know, so why keep it from him? She has to know that he knows nothing about his parents because he never talks about them. She talks about her parents. Ron talks about his family. Harry never does. Even Neville talks about his Gran. Harry never says a word. Surely, Hermione would have picked up on that.
Corwyn chapter 19 . 7/21
Thanks for sharing this story with us. I appreciated it.
keitaropurple69 chapter 19 . 7/6
I love this story and it is very original, i accidentally read the second part before the first one though.
Docholiday024 chapter 4 . 7/5
Sorry ya just killed ur H/HE story! Though it isn't stated it is considered common sense in the U.K. that adopted siblings fall under the heading of brother and sister. Thus it is considered incest for them to be together. I have a friend who lives in London who is a lawyer, think they have another name for them. When I was checking on this for a show I watched, he said over the last few years several such cases were tried and in all but one the couple was found guilty of incest even though they were adopted! In the one they found out no sexual relationship had occured. Now of course you can do the old cop out that it is ur story and ya can do as ya please! But that is just admitting ya was wrong but don't want ta say it outloud, nor do ya want ta fix ur mistake.
tbh your writing style is kinda inbetween a 80 year old woman stuck in the Victorian age, a horny 12 year old, and Stephen King.
Plus I feel like Harry is coming off as creepy... being aroused by a picture of Hermione and telling her its "absolutely beautiful" seems really creepy to me. Maybe its because I'm a prude and detest people hitting on me, but idk. They're both only 13 and this is the 1990's and it seems kinda early for them to start a flirty relationship.
Also the excessive use of young man and young woman is really weird, especially when used by 13 year olds...it feels like something a disappointed grandma would say, not a teenager in reference to their friends.
Colton chapter 2 . 6/18
Already addicted to this story. Your writing style has me hooked. Excellent chapter!
CmeClearLee chapter 4 . 6/18
good story but if u could replace the words 'young lady and young man with other endearments or descriptive adjectives then it would improve the flow.
My only complaint with this chapter is where you have them discussing God. You have Hermione referring to God as 'he' and 'him'. When talking about God, it's always, always, 'He' and 'Him' - capitalized, not lower case.

Fantastic story so far. I loved your characterization of Ron, I was so excited to see a self-aware Ron who was happy for Harry & Hermione. You had me near tears during the memorial.
misspsycho24 chapter 3 . 5/31
I have to say, Hermione's parents are pretty nice and trusty. I have to laugh. Man, I remember when I had my first boyfriend my mother won't leave me alone with him, so she asked my brothers to keep an eye on us. Lol. My oldest brother didn't want me to use shorts and my other brother always had problems with 'V' neck thirst. Lol. I don't quite remember HP books or movies, but I don't think Harry was physically abused, mentally speaking is another thing. Anyway, Hermione and Harry are pure hormones lol. Young love!
TheProphetBVB chapter 11 . 5/17
I really like how Fleur has bonded with Harry and Hermione, it's a very nice aspect of the story and good for them to have such a nice friend after Ron's death.

I'm disliking Hermione's growing religious preachiness. I get that Harry is curious but the more all the god stuff seeps into the story the less I find myself wanting to keep reading.
TheProphetBVB chapter 4 . 5/16
Not gonna lie, I was hoping that when Dan left the room it was to go beat the ever loving hell out of Vernon.
austinadams37 chapter 16 . 4/28
I
Star Rose0 chapter 5 . 4/27
I'm sorry I know in the book Crouch was accusing Harry but that's because his Son was at the Cup and he suspected it might have been him. In this he had no real reason to accuse three children, one clearly injured, of casting the Dark Mark. Not only that but in the book Harry identified the wand, none of the three who would recognize Harry's wand were in any state to tell them it was his and I don't think people, except wandmakers, would be able to recognize whose wand it is unless they've seen it many times before.