Reviews for The Unwilling Participant
Sieben Nightwing chapter 19 . 8/17
Do you think we could get a oneshot about harry visiting the dragon at the reserve? That would be fun, I think, and might make a good companion to this as an epilogue.
Binka chapter 19 . 8/14
Excellent story. I would like to know what happened to everyone after the destruction of Voldemort, but sometimes it's more fun to imagine it for myself. So here goes. Harry recovers under Poppy's tender loving care, has a meeting with Luna, Neville and the Twins and explains his intention to head for Australia. He offers the boys a home with he, Luna and the marauders. Fred and George who are now of age, accept straight away and Harry actually gets them to cry when he offers them the start up capital for their Joke Shop as a birthday present. Neville convinces his Gran to pick up sticks by showing her information on experimental treatments available in Oz that may save his pparents. They stay in touch with Susan and Hannah who join them once they complete their Newt examinations. Neville uses his inheritance to set up a greenhouse supplying potions ingredients, marry's Hannah and has three kids. George marrys Susan who diides her time between healing at the local hospital and trying to prevent Fred corrupting she and George's two children. Fred lives in a flat above the shop and is so far single, not for the want of trying though, he, like Sirius, has a different girl on his arm each week. Remus shares a house with Sirius, after a few rocky months Harry got to know him better and warmed up to him, he spends most of his time running Fred and George's shop while they 'create' in the back room, he has built up quite a gold pile from providing the twins with many more ideas. Sirius watches over all of their investments, which, as they're all doing extremely well gives him plenty of time to laze around the pool soaking up sun. Frank and Alice eventually got their sanity back but it cost them their magic. Frank is quite sullen about it all but Alice puts it out of her mind and focusses on her grandchildren, which seems to include Harry and George's families too. Harry started a business enchanting, he has a small workshop next to the twins shop and mainly does specialised work, filling in his time helping out Fred and George when they need it. Luna married Harry and had three kids and despite not needing the money helps her father run the Quibbler, which has evolved into a magical creatures magazine and is very well thought of. All of the children attendedmuggle school and were taught to use magic by their family from the little red book Harry was given all those years ago, they all find it quite quaint when Aunt Minnie and Uncle Filius visit during the holidays.
Sorry for the waffle, but all of that is what came to mind once I finished your story. I guess you can see why I've never published anything. Anyway, thanks for entertaining me for the past two days.
Ugh this is one of those stupid overpowered fics huh
duskglow chapter 19 . 7/6
Good story.

There was, iirc, a reference to Freyr a chapter or two before it was created.
Squarekiddo chapter 5 . 6/25
Bah, Even Hercules that went from Zero to Hero had more trouble getting this strong, and the dude was a Demigod.

This is just to much.
Squarekiddo chapter 3 . 6/25
Ugh, I always hated that about canon, the Weasleys subconscious bullying of muggles.
tomredwait chapter 19 . 6/22
that was cool. i think harry was more overpowered in this than most fics i've read.
Jimbocous chapter 18 . 6/19
Thanks for GREAT (re)read!
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 19 . 6/16
Thank you for sharing this story. I liked the sweetly romantic Harry/Luna pairing. Harry was a bit too cynical and unforgiving for my taste, but I can't really argue with his logic. I'm adding it to my favorites and my C2.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 18 . 6/16
A narrow escape from the clutches of a Veela.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 17 . 6/16
Filius has one "l", not two.

"Diagon Alley" accidentally got changed to "Diagonal".

"Hermione being an undercover backstabber." I love this characterization for Hermione. She likes to think she's so mature and helpful, and many people buy into her self-image, but she's really constantly trying to demonstrate her superiority over all her peers. When she spouts the rules at people she does it because it's a way for her to assert her authority over her peers. When she "helps" her peers there's always an attitude of condescension that goes with it, as though the person she's "helping" couldn't possibly read a book on their own and solve their own problems without her. And if people let her constantly assert that role then eventually it will become true and she will become the only "brains" of the group.

It seems very harsh that Harry refuses to forgive Hermione and Ron, and indeed all the Gryffindors. Admittedly they deserve it, but it does make Harry less likable. I think the graceful solution, the middle ground, is to say that the relationship can't go back to the way it was, but that they can start fresh and reintroduce himself ("Hi, I'm Harry. What's your name?")
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 15 . 6/16
The champions should enter last, not first, so that the audience can watch them enter and they can make a grand entrance. They should be first onto the dance floor though, since the audience can watch from the sidelines.

"snuck", not "snick" is the past tense of "sneak".

I liked the tentative emotional advances.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 10 . 6/16
Both the Bulgarians and the French are ahead of British time (the sun rises each day in Europe before it rises in Britain). They would be used to earlier breakfast times than the British, not later.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 9 . 6/16
"shield couldn't affect", not "shield couldn't effect".

If the cup was never successful in binding him, why is he agreeing to compete?
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 7 . 6/15
Harry really doesn't need to give up Quidditch to study. All he has to do is give up losing at chess hour after hour with Ron whenever Hermione says it's time to study.