Reviews for The Unwilling Participant
Ok, it's your first fic so problems are understandable. Overall I'd say it is excellent with one exception. The attempts to add emotion are so incredibly ham-fisted that it's becoming difficult to continue reading. Hopefully that will only continue in small doses because if I have to continue reading about how the twins and Bill have suddenly, even magically, become Harry's brothers I will give up on this. If the emotional part of your writing were no so incredibly clumsy and nauseating I would rank this as on of the best first time fics I have read.
Harry is emo enough as it is in canon. Why do so many fic authors feel driven to show how stupidly emo they can make him?
thebetawholived chapter 19 . 1/23
The image of Harry sitting on the beach sipping mai-tais is vivid . . . and effective.

But talk about your deux ex machina sort of moment! I hope the author can take time from his job, his classes, and his self described almost-life to write an epilog.

Please?

Fun story and thanks for sharing.
thebetawholived chapter 18 . 1/23
Harry is remarkably gentle in the confrontation at the end of this chapter: consistent with the Harry in the story, and unlike Harry in almost any other story I've read.

I'm enjoying this!
thebetawholived chapter 6 . 1/22
Unusual scene on the train - I have the feeling that it was a major, pivotal moment in the story. Vivid and well-written!
animal lover13 chapter 19 . 1/4
I love what you have written so far. I know it's been a while since you last. Updated, but. I hope you're able to soon. (It has been 2 years).

Keep writing
Hammy86 chapter 12 . 1/2
m
V-rcingetorix chapter 19 . 1/2
So her'es my two bits. Yes, a bit rushed, but your notes seem to indicate future updates. Since the last update was almost a year ago to the date, I assume your other writing projects (no author has a life, that's why they're called no-lifers!) have taken up a lot of time.

Suggestions ... not too many. There's barely any Luna involved, or Sorcerer powers mentioned in the end here. You spent 19 chapters building up the Powerful Harry idea, but didn't really use him in the end ... why? Also, Dumbledore's plans were kinda explained once (although foreshadowed beautifully!), then never mentioned again. Continuity is the problem, but primarily just in the latter end, approximately the final 3 paragraphs.

Thanks for the authors notes. I look forward to the updated ending, someday :)
grvest chapter 19 . 12/31/2015
This was really good I have read everything you have up on your coming out on top story and thats very good too. Though all things considered I think I liked this better in premise than coming out on top though this does definitely have a rushed feeling to it like others have already pointed out to you though that seems to be more the last half or so especially in the fact that you do seem to have an off the rocker dumbledore that just keeps getting put off which with the open ending it makes more sense because now he has dumbledore to deal with when u come back and add on later along with some other loose ends you've left open besides dumbledore. This is a great story but it honestly feels like the first half of one like you've really built up what harry has done but in some parts it feels more like a summary than a story that you've put a anticlimactic patch at the end. Once again it's very good and I eagerly await your continuation.
dgpolo chapter 19 . 12/26/2015
Well, this was quite a good story up to the last chapter. And in spite of what you say you are working on, I see no other story of yours that even begins to be as good as the beginning of this one.
ToastyTamLin chapter 19 . 12/19/2015
I just wanted to say that if you're going to rush an ending, then finishing off Voldie with a pissed-off gaggle of eldritch abominations is a pretty awesome way to do it!
scout360pyro chapter 19 . 12/17/2015
Very impressive, if a bit short story.
one.who.reads chapter 19 . 11/29/2015
Yep, this needs an epilogue. I like how your Chekhov's gun was apparently welded by Vash the Stampede.
Beloved Daughter chapter 19 . 11/29/2015
Brilliant story. I enjoyed reading every moment of it. Thanks for writing and posting.

Some people might say the ending feels a bit rushed. I prefer to think of it as having a lot of potential! Even if you never get around to posting the promised epilogues, I'm a big enough girl that I can handle it. :D If nothing else, it's an opportunity to use my own creativity to imagine what happens next.
IamBurden chapter 19 . 11/28/2015
Plz cont8nue this! I wanna see the fallout, what happen to the wizarding world now that it is left without leadership, excluding Albus, how harry leaving would affect them, ron and hermoine getting their comeuppance, I really wanna see that by the way, something like hermoine and ron being ostracize by everyone. I wanna see more fluff between Luna and Harry. Plz continue!