Reviews for Molly & The Animal Parade
Accidentally The Whole Fanfic chapter 22 . 9/3
Sweet Jesus, did Kathy and Molly just write a Taylor Swift song?

You sure know how to write the festivals for these places - everything feels really vibrant and colorful, and I can easily imagine the excited, crowded atmospheres. I'm glad the show went off well in spite of Molly's little mishap (and I did get worried at a few spots). Wonder where they're off to next? Maybe they'll finally get to return to Castanet for a little break! (Probably the last thing Kathy wants at the moment, though.)

Luna and Karen bonding is something I should've expected, but didn't - it fit pretty naturally, though, especially Luna trying to keep up with her and getting plastered. Karen was my first Mineral Town bae, so I do have quite a fondness for her, as well.

Only small incidents I noticed were "with that" where Molly should've said "with what?" (to Chase buying her a drink), giving a "wane" smile when it should've been "wan", and "They lied awake" when it should be "lay/laid". I think "lay" works better here, since "laid" generally refers to the act of physically laying something down. (As a high school English teacher of mine once put it, "you GET laid"... she immediately regretted that example when it took five minutes to get everyone to stop laughing.)

I'm not sure if this was the case previously, but I just noticed - Molly's thought process seems very lyrical. The part about how she and Chase were comfortable around each other now felt like it could be the springboard for a future song, same when she felt bad for Kathy ("her heart was shadowed"), not to mention mentally turning one of Kathy's remarks into a lyric without meaning to. She's certainly growing into the songwriting thing.

(I'm also curious if Kathy joining in the singing thing is foreshadowing... she was noted earlier as having a nice voice... hmm!)

I also think Kathy shows some subtle signs of wanting to get in on the writing herself, with the "my own downfall" line, and the clumsy-but-amusing horse... thing. I liked the callback (and Molly being just as baffled by it as Trent. Shit, I think Tori Amos would backhand her for that one.) Sucks horribly about her and Owen, though. What a bummer. It should be interesting to see how awkward things get when she returns home...

And it's funny, they got on well with the Echo Town crew, but Mineral Town seems to have had the biggest impact on them so far. Can't wait to see how the other HM towns turn out affecting each of them in turn as the story goes on!
Accidentally The Whole Fanfic chapter 21 . 9/3
Double update showcase! Sweeeeeeet!

Mineral Town in winter (hell, any HM location in winter) is really cozy. The scene with the library made me think of Beauty and the Beast, for some reason... speaking of, I really do love the friendships striking up between the Sonata girls and Popuri/Mary. Oddly enough, Luna and Candace seem to wind up being the biggest social butterflies thus far.

And I actually always found Mineral Town to have relatively normal fashion sense (alongside Castanet/Waffle Town, of course) compared to some of the costumey later games, so Luna mentally ripping on Popuri's fashion sense was amusing. As was Popuri's caffeinated babbling - I kind of felt myself getting short of breath just reading her wall of text.

"continued to fiddle with the tap"

Molly, you whore, stop flirting with the shower.

Ahem! Anywho. Molly seeming to run into each town's requisite moody dickhead is pretty damn funny. First, Neil. Now, Gray. (And she's DATING the moody dickhead from her own town.) I'm also loving the way Thomas is written - kindhearted, but spacey as hell. He truly is the Mayor of Townsville. And Molly's little episode was kinda freaky... been there before (though not to the point of passing out, but getting a wonderful migraine instead), and it's not fun. Especially the "can't see shit" part.

Speaking of "shit", I couldn't help but laugh at Chase chiding Kathy to stop "bottling shit up" and then referring to her moodiness as "emotional constipation". I never claimed to be mature. (His social anxiety and tagging along nervously behind Kathy, by the way, was adorable. And I do love the return of the maligned girly scarf.)

Small typos I noticed were "snuggly" should be "snugly" (Ann's tray), "why I outta" oughta be "oughta", and "indecisive conscious" should be "conscience".

I adore Trent. And you used the hot Island of Happiness version of him! His talk with Kathy was fairly interesting, since seriously, what the fuck was that speech of hers? If I didn't know better, I'd say she was upset that she had to be a giraffe in the band instead of a horse, Owen made a tasteless joke about her having a black tongue, and she broke things off with him (and littered, thus dropping her FP with everyone in town).

Last but not least - Elli! That is all. I just love Elli.
this is flipping adorable. I can't wait for the next chapter!
person chapter 22 . 8/30
aww, poor kathy. i loved the song though :p
Dusk Clark chapter 22 . 8/24
Yay 2 chapters for the price of one wonder what gonna happen next
person chapter 21 . 8/24
i liked this chapter! but whats up with kathy...?
MikariStar chapter 20 . 8/11
It's great to see them visit Mineral, it's one of my fav HM locations. :D

I knew something was wrong with Kathy! :o
MikariStar chapter 19 . 8/11
I like how things are progressing :D The band is making great progress! I'm also curious about what happened with Kathy's call. Again, great characterization, very detailed.
MikariStar chapter 17 . 8/11
lol I'd love to see Chase's face when he goes to unpack XD
MikariStar chapter 16 . 8/11
I'm back! XD It's been ages but I'm back to listening to this story. So many chapters to catch up on! :o I really like the dynamics between the characters and how they come alive in the story. There are lots of little details like their interpersonal relationships and changes in their habits and routine that make them feel more "real" and complete.
KennieBarnes chapter 20 . 8/3
I'm so happy you updated! I really love this story.
XxBlue and CrimsonxX chapter 20 . 8/3
All of your songs are amazing... Do you write them yourself? Like when I read it, I can easily fill it with a tune~ hope to see more of the Mineral Town people! Update soon! XD
Dusk Clark chapter 20 . 8/2
great chapter wonder what's gonna happen next
Accidentally The Whole Fanfic chapter 20 . 8/2
Wow, Kathy, that wasn't obvious at all. No wonder she appeared to be doing terribly at poker (poker? I'm terrible with identifying card games) in the last chapter.

So, for reasons beyond me, I'm still up at this hour, but I'm pretty glad for it now, since I was able to catch a new chapter! Sweeeet!

I like Mineral Town as a cozy little forest town (didn't really strike me until now, it is quite wooded), and as an older, more historic one at that. Plus, the question is finally answered on how the hell anyone even gets in or out of that town other than by boat.

Zack and Owen really are fairly similar in build, true, and Zack inadvertently offending Chase was great. Frankly, I think the bobby pins are kinda sexy, but I can see how Zack would spot those, the half-scarfed face, and the slim build and go all Professor Oak on him. Also liked seeing May and Stu pop up - they're a cute pair, and seeing Molly interact with them was really nice. I liked the little song she came up with on the fly - her talent's developing quite well, and it was a sweet moment. Plus, Stu apparently having a bit of a cold and still clambering around like a squirrel on crack was funny. (And a nice detail. I can't help but wonder if his cold might spread, though...) "Plus also", too, because I can see May saying something like that while trying to sound like an adult.

Always good to see Ann, too - the inn had a good, lively, but still rustic atmosphere, although it was nice to see tensions flare up there with Kathy after it was woven throughout the chapter. Particularly Chase noticing on the walk over. Makes me wonder what the HELL happened (or didn't?), and who's responsible. Plus also (May), how it'll affect the band's performance... I'm pretty anxious for them. I love the suspense being built throughout the story for the various issues cropping up here and there. Something tells me even the ones that seem somewhat-resolved might not fully be yet.

There was a small spelling hiccup - "nauseous" spelled as "nauseas" - but other than that, nothing really sprang to mind. I also got really hungry during this chapter... (Molly going overboard for Chase's birthday partly did it - and I like that she's so well-established that of COURSE she'd do something like that; but the chicken-and-dumplings really sealed it. Kathy should've taken one of those holy biscuits and sopped up that gravy.)

(And always glad to leave enthused feedback on good stuff!)

Looking forward to where things go on from here, as always. This wait was certainly worth it.