Reviews for Character Guide, The Do's and Don'ts for your OC!
Music Rules The World chapter 1 . 2/16
I love this but just one thing, I was rereading The first book, and it does say that District three is factories not Technology, so where ever this fandom got the technology part, we're wrong.
nuttmeg chapter 2 . 1/18
Oh. My. Good. God. I think I just failed every single aspect of this guide... o I wish I had read this earlier! Some of these felonies I have to admit that I've done them! I can't believe I just found this guide. It's awesome though!
Annabeth-TheTributeThatLived chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Pretty helpful, except a few things.
District 1 has green eyes, not blue. See Glimmer.
District 2 specializes in all stonework, not just graphite. You're thinking of 13.
darling.so.dramatic chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Wow. You are literally saying everything I think. These Mary-Sue tragic backstory characters are my biggest pet peeve, I hate them so much. This is the most perfect guide to making an OC, thank you for creating this.

Hopefully there will be less OC's now of a district 6 tribute who can throw a spear 200 meters away with their eyes closed exactly on target, who's parents died, who live on the street with their 5 younger, super cute siblings, who is 13 years old at the same time, with the name Demetrius Harrison Jeremiah Remington Alexander Zachary Maxwell Montgomery, and who also happens to be British. Not to mention, his best friend is a strong 20 year old peacekeeper who is from and was born in district 6 (against canon!) who acts like a father figure, and Demetrius secretly sneaks into the Capitol and back to District 6 for fun because he's just so spunky. His only weakness is anger issues and trust issues, and he can handle all weapons and run fast, so of course he'll make it through the bloodbath, plus he's voted most handsome tribute ever to be in the games. I HATE THIS GOD ALMIGHTY EUGH.

Rant over.
MollieMarch chapter 8 . 12/25/2014
Yes! Finally somebody has made a story like this! Okay, so I know I'm reviewing chapter eight but this review is really for your whole story. So basically I'm very new to hunger games fan fiction, and this has been very useful for me for creating tributes and such. Also I am so so glad that you mentioned that District 1 tributes are supposed to be volunteers! I absolutely hate seeing a poor, reaped District 1 tribute... Great job on your SYOT! It is my favorite SYOT currently :)
Ivory Inkwell chapter 2 . 12/18/2014
I have been on FF for a long time with a previous account and I still do not understand why people are against eyes changing color. My best friend's eyes change colors with her emotions. Seeing her warm, rich brown eyes fade into a sickly, murky, pale green when she is angry is kind of terrifying... When she is happy they go to a honey color that could flirt with bronze on the best of days.
RAINBOWSNEMESIS chapter 8 . 12/17/2014
So reading this made me mad in ways at myself I have to admit I have made terrible tributes before so this will hopefully help me make another one of I find a good enough story to submit a tribute and stick with
RAINBOWSNEMESIS chapter 7 . 12/17/2014
Gosh why... this chapter aggravates me soooo much I just want to go outside and throw a golf club.
RAINBOWSNEMESIS chapter 4 . 12/17/2014
Gosh you don't realize how awesome it is to read this finally someone who really cares about great amazing stories. I also root for Capitols Darling something actually realistic for prim coming into hunger games. I also hate when people say oh my tribute from 11 is 13 and got a 9 you know how she shot a bow she is awesome at it because she hunted to stay alive. There are many problems with that. Can I say Rue coppier. 12 year olds don't get 9s let alone one from 11. How did she hunt I would like to say Suzane Collins wrote Rue saying her family didn't get to eat the food they farmed and the peacekeepers in 11 might I add are the harshest ones in panem Katniss for living sakes even said their peacekeepers were super duper harsh compared to 12 and she said that she felt lucky to live in 12. Sorry for the grammar misspelling.
Lady Adelaide of Hogwarts chapter 2 . 12/15/2014
"No one wants a girl with a blonde afro"
I have a naturally blonde curly hair that looks like an afro. T.T feeling the love

"No 2 different eye colors"
I am being discriminated against. I mean, I know it's uncommon, but it is a legitimate thing. It's called Heterochromia Iridum. I have one blue eye and one hazel/green eye. Mila Kunis has it. Kate Bosworth has it. RDJ and Benedict Cumberbatch have it to, but theirs is Sectoral and Central, respectively.

I mean, I can understand purple eyes (disregarding albinism) but some people's eyes change color, and some people have different colored eyes. This is a fact!

Anyway, I like it, but come on! xD
Alexandria160 chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
What is interview quote?
hungergamesareamazing5517 chapter 7 . 8/26/2014
I really liked this chapter. I have to say though, everything, and I meaneverything, you have said in this book, though helpful, doesnt actuall it apply to my current SYOT except for,of course, d1 Ruby. You should read my story, youd like it I think.
The d11 girl is like a 17 year comic relief character.
InkblotsOnThePage chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
For names, they actually are roman/greek actual people, not just words. Brutus was the guy who betrayed Julius Caesar, Cato was a general. A WAR general
NyssaFire chapter 8 . 7/11/2014
Wow I love this guide a lot. It had me laughing at your bluntness and the sheer ridiculousness of the examples that people actually give. It also had me nodding in agreement, a lot of those things do happens and it's absolutely ridiculous. Also I've also read Outfoxed! I loved it and now that I saw that name come up I plan on re-reading it. And now I looked up That Thing They Call Honor, it seems really interesting. And I've also read Everybody's Darling. Again, loved it. Thanks for putting this guide thing up! Btw are you still taking tribute ocs to examine? Can you PM to tell me if it's okay to send in my oc once you see this review? Thanks!
flowerninja34 chapter 7 . 7/9/2014
I always loved this guide, but I love it even more now that I've seen some pretty extreme Mary Sues and you are spot on. I don't want to name names, but I've seen a District 12 female tribute, who surprise surprise hunts in the woods and has sparkly eyes. Everyone always tells her how she looks beautiful *eyeroll*, and she volunteers...for her OLDER sister, who was shown to be pretty strong. She has the same exact reaction as Katniss, and even afterwards she has many of Katniss's lines. And her parents are shown to be quite caring of her but then its revealed that they favor her older sister over her, and everyone throws her a pity party. Oh, and did I mention she's freaking thirteen? Then her district partner is exactly as you said, he's even related to Peeta. And I think you mentioned how people tend to forget it's the Hunger Games world and use unrealistic items from our world. I'm sorry, but poor people from district 12 do not have pancakes for breakfast and digital watches. And they would not be able to identify all the nice food in the Capitol right away, either. Okay sorry, rant over. Oh yeah, and about the whole "50 reviews for freaking nothing" note...yeah, that's annoying, and then they start threatening for more reviews in a rather accusatory tone. Even if it's the same old "good story, love your character", all the undeserved reviews are still annoying.