Reviews for Character Guide, The Do's and Don'ts for your OC!
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 4 . 6/26
Oops I'm guilty for 7 XD
Not that I care though, I still and will always think that Finnick and Katniss will make a pretty badass couple
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 8 . 4/16
Should we send our oc tribute in with PM?
If yes, can I send in my oc?
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 3 . 4/16
What is a GMFR? No I seriously don't know, i'm new to this fandom
kariiwilliams121 chapter 2 . 4/15
I'd like to think people of color are all around Panem, just with more in certain areas. There can be a Chinese descendent in D1, not everybody is white. There is race mixing, even then. Excluding races out of districts is just senile; not everyone in 1-5 is white/white passing or 8-11 only colored. That's the way I see it but alright I guess
just a reader chapter 8 . 4/1
I still have the notes from some characters I made up for a few earlier SYOTs. Can I send them in? :)
Lya200 chapter 1 . 2/29
I remember this! I also remember now how terrible I used to be with character development, but good times.
Valandhir chapter 4 . 9/5/2015
Hello,

while I am not a writer in Hunger Games fandom (only a reader here, my writing fandoms are more in the Tolkien area) I stumbled across your Character Guide... and man, half of what you wrote here applies well to other fandoms too. I wish your basic guide-line could be made mandatory reading for fanfic authors.

THANKS for putting many things I thought into words.

Valandhir
Annabeth-TheTributeThatLived chapter 7 . 8/18/2015
That awkward moment when my only victors are from 5 or 10 XD Swag.
epictomguy chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Lol
mrtw chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
I love this but just one thing, I was rereading The first book, and it does say that District three is factories not Technology, so where ever this fandom got the technology part, we're wrong.
nuttmeg chapter 2 . 1/18/2015
Oh. My. Good. God. I think I just failed every single aspect of this guide... o I wish I had read this earlier! Some of these felonies I have to admit that I've done them! I can't believe I just found this guide. It's awesome though!
Annabeth-TheTributeThatLived chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Pretty helpful, except a few things.
District 1 has green eyes, not blue. See Glimmer.
District 2 specializes in all stonework, not just graphite. You're thinking of 13.
darling.so.dramatic chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Wow. You are literally saying everything I think. These Mary-Sue tragic backstory characters are my biggest pet peeve, I hate them so much. This is the most perfect guide to making an OC, thank you for creating this.

Hopefully there will be less OC's now of a district 6 tribute who can throw a spear 200 meters away with their eyes closed exactly on target, who's parents died, who live on the street with their 5 younger, super cute siblings, who is 13 years old at the same time, with the name Demetrius Harrison Jeremiah Remington Alexander Zachary Maxwell Montgomery, and who also happens to be British. Not to mention, his best friend is a strong 20 year old peacekeeper who is from and was born in district 6 (against canon!) who acts like a father figure, and Demetrius secretly sneaks into the Capitol and back to District 6 for fun because he's just so spunky. His only weakness is anger issues and trust issues, and he can handle all weapons and run fast, so of course he'll make it through the bloodbath, plus he's voted most handsome tribute ever to be in the games. I HATE THIS GOD ALMIGHTY EUGH.

Rant over.
MollieMarch chapter 8 . 12/25/2014
Yes! Finally somebody has made a story like this! Okay, so I know I'm reviewing chapter eight but this review is really for your whole story. So basically I'm very new to hunger games fan fiction, and this has been very useful for me for creating tributes and such. Also I am so so glad that you mentioned that District 1 tributes are supposed to be volunteers! I absolutely hate seeing a poor, reaped District 1 tribute... Great job on your SYOT! It is my favorite SYOT currently :)
Ivory Inkwell chapter 2 . 12/18/2014
I have been on FF for a long time with a previous account and I still do not understand why people are against eyes changing color. My best friend's eyes change colors with her emotions. Seeing her warm, rich brown eyes fade into a sickly, murky, pale green when she is angry is kind of terrifying... When she is happy they go to a honey color that could flirt with bronze on the best of days.