Reviews for Character Guide, The Do's and Don'ts for your OC!
Awesome
DaughterOfTigris chapter 4 . 11/13/2016
Well I kind of clicked on your profile link from a review you wrote in this SYOT, and I found this story. It's really useful... even though I'm super guilty of quite a few of these, especially backstory-heavy characters. Whoops. So are you still giving opinions to unsent SYOT tributes? Because I have some tributes I have yet to send, but am unsure of.

Thanks!
~Tigress
TheReaper94 chapter 4 . 10/25/2016
So, this guide has been pretty, um...interesting so far. It's been rather informative, which is obviously helpful. Nice to get the word out to people about what they should and shouldn't do with OCs. Here are my thoughts on a few of these:
3.) Prim going into the Games. This can be done well. You're correct about the Rory and Haymitch things. Way too cliche. And no, her and Peeta would not both go home. Really, they would have most likely both died, rather than won. But however, this can be written well, but if it is written well, Prim will most likely not be the eventual Victor.
4.) The Districts Theories. Okay, I have to agree. I HATE THIS. Rich girls whose fathers are major breadwinners, so the 16-year-old girl has purple hair dye, a gigantic pink dragon to ride, and 83 ponies. UGH. Another thing I hate: When stories include District 13 as a Career District. The Capitol HATES 12 and 13. HATES them. If 13 were to participate, their tributes would not be Trained. No.
6.) The Capitol Games. In an AU, once again, this can turn out well. But no, Paylor would not have held them at all, most likely. But, if Coin hadn't died, they would have gone on. Just once. Not for sixty some-odd years before, oh gee look, a rebellious tribute from THE CAPITOL comes along. No way.
8.) Not Everyone Dates. In canon, true. Very true. But, this is a major part of what FF is used for. Random ships. I'm not really big on shipping, either. But, I usually don't judge. I don't care if someone's shipping Buttercup and Mr. Everdeen's ghost. I don't care. I don't have to read the story. Really, I'd leave this one alone. Whether it be Katniss and Peeta, Clove and Cato, Glimmer and Katniss, Marvel and Clove, Cato and Peeta, whatever, I'd just leave it alone. I just let people ship who they wanna ship. If I don't like it, I don't click on the story. That's all.
9.) Stories That Never Finish. Ugh. Yes, this sucks. I've submitted about 15 SYOT tributes, who have never been introduced. Ever. Never to be seen. The only exception really is if the author has a valid reason. Not "I don't wanna do this" or "I'm bored with it". No. I DID have time to do an SYOT about ten months ago, then my brother was hospitalized due to complications with his Kidney Disease, and I ended up watching my niece and nephew a lot, and that combined with schoolwork, I don't have enough time for an SYOT. I'd say that that's a valid reason. Just abandoning it for no reason isn't, which unfortunately, happens a lot.
10.) People Getting 100 Reviews for 100 Words of Crap, While Great 100K Word Stories Get 50. Yeah, this happens way too often. I'll agree with ya. But hey, people are stupid these days, you know? I've seen way too many cases of this. Love the 'bring it bitch' thing, by the way. Sounds a lot like something I'd say. XD
Anyway, this has been interesting. Just wondering, have you seen that episode of Family Guy with the "What Grinds My Gears" thing? Because if so, nice reference. Nice job, though.
-Bo
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 4 . 6/26/2016
Oops I'm guilty for 7 XD
Not that I care though, I still and will always think that Finnick and Katniss will make a pretty badass couple
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 8 . 4/16/2016
Should we send our oc tribute in with PM?
If yes, can I send in my oc?
Melissa the kawaii yandere chapter 3 . 4/16/2016
What is a GMFR? No I seriously don't know, i'm new to this fandom
kariiwilliams121 chapter 2 . 4/15/2016
I'd like to think people of color are all around Panem, just with more in certain areas. There can be a Chinese descendent in D1, not everybody is white. There is race mixing, even then. Excluding races out of districts is just senile; not everyone in 1-5 is white/white passing or 8-11 only colored. That's the way I see it but alright I guess
just a reader chapter 8 . 4/1/2016
I still have the notes from some characters I made up for a few earlier SYOTs. Can I send them in? :)
Lya200 chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
I remember this! I also remember now how terrible I used to be with character development, but good times.
Valandhir chapter 4 . 9/5/2015
Hello,

while I am not a writer in Hunger Games fandom (only a reader here, my writing fandoms are more in the Tolkien area) I stumbled across your Character Guide... and man, half of what you wrote here applies well to other fandoms too. I wish your basic guide-line could be made mandatory reading for fanfic authors.

THANKS for putting many things I thought into words.

Valandhir
Annabeth-TheTributeThatLived chapter 7 . 8/18/2015
That awkward moment when my only victors are from 5 or 10 XD Swag.
epictomguy chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Lol
mrtw chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
I love this but just one thing, I was rereading The first book, and it does say that District three is factories not Technology, so where ever this fandom got the technology part, we're wrong.
nuttmeg chapter 2 . 1/18/2015
Oh. My. Good. God. I think I just failed every single aspect of this guide... o I wish I had read this earlier! Some of these felonies I have to admit that I've done them! I can't believe I just found this guide. It's awesome though!
Annabeth-TheTributeThatLived chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Pretty helpful, except a few things.
District 1 has green eyes, not blue. See Glimmer.
District 2 specializes in all stonework, not just graphite. You're thinking of 13.