Reviews for Isolation
Golden Goddess chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
So sad!
Sventastic chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
Hey there :) It's marauderfan from CoS, creepin your author page again. Only under a different name this time because it needed to match, you know? :P I saw Frozen only recently, actually, and this is something that made me wonder too! (what Elsa did for that long period of time by herself). That's a long time to be on your own, planning to be alone forever. So it was cool when I realized you had written a story about it!

I love that you addressed the issue of the hot and cold and how it affected her hands - what a cool (lol. pun not intended) way to write it. You descriptions and imagery are really vivid as well and it was almost like watching the movie again in the way you painted such a picture.

The fact that you pointed out how long it took her to do all this is really great too - because in the movie everything is pretty much instant, but I guess after creating a castle it would have dawned on her that she has sooo much time ahead of her, and slowed down. And awww, she made statues of the people she loves. I love that little scene and in my mind it's like a deleted scene from the movie ;)

Great job with this story!
atheniangoddess chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
Beautiful! I love the description in this story- I can see everything so clearly as if I were watching the movie again :) I never thought about Elsa's sensitivity to hot and cold, good catch. Such a great movie. You captured the essence of it really well with Anna's warmth and their sisterly love.
Hawki chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
-“A little home decoration to ease her solitude was in order.”

And’ y’know, food. Not sure how much would be available up there… 0_0

-Like the opening lines. I’m inclined to take Elsa’s line “the cold never bothered me anyway” as literal, but regardless of the case, the concept is expanded on well here.

-Same applies for the description of her powers.

-Nice characterization (for lack of a better term) for her parents, and their visages.

-All in all, good job. The description mentions the plot point of what she was actually going to do in her palace prior to Anna showing up, but while that’s arguably part of it, its main strength is in its role as a character study. And as far as that goes, it’s well done. Feels genuine to Elsa’s character. That, and while it’s almost entirely narrative-based, it still flows well, and has good characterization.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Nicely done! I had also wondered what Elsa had been doing since the end of "Let It Go" and before Anna stepped into her castle. I love your idea of her making ice figures of her family, especially because I also wonder if she did anything to make furniture or decorate the rooms in her palace.

Very well done! I love this movie, too, and I saw it SEVEN times! I also wrote a few stories of my own, and am working on some more. :)
onionsonbutter chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
It would have gone reaaallly nicely with the movie. Keep writing!
unicorns chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
This... is... too... FREEZERIFIC! By the way, you can actually watch Frozen online for free, just search it!
Mengsk chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I like it. I was beginning to wonder things like how do you decorate an Ice Palace? Is an Ice Bed uncomfortable to sleep on? Does her palace have a, ah, throne room?

A room dedicated to her family. Nice choice. Nice description of the father. Just suddenly realised in comparison though how little was said of the mother, he stole all the early scenes.
readerkp16 chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
:(. ice family.
Yondaime Namikaze chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
This was great! It feels totally believable based on the scenes from the movie. Nice work!