Reviews for Elements of Opposition
Guest chapter 9 . 12/27/2015
Yes! Go save discord!
Katherine chapter 9 . 12/17/2015
Oh, Twilight... You're making a deal with the devil and you should know better. I like Rarity's ploy much more. 'Of course we're innocent!' *batting eyelashes,* will at least make them care, if not respect her; let their guard down and all.

It's like realpolitik vs. seeing someone familiar. Twilight should have steeled herself for exactly this. She knew she was going to a 'crapsack world', after all Discord wrote... on his own skin, with blood and such. You don't just *trust* people who put anyone in that position. I hope she's cunning enough to realize she has to play along until she can get them all out.

As for Fluttershy... I love it. She didn't just go in hating, she went in looking for evidence that she is not Fluttercruel, deep down, and boy did she find it. Tiny restraints? -shudder- She started hating much harder after the evidence.

I loved the evil one ending tied up with her own super nasty whip thingie. Pegasi ftw in Ponyville, unicorns ftw in Canterlot... Just hopefully the right ones.

I want to think any spell on Discord's magic restraints will be able to be worked by the normal Fluttershy. I don't pity the ones who will have to deal with him free, at this point.

Even evil!Fluttershy ... The fact that she's crying and scared in most of the first pictures shows that Discord broke her down, she DID fight it. But not enough. It's an all or nothing deal, and that gets you tied to a tree with a nasty whip rope. It's just natural to expect that consequence. (Snicker) okay, I might be evil, but I often like to say, 'I have sympathy for the devil, but none for an idiot who trusts him, knowing what he is.' And Fluttercruel & co. are the effing devil. (not literally).
Sabrina chapter 9 . 12/13/2015
Poor Fluttershy! And poor discord! T_T I can't wait for the next one
Animekitty47 chapter 9 . 12/13/2015
Aaah, the eternal question of the fandom: Does Rarity taste like a marshmallow?

So many good passages, the scene with Twilight and Celestia was very well done, the way Rainbow beat her counterpart, poor lost Oppositionland Spike, anything with either Pinkie in it, Discord refusing to believe Spike (though considering that Starlight Glimmer, alone, could fight her to a draw, I suppose he would overestimate the resident bookworm's ability to use all that power in the most battle-worthy way).

It's impossible to pick a favorite scene, but since 'emotional impact' is pretty good criteria...Myself, I'm very much a Fluttershy and the part were she goes from ephemerally *knowing* something happened to starting to gut-level *understand* it...and her beautifully written subsequent rage...and, in end, mastering it and not sinking to that level...aside from killing an innocent tree, anyway. ;) Yes, for this chapter, Fluttershy wins best pony. :D
Shadow chapter 9 . 12/13/2015
Oh man, way to go Fluttershy! Holy crap this chapter was really good!
Torto chapter 8 . 10/18/2015
DONT kill discord! This is a great story, but PLEASE DONT KILL HIM!
Cow chapter 8 . 10/17/2015
Update! This is really good!
Julian the Dreamer chapter 2 . 9/12/2015
Well, just now I remembered to review one of your works :D
FIrst of all, I want to say that I deeply admire your stories about Discord; they are so good and deep and believable; you manage to expand the characters and include aspects that a children's cartoon wouldn't include, while keeping their essence.
Honestly, you inspire to write my own fanfics of MLP.
One question (well, two); Does Luna knows what Discord is going through? And (if you can tell me) how does she feel and thinks about it, if she knows? In your stories she is no longer fond of him, so that leaves me with that doubt.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/25/2015
Fluttershy MUST save everypony!
rndomfan chapter 8 . 7/3/2015
I was wondering what was up when Discord was back to his casual and witty banter, I NEVER saw all of this coming. I love this "Matrisse" entity that you introduced. I can't wait to see what happens next with Fluttershy, the GOOD one, and how they mane 6 are going to get out of this one (I have a feeling I can't include Discord in this, as much as it pains me). Very good story, keep it up!
V.S chapter 8 . 7/1/2015
is why you don't underestimate Discord. Or rather, be stupid and not think about monsters coming from another dimension
Alara Rogers chapter 8 . 6/30/2015
To the guest who posted below: Are you Animekitty? The style looks like you... did you forget to log in?

You're confusing Cadance and Chrysalis. Chrysalis eats love, Cadance manipulates and generates it. Cadance is believed to be dead, though the flickering Love symbol might suggest something different (or might suggest the upcoming rise of a new alicorn with the Love cutie mark); Chrysalis is quite alive, and is actively aiding Equestria as Celestia's ally, while feeding on Shining Armor. Shining Armor knows (believes?) Cadance is dead but has fallen in love with Chrysalis, after their relationship initially began because Chrysalis took Cadance's form for her.

Opposition Twilight isn't *quite* as badly off as Discord thinks she is... yet. Matrisse cannot feel love - Matrisse is capable of finding a certain pony's presence pleasant or unpleasant, but does not genuinely feel emotion as we understand it. It's more like a computer. Oppo Twilight still loves Celestia, and that is probably the only thing keeping her from being entirely consumed by the Diadem. (Which isn't all of Matrisse, either; Matrisse was complex enough to understand the need for balance, for most of its existence. It probably went insane and decided to destroy magic, requiring Discord to smash it and scatter the pieces, because Discord cut it off from the Tree of Harmony.)

Order wouldn't necessarily use a palindrome if it can use multiple meanings. :-) The word Matrisse is simultaneously derived from "matrix", "mater" (aka, mother in Latin, the same language we get draconequus from so it clearly exists in the pony world) and "maitre", French for Master.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
An update on my most favorite of your various utterly awesome stories so soon? *happiness overload* *faints*

Wait, Cadence is dead? Then why was the Love mark still flickering? Hmmm, I *thought* you'd mentioned that Cadence had offered to eat Celestia's love for Luna, by being Luna until there was nothing left for her to eat, and that she was doing that for Shining. But then when Fluttershy saw the Tree, I thought I got Shining and Cadence mixed up...

The Cold Ones and the fate Discord wants for this world is impressive indeed.

I see he had to eat the chaos devours crystals again, which he didn't seem to notice in the drink, but which were recognizably crystals in the vomit. Merely because he knew about them, or because- oh, of course. He sent the letter in the first place because even though he can not access his Chaos nature without orders and is rendered little more than a mortal draconequus, inside him has a stronger connection to since-his-choice-inherent Chaos Avatar-ness, that's how he sent the letter in the first place. Enough to activate the crystals, it seems. Though Discord thinks he's going to die and doesn't know about the others, so he thinks it won't matter, and of course needs to hide the evidence that he was...what's the phrase? Metaphorically true? No, lie of omission. Yes, that's it.

Matrisse/Twi's obession with alicornism was well done, and that "might as well have commited" suicide line suitably horrifying. This Twilight can not become an Alicorn, not because she no longer believes in friendship, or will commit suicide if Matrisse is removed and normal Twilight can still remember all she's done, but because Matrisse sounds like the only thing powering that body now, and if it is removed Opposition!Twilight will drop dead, because she's not Twilight anymore, just Matrisse wearing Twilight-colored glasses. Must not make rose-colored lenses vs Purple Pony joke, must...not...

My extremely obvious guesses as to where this is going next:
a) Rainbow Dash will rescue Twilight. Wait, maybe Twi will talk Celestia down? She's still Celestia, not corrupted by corrupted Elements or Matrisse, albeit lost in the depths of depression...ok, back to my first guess.
b) Fluttershy and Fluttercruel will have some sort of confrontation, and the Definitely Not a Whip contents of the Fluttercruel's bag will spill out at some point, and Fluttershy will snap.

Oh, and while Matrisse is an appropriately fantasy and crystal sort of name, wouldn't Order use a palindrome? ;)

*goes to your livejournal*

Hmm, that fat-shaming post makes me wonder if you are already working on the follow-up to this fic...

No, don't go to worldbuilding hell! Your worldbuilding is awesome and not Hell-worthy! Far, far too good for Hell!

Though your "Not Really Awake" nightmare sounded terrifying, and the fact that its recurring? I hope its still not bothering you...

*cries all over your "For All the People with Depression" post* Yes, liter-literally cr-crying.*hugs you*
Yo chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
Just... Please Don't kill Discord. You like hurt and comfort, right? EVERYONE likes hurt and comfort! You can't comfort a corpse. Whatever you do, don't kill Discord. Please Alara... *sobbing* MY ABAY OH GOD
ShadowKatt7 chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
Oh my god, that's the coolest plan I've ever heard. This is gonna be amazing.
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »