Reviews for What Hasn't Changed
Father of Understanding chapter 1 . 5/24/2016
THANK YOU! It drives me insane that this happens. People have died for us. The least we can do is stand up and shut up for a minute.
Nibbles the Chicken chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
FYI, the Pledge Capt. America would've said in school-cause it was in use from 1924 to 1954-read: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one Nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all." (He went into the ice in '43. He probably habitually leaves 'Under God' out, which amuses me.)

And until 1931, "My Country, Tis of Thee" was the de facto national anthem... Though the "Star Spangled Banner" has been played at baseball games since the 1918 world series. (Coincidentally, the year Steve Rogers was born.)

I know he demands for others to respect soldiers (the scene in the movie theater with the news reel) but wonder how much respect Steve Rogers would actually have in our modern patriotic pomp, especially since he's seen the inside of the propaganda machine that created it, and since it wasn't drilled into him as a child like it was for us. Anyway, sorry for the history lesson.
Bradley Cude chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Steve may look like he's 25, but sometimes he acts like he's 90.