Reviews for Compassion Holding its Breath
CmeClearLee chapter 1 . 5/29
i hadn't realized this story wasn't finished, but even as an incomplete fic, it's still an excellent read. you have forever changed my perception of these characters. i have to make the token request for you to complete this story. Pleeease! i know it's been 4 years but a girl can dream...and favorite, follow and stalk your profile. Seriously though, you have a gift. Thank you for the portion that you have shared with us.
CmeClearLee chapter 3 . 5/29
i am loving this story so much. so many stories claim to be 'an adult re-telling' but then only succeed in adding cussing and sex. i love the back story. it adds so much depth to otherwise shallow character biographies. i hardly ever review untill the end but i had to pause and show some appreciation. Thank you! now i need to jump back into it.
honestly? This is weird. Everyone is TOO involved in Edward and bellas relationship. bella is too pathetic and needy. She has prophetic dreams about Edward...so dumb... on top of all that, its boring.
I really don't care for how structured their meeting is. Having it fucking orchestrated by his family like that? Its just fucking intrusive. And really, I doubt that fate would render itself useless only to rely on a worthless meddling annoying shopaholic busy body.
This doesn't flow very clearly does it?
missmelly chapter 8 . 3/19
I hope this finds you and finds you well. I just re-read your astonishing story, and want to reiterate how amazing I think it is—even unfinished, it makes so much sense—it is what Next Generation was to Star Trek. I am so glad I had the great good luck to stumble on it all those years ago, and thank you for leaving it up for me to marvel at again. Even incomplete, it is so much better than the actual books!
Spawn chapter 9 . 2/7
Please come back. Sobs.
Spawn chapter 9 . 1/3
Please come back and continue this story. I miss it.
Spawn chapter 9 . 11/1/2017
I'm still hoping chapter 10 will show up soon.
A chapter 7 . 10/4/2017
After chapter 7 I don't think I want to read anymore of this. Bella is so fucking weak that she needs a pack of cullens to grow some balls and stand up for herself?

Lauran tipped that shake super fucking slow and bella didn't even move out of the way! And your retaliation is to have lauran pee on herself? This is just getting so fucking childish. Which is strange since I'm sure it says "this is a grown ups twilight" No, its not. THIS IS THE KIDS TWILIGHT.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/3/2017
I feel like all 6 chapters are the set up to the story but not the actual story, does that make sense? And holy shit the set up goes on and on and on. They beat each dead horse till theres nothing left to beat!
Guest chapter 4 . 10/1/2017
There is so much unnecessary information here that it gets rather boring.

I don't really care for bellas future seeing abilities...I feel like alice already has that...do its old hat. I know it will change when she does though...I also don't like that shes human and has a gift. Shes gifted and yet absolutely ungifted.

I wonder why her life has made her such a coward, yes i've read about her upbringing and it seems that it could have been MUCH worse. If I had all day and if I thought anyone would give a shit id tell you a story of a life...and a girl that DIDNT grow up to be a fucking victim and didn't need to be saved by anyone.

A lot of people here on fanfic seem to forget that living a hard life breeds hard people NOT victims, typically. They want a bella that is vulnerable, weak, scared, and in need of saving. So they make this past that was "hard." And a "hard life" is relative to the person reading it. While I don't think she had it that bad because of my own life, some will think its horrible because of theirs in comparison.

Either way it would be nice to see Bella as vulnerable without the bullshit. She doesn't need this ridiculous past to be vulnerable. The whole no one has ever shown her kindness thing it so used up and so absolutely ridiculous considering how many people there are in the world with hero complexes. I have one. If I say someone being treated the way she was at school, I would have fixed it for her and I find it unlikely that NO ONE at school did, in an entire month!

I bet you could take on a lauran Mallory and not break a sweat, just like most of us.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/1/2017
pretty funny that they can plan for bella but not for the vase getting broken...that's some flawed shit writer!

And I want to kick alices stupid ass for stealing the bedroom of someone she didn't even know. if she saw that it was ok to take his room she could have moved his shit to the attic and not dumped it in a pile in the garage! What a nasty cunt.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2017
ER bills for falling on her ass? HUH?

This whole first chapter is just dumb as shit. First off if shes so fucking ugly that EVERYONE makes fun of her, why would Edward want her?
Why doesn't she stick up for herself AT ALL?
Whats with the human having "gifts?" I fucking hate that.

And she can hear Edward in her head? WHY? Not why but WHY, what the fuck does that add to the story? nothing!

Sorry, I kinda hate this story and ive only read the first chapter.
Spawn chapter 9 . 9/24/2017
Please come back. There's so much potential for this story.