Reviews for Compassion Holding its Breath
Spawn chapter 9 . 8/4
I'm still missing this story.
wantonlytoread chapter 9 . 7/12
This is an amazingly intelligent and highly intuitive tale.
You have woven a story that so succinctly tells the story and motivation of each character.
You should take up writing? I can only hope that you will gift us with a completed fic. I often reread this story.
Sadly I couldn't log in tonight but I just had to leave you a few lines to acknowledge these wonderful 9 chapters.
Oh man i actually whimpered out loud when i got to this last posted chapter!

This is a brilliant fic that is giving a little more depth and realism to the pre-exisiting but shallow characters in the books!

I reallyreallyreally hope you eventually finish this!

love
miawolf
Spawn chapter 9 . 6/28
I'm still holding out hope that someday you'll continue this story.
kms24 chapter 9 . 5/31
Oh my gosh this is so good, I hope you come back to this story, it deserves to be told!
Damn, this is bloody fantastic (no pun originally intended, but then- why not?)
Anyway, can't wait to read more :) thanks for writing.
Spawn chapter 9 . 5/28
I know that you probably have a very busy life but please think about updating this wonderful story. That it sit here abandoned is a tragedy.
fatpotatoe chapter 5 . 5/6
It's a lot of work to be Edward. It's like studying the mcat, training for the olympics. or fighting cancer.
Spawn chapter 9 . 4/17
Still hoping to see an update in the future.
scarlet5 chapter 9 . 4/3
Great character insight. Wish there was more!
Spawn chapter 9 . 3/7
I would really love to see Bella bonding with her new parents and family. Please consider updating this great story. It's too good to lay dormant.
Spawn chapter 9 . 2/8
I'm still hoping that someday you'll continue this amazing story.
Eh Bien chapter 9 . 1/21
Very well done, but I'm disappointed to see no updates in so long. This story is much too good to leave unfinished. I hope you intend to return to it one day and complete it.
Eh Bien chapter 4 . 1/21
This really is a grown-up Twilight. It's as if you pulled the lid off the young-adult story and showed what was underneath. The gruff but nominally affectionate Charlie in the original novels could easily be a cleaned up version of your much less parental Charlie; just as the sweet but scatter-brained Renee could be a nicer, YA-friendly version of your negligent, disturbed Renee. Bella's annoying but basically decent schoolmates have been replaced with the unfortunately all-too realistic high school bullies, with clumsy and withdrawn Bella the obvious target of their sadism.
I love it.
I also like the way Bella's intuition and perceptiveness has been enhanced, allowing her to see what others do not. It seems as if she is homing in on her new family more efficiently because her current place is so inadequate.
Also, I love the way you've amped up Alice's personality, taking the original character to its logical and rather manic conclusion. She's hilarious and slightly scary.
The vampires themselves are also more darkly vampiric than the Twilight stories allowed them to be.
All in all, the story is just what it was described as: Twilight for grown ups. Excellent.
Eh Bien chapter 1 . 1/20
I just came across this by chance, and was intrigued by the idea of a more adult version of Twilight. The first chapter is promising. I like your writing style, and your sarcasm; and I like the darker portrait of Forks High School. A good beginning.