Reviews for Son of the Western Sea
Spirit Of The Black Wolf chapter 3 . 4/21
Fantastic story it sad it not finished but it still a good read I love the part of him finding firefly and his connection to it. It would be interesting if the ship was sentient but was not connected to the greek world but to an ancient being that is long forgotten that ruled all of the sea before deities and gods and in a last ditch attempt to not fade it became a the ship and only the worthy may sail that why Poseidon did not feel percy fix her. but just because she is a ship doesn't mean that she is weak she is still just as powerful when she ruled the sea. Have the frends he's made bestowed blessings on him will they come to help him when he needs it?
AmericanOperator chapter 3 . 4/13
I can't put into words how incredible your writing style is is I absolutey love it. The structure of the story based on time jumps is really unique and I think you've done an incredible job with this story so far. i can't wait to see where it goes!
DP-Observant69 chapter 3 . 3/27
It's so painful that something so unique and interesting won't get another update ever again. Fanfictions with more than three pantheons, complete with personalities that sound realistic and being lore-friendly to their respective myths are so rare.
thaxes99 chapter 3 . 2/13
Finished, have an even higher opinion of this story now. Absolutely phenomenal, I'm going to be thinking about this one for a long, long time
thaxes99 chapter 1 . 2/13
Words cannot describe my heartbreak at seeing the last update occurred in 2014. I will be referring back to this fic frequently when I tire of the horrid grammar and plots of most other pjo fics.
Sincerely praying to all nine muses that you decide to come back to this story, one day.

Absolutely, hands down, best fanfiction I've read that didn't throw in OC's (I don't count mythological figures, since they're not technically original). Wish I could've gotten to hear more about Percy wrecking the Japanese underworld, but this style was amazing even without all the action
Seablue21 chapter 3 . 1/28
This is incredible, and the only Percy Jackson FanFiction that I have ever really loved, respected, and craved. I love how you have incorporated the gods and legends from cultures all throughout the world, and that Percy's main romantic relationship is with Japanese gods. Yay for diversity! Your writing is captivating too, as is the going back and forth between present and past. I actually really like the way you're slowly revealing his adventures for the past 5 years, instead of just having him have adventures with no clear goal or end in sight. It gives your story momentum and purpose. Excellent writing!
This is a phenomenal story, and I hope to see an update for it this year
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 2 . 12/16/2016
Just wanted to say that this is one of my all time favourites and by far the fic in PJO fandom IMO. If you ever get around to it I would love to see what happens next.
Susanoo23 chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
please update this fic, it is so good, real potential for a real fantastic storyline. You don't really see anything like this, more often than not its Percy going to join Chaos's armies and crap like that which are all repetitive, and just horrible.
There' a real idea here, please update or pass it on.
shyd1 chapter 3 . 11/28/2016
EEEEEEE Just reread this again! I really can't stop loving this fic!
Jade Estrella chapter 3 . 11/1/2016
Hey! I followed you from the DOS forum; the recursive thread in particular. And I was not disappointed. This story was wonderful Thankyou for writing it. I almost literally cried at the pain the Japanese gods are in.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/4/2016
ddooonnnttt door thhiiisss. update if u can, this is amazing
carwash36 chapter 3 . 9/1/2016
Nice story, can't wait to see what happens next.
cyner2u chapter 3 . 8/18/2016
This story was wonderful. I liked the (I guess I'd call it) vignette style of 'Son of the Western Sea', which called to mind the way one reads scattered stories of a god's adventures in a collected book of myths.

The characters stayed true to their backstories and the qualities assigned to them by this story in their actions.
I like Annabeth as well, but her following around Percy would have been painful to read

The use of detail is what really made this story come alive. Detailed descriptions of scenery made the story feel more real and relatable. Historical and Mythological details created a wonderful array of characters, sceneries, and stories, while being somewhat educational.

The last interaction between Percy and the two chief gods of the Japanese pantheon gave me chills. It felt like Percy was Helen of Troy made more magnificent and modern. The fact that the rest of the story (and probably the carnage) is left up to the imagination is perhaps fitting, if disappointing
naritaluv chapter 3 . 7/11/2016
god this is now my fav percy jackson fic
please update!
i would luv to see percy intermediating between the japanese n greeks in the future
anyway i cant wait to see how the olympians would react when they find out he made friends with gods from various pantheons