Reviews for Son of the Western Sea
cyner2u chapter 3 . 8/18
This story was wonderful. I liked the (I guess I'd call it) vignette style of 'Son of the Western Sea', which called to mind the way one reads scattered stories of a god's adventures in a collected book of myths.

The characters stayed true to their backstories and the qualities assigned to them by this story in their actions.
I like Annabeth as well, but her following around Percy would have been painful to read

The use of detail is what really made this story come alive. Detailed descriptions of scenery made the story feel more real and relatable. Historical and Mythological details created a wonderful array of characters, sceneries, and stories, while being somewhat educational.

The last interaction between Percy and the two chief gods of the Japanese pantheon gave me chills. It felt like Percy was Helen of Troy made more magnificent and modern. The fact that the rest of the story (and probably the carnage) is left up to the imagination is perhaps fitting, if disappointing
weaver yk chapter 3 . 7/11
god this is now my fav percy jackson fic
please update!
i would luv to see percy intermediating between the japanese n greeks in the future
anyway i cant wait to see how the olympians would react when they find out he made friends with gods from various pantheons
This is an amazing story. It would be a shame for this to not continue. We would love to see this resurrect. It's never too long. Please, come back, good sir.
I love this story. It has great detail and I can tell you have put much work and love into each chapter. The notes at the end are fun little tidbits and cool to learn. Thanks for sharing your work with everyone. I eagerly await your next update. :)
Mayflowers123 chapter 1 . 6/19
I read the description of this story and immediately went "Mwah ha ha ha" aka evil laugh.
Undying Soul98 chapter 1 . 6/11
The worst thing about this fic is that its discontinued- the best that everything else is glorious. I love the idea of Percy sailing the seas, with his trusty companion Blackjack, picking fights with the local fauna and making all sorts of interesting friends on his travels. The characterisation of the other gods is spot on, and you treat all their mythologies with respect- hell, I would love to see a canon thing like this. Rick branches off into other mythologies often nowadays, but I doubt that we'd ever be given quite so clear a crossover.

If this fic were to continue, I'd personally like to see Percy meet up with Carter again and do something Egyptian, and would also like to see what happens with the Japanese pantheon- I'm not a fan of slash, yet the threesome was actually kinda nice, and the relationship was shown in such a way that I'd definitely would have accepted it.

Still, all thats a moot point- this appears dead. Alas, this story has suffered the fates of so many others. This is my second read/review of this, and I still think its beautiful. Its just such a shame that there will be no new content to draw me back to it. Undying Soul out.
TsukiRiver chapter 3 . 6/6
Why are you such a fantastic writer? Honestly if I keep falling in love with your stories I'm going to die.
shyd1 chapter 3 . 5/26
Ugh, this has been on my mind since I first read it, and I've ended up rereading it twice already! I absolutely love the scenes where the Olympians are getting upset about Percy (goosebumps!) in their council, and the scenes with the Japanese siblings are pure awesome (they fought for 10 years over an apple...*LOL!*).
I have SO MANY FEELS! *FLAILS!*
arles48 chapter 3 . 5/25
Nice story!
Honestly indeed there seems to be a surplus of 'Percy be banished/ betrayed/ replaced..." fanfics here, and some of them are kinda unrealistic.
Although perhaps this is unnecessary, as a Chinese I still need to point out that there is one bit you have messed up Guan Yu's life. Though the author was seriously biased and hinted Cao Cao as a villian, in the 'Romance of Three Kindoms' (this translation is horrendous, romance, seriously?) he just captured Guan Yu and tried to win him to his side, offering him gold and stuff and a really nice stallion.
Even though Cao Cao treated him well, Guan Yu still broke out and returned to Liu Bei. He repayed Cao Cao by letting him go while Cao Cao's running for his life after he was deafeated in a battle. Guan Yu died way after Cao Cao's death, he was captured again by the Wu kingdom, the last one of the three kindoms other than Cao's and Liu's, and it is his very history with Cao that made his captor realise that he's always loyal to Liu regardless of how you tried, and thus he was executed.
Remarkable for a writer to mix so many myths inside your story, thanks for the story you've provided us!
shyd1 chapter 3 . 5/10
Whoa!
I couldn't stop reading this! I love the time flops, and the world building mythology info dumps, and everything!
Also I find bi-Percy just perfect. Everything is perfect!
Zeta0 chapter 2 . 5/6
This is a great fanfic
miminetjantik chapter 3 . 4/19
Why youre not update againnnnnnnnnnnnn?
This story is just pure perfection and i absolutely sure the rest of the reviewer, follower, and favoriter are soo agree with me.
Its interesting to read the interaction between percy and other world Gods. My fav part is when percy meet hercules. Dunno, but i found it funny lol.
Ah, the pain of being reader. We cant do anything except waiting. I know this is a huge favor for you, but please, an update? :D
Sorry if i sound so demanding and rude
The Elemental King of Hell chapter 2 . 4/9
i hope you'll continue this soon. Please?
ktiotns chapter 3 . 3/31
Please please please update!
Heilergott chapter 3 . 3/25
Absolutely, magnificently godly. in all honestly, I have been over 20.000 Fanfictions now and this one is definitely in the Top 20 of best stuff i have ever read.
Most people have it hard to make the gods actually believable and not to overdrawn, but you managed it just right. Amaterasu has a very good character and so does Tsukiyomi.
i would really like to see this one continued, but im affraid, that wont happen anymore. A year is a long time after all. But, very well, this is still very much worth the time to read.
It will always have a place in my heart for being an absolutely ingenious PJO-Fanfiction.
Well done. Very well done.

Greetings,