Reviews for Rockfall
kneipho chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
This is so good, it makes my mouth water. I'm going to have to follow you as a writer, now. I'm so impressed. Well done.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 7 . 2/5/2014
This was a fantastic story. Thanks for writing!
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 6 . 2/5/2014
When you described that rush of air and night, weirdly, I really felt it there. The relief, and how beautiful the stars must look.

Also, I'm imagining Saheed's voice to sound like Keith David's from "Chronicles of Riddick." Just felt like sharing.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 4 . 2/5/2014
Great chapter!

So much to love here, not sure where to start.

I loved the reference to Max, B'Elanna's academy boyfriend (who of course she'll later run into!) I like how you're going into detail about all the feelings and experiences the Maquis had. And so many chilling details, like the missing bodies of the Bolian family (and all that that implies), Seska's weeding information out of people, and Suder's witness getting "accidentally" sucked out an airlock.

I'm glad this story is complete. I hope I can finish reading it soon. (Had to take a break for a while due to a busy week.)
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 2 . 1/29/2014
Jor!

Love seeing more minor characters in on the team.

I have to ask: Is Sahreen supposed to be the Arab Maquis, who winds up becoming one of Tuvok's main security guards? Because if so, that guy has a name mentioned onscreen a few times-Ayala. But, then again, we never learn Ayala's first name, so maybe Sahreen can be it.
CrlkSeasons chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
I very much like that you are taking time to expand the Maquis world while moving your story along.
I also have to echo Delwin's comment by commending you for fleshing out such an interesting, well-rounded character in a single chapter.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
I am loving this so far! It's great to see some Maquis adventures, and well written ones too. This is well written enough to be cannon. Everyone's in character. I love how you use a diverse group of minor Maquis characters from the show, rather than just making up a bunch of human mary sues. And the way you work Seska's suspicious actions into the backgrop of this story is great too.
Delwin chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
Love the steadily building background on Nelson and the other Maquis - such great work drawing the reader in to truly care about each of these very distinctive characters and provide the textured picture of the Maquis that never made it on screen. Wonderfully done!
CrlkSeasons chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
Nice segue from B'Elanna's comment in Warhead about her leadership experience with the Maquis.
One of the things that annoyed me about that episode was watching *Ensign* Kim make decisions while *Lieutenant* Torres stepped back in a secondary role.
It's good to get a closer look at this incident, and to see B'Elanna exercising her leadership skills.
DeltaCat chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
Fascinating and tense interactions between the team members! Love all the complex characters you've created :)
DeltaCat chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Yes! What an awesome read, and the promise of 6 more chapters! I LOVE so much about this. All the detail like the outdated Bolian technology and tricorders the Maquis have to put up with and the backstory you created for Tabor. It totally pulls me into their world. And your stories capture everything I like about B'Elanna. She has self-doubt that almost cripples her, but always fights her way past it. Thanks so much for sharing :)
Delwin chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
So very, very excited to see the first installment up! I'll restrain myself from going on in too much detail on all the things that I love about this piece in order to allow readers to discover it for themselves as you post. Suffice to say, this is one of the best, if not the best Maquis stories that it has been my pleasure to read. Looking forward to enjoying it again here!