Reviews for Salvation Lost
Simitar chapter 8 . 5/9/2008
Lovin the story! update soon.
Nadz chapter 7 . 3/27/2008
Wow, so a bit of intrigue in this chapter. I had thought D-boy was fed memories of Shinya raping his sister, but it was in fact D-boy substituting for Shinya... ah, that's a double punch right there. Not only does he know that Shinya had done this to Aki, he's being made to see it from Shinya's POV... man, that's twisted...

I'm really wondering about Freeman's secret. What desperate measure does he want to take that could cost a friendship? Very interesting that he's giving Noal command, which means he may not be in a capacity to command himself... This is bringing about a very exciting possibility, and certain scenes from Missing Link are popping up in my head. Could it be that Freeman is ready to...? I'll wait until the next chappie to see where you're exactly heading with this :)

Crazy that Pegas would self-destruct. I guess it was a last resort security mechanism programmed in - that if Blade ever went bad or taken over, at least the crystal would be destroyed, preventing him from transforming. That is, unless Omega has an alternate solution up his sleeve...

Also interesting how Shinya's views on what he'd done to Aki have changed. He even described his previous actions as "madness"... I guess he realized his "power" over her was just hollow, and Omega just used it because he favored Blade? I wonder what Shinya's planning to do with her now... Another nice chapter!
Nadz chapter 6 . 3/27/2008
And the torture of D-boy's mind reaches its pinnacle... to see images of his twin brother violating the woman he loves... What makes it even more heartbreaking is the fact that in the Japanese Tekkaman Blade, D-boy cried over his brother in Ep 46 while listening to the time-capsule tape recorder. The man loves his brother, had to force himself to prepare to kill Shinya, then gets captured, is tortured with grotesque images of his sister, and now this... The fact that you converted the story to the Japanese characters really allows this angle to come out - that the brother he loves so much deep down has done this to him...

It was also nice to see that snippet of Honda's memory about Rebin (when Rebin first joined). The banter between Noal and the psychologist is fun. I think before your revision, the doctor was Star's father? So now it'll be interesting to see how this David Summers plays out... Hehe, about Noal's nationality, I had made the same mistake in Nightmare in the earlier chapters - I thought he was from the USA, but he's actually from England (revealed in the episode when the SK visit his old mansion). Forgive me for nit-picking, especially when the story is so good!

Also, to have the Hatchlings described as "strange and misshapen", it brings about an eerie feel... want to see where you head with this.
Nadz chapter 5 . 3/26/2008
Oh, the torture for D-boy! Jeez, you're getting harsh on him! Radam is really pushing him to his limits, and more... to see his sister die, then lose to Radam, then to be mentally tormented by images of her... wow, it's enough to make anyone lose it. Very chilling at the end (with Miyuki disfigured, saying "Remember me as I once was?"... a twisted twist on her final words during Teknoman)... very nice writing there!

One quick question... How come you call it Sol Tekka instead of Sol Tekkaman? Was it somewhere in the show I missed?
Nadz chapter 4 . 3/26/2008
This just sinks deeper into despair! Oh, poor D-boy, the pod playing mind games with him, probably using his very memories to torment him. You did a good job displaying the fear of Rebin and the others, knowing that Evil could strike at any moment. But also good to see Freeman have a speck of hope... Without Blade, the Space Knights are really reach out to cling to anything they can.

... And the Hatchlings? New Tekkaman, or Primary Bodies? I'm guessing new Tekkamen... which obviously is very bad news. Jeez, I wonder how Earth and the Space Knights are going to handle them. So I guess that's what Omega was waiting for - hatching new ones before finishing the planet off in one stroke?
Nadz chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Another nice chapter. It's been a while since I've read this, so I decided to re-read until I caught up with your latest release.

You really pull off the sense of bleakness quite effectively. To see even Freeman wallowing in doubt and defeat, that's really something. I'm glad that by the end of the chapter, he began to pick himself back up, ready to try again the following day. It was a nice touch for him to finish off the night in private, with his drink.

Really, poor Aki... It's a deplorable state to be in... And Shinya violating her really does keep him within his brother's shadow. He's not helping himself. Rather, he's trying to seize what is his brother's, and even at that, Aki wants nothing to do with him. He may think he's gaining "power" or feeling powerful, but such power is in fact hollow, and it will only push him further into his inferiority complex, even if he doesn't realize it consciously.

Good to see again Hun Rii being sympathetic towards Aki... my only tiny nit-pick here is that her sympathetic feelings seemed to occur too strong/sudden at first for the reader: "Sympathy swept through her like a raging torrent..." The "torrent" seems a bit too sudden, perhaps saying something like "First, there was surprise, then sympathy began to swell in her..." Good to see her feelings for Omega come in, and too bad that Omega just pretty much ignores her (but notes in his mind to probably put her feelings to use someday).

Great job, and onto the next one...
Nadz chapter 2 . 3/4/2007
Poetic... apocalyptic... bleak... You certainly have a way with storytelling, don't you? And you don't even have to go through overly long descriptions to get the vivid image across...

There's an interesting distinction between the English and Japanese version. In the English, there is innuendo between Saber and Star. In the Japanese, I'm not remembering any between Shinya and Aki (probably 'cause it's late in the night and I'm having trouble remembering!). When Aki confronts Shinya at gun-point on the Orbital Ring, Shinya begins talking about his mother and his desire to fight Blade.

So, it'll be very interesting to see how the whole Shinya/Aki thing plays out in the Japanese context you've provided here (since you revised the names from English to Japanese).

And considering that context, I bet Shinya is really annoyed with Sword that she interfered. It was his great wish to fight Blade in single combat in order to prove his own worth. Sword's interference essentially defeated Evil's entire purpose of the fight. Perhaps this is why he feels 'cheated' - not just of victory, but a chance to prove himself.

If Omega makes Blade even stronger, then that will bring out the full ire of Shinya, and his inferiority complex will skyrocket. Or on the other hand, it may give Shinya a new goal to work hard towards to beat.

Love to see how that plays into friction between Evil and Sword, or Evil and Omega. I think that by converting to the Japanese names, you've opened the door to a whole new depth of the characters (that was present in the Japanese version but was largely swept away in the English dub - I don't remember the English dub talking about Saber/Shinya's complex, which is crucial to the character!).

Well, great job as usual!
Nadz chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Long time no see! You know, I haven't visited the Teknoman page in a long time, so I had no idea you had been updating this. This revision has been long in the making, so I'm sure it will be good! Curious to see the differences between your old SL and this one. Well, enough talk, on to the first chapter!
Mommy Silver chapter 7 . 4/3/2006
Next chappie please? *jumps up and down impatiently* Next chappie please? it's just so good!
Katherine 16 chapter 5 . 11/9/2004
Hi my name is Kate and I'm Polish. I just want you to say that I love this story "SALVATION LOST"

but please write more chapters

love Kat
cardboredbox chapter 5 . 5/4/2004
STARSTARSTARSTAR!
I rilly wish you'd redo the rest of this. I miss this story.
hey, where art thou anyway? your site and everything is gone! *cries*
I miss you!
Teknomanfan chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
This is one good story.

Although it pains me to see Star suffer that much, it also makes the story special, it gives a surplus to the story.

I really hope it has a good ending
Guest chapter 5 . 11/17/2002
hi really good rewrite. too bad they got rid of the nc 17. its as great as the original. Give us more pleeeeaasseeeee. Keep writing .
Nancy aka greeneyes411 chapter 4 . 11/10/2002
I bet you'd never hear from ME again! Yes i'm still alive and semi well. Star you had written me via email and I replied back.I dont know if You got it or not. Great story Star! Dont keep us in suspense for long! I've always been a fan of the more darker side of Tekkaman and especially dealing with Star and Saber. Not saying I"m not a fan of Slade and Star. They'll always be my favorite! I just wanted to review and let you know you're doing excellent work! Keep it up. And I HAVE been writing. In fact I have a few works I'm in the process of writing. I'm a bit apprehensive about posting again after that plagerisim bit. Heres a word of advice to anybody thinking about stealing other peoples work. DONT. They say imitation is a form of flattery but blatantly stealing another persons hard work is a different thing entirely. Please-if you like what somebody wrote and it suddenly gave you a great story idea then get in contact with the author and work together.

With that said-Good job Star and thanks for letting me use you're review for a forum of sorts:)
cardboredbox chapter 4 . 11/3/2002
YAAAH! Cain's a Bastard! ...! *ears steam* An' Poor Katherine. It's good, at least, that she feels remorse for what Cain's done.