Reviews for Pokemon Origins: Orange Islands
Warrior Cat Cody chapter 2 . 3/13/2014
Wow...a Pidgeotto beaten by a Bellsprout. I didn't see that one coming.

But seriously, this is doing good so far. I like it; it's like the Gold and Silver games in anime/FanFiction form.

Keep up the awesome work!
Farla chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Dialogue is written as "Hello," she said or "Hello!" she said, never "Hello." She said or "Hello." she said or "Hello," She said or "Hello" she said. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn't contain a speech verb, in which case it's written as "Hello." She grinned, never "Hello," she grinned or "Hello," She grinned. Note that something isn't a speech verb just because it's a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like laughed or giggled is in the second category. Furthermore, if you're breaking up two complete sentences it's "Hi," she said. "This is it." not "Hi," she said, "this is it." or "Hi," she said "this is it." or "Hi," she said "This is it." And if you're breaking up a sentence in the middle, it's "Hi. This," she said, "is it." Also, remember that generally "said" is the best speech verb to use, and even more importantly, "stated" is not.

You wouldn't capitalize animal or mouse or dragon, so you shouldn't capitalize words like pokemon or pikachu or charizard. The only time you should capitalize it is if you're using it as the pokemon's name, ie, Ash's pikachu is called Pikachu. This is because you only capitalize when it's a proper noun, which are the names of places or things. Similar reasoning should be applied to any other words you're thinking of capitalizing, like telephone or trainer. Or professor.

["How is the quest to capture Mew going?" asked Professor Oak.
"Not that great. I haven't been able to find Mew." answered Red, clearly disappointed.
"Well, I have some news that might help you." replied Professor Oak, "I'm sure you recall, Silph Co. was working on a Master Ball that could capture Pokemon without fail."]

Yes, having a masterball will sure help with the problem of not being able to find it.

And now it's speeding through the anime plot for the sake of poorly described pointless battles.
Sai Og Sus chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
This is good! Hope you made the Gold/Silver series. I wonder how Red feel when he challenged Ethan.
Warrior Cat Cody chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
I liked it! Especially with Mew letting itself be captured by Red. And how he met Missingno...but I don't wanna see Missingno! Sorry about that.

What do you think Red will do next? He's seen and caught all the Kanto Pokemon...what do you think will happen after the Orange island? But still, I like this story, and I'm happy you made it!

Keep up the awesome work!
Dario Flaman chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Fantastic..just...fantastic,i was also very happy when i watched Origins,and now..Red's finished his quest for the Kanto pokedex..so perfect...Great Job!