Reviews for What Lurks in Man
Guest chapter 9 . 10/8/2015
i like the end...that they called an end to the work that hurt them both in some way and go on a vacation...and looking for new Jobs that they both can be happy but nothing to do with death tleast for the next time.. that was a good idea...and that they got away from this freaky doctor...that hurt willson...i hope he got fired by the clinic for what he did to his patients...
i think this is the best way to Keep house away from the pills and a bit more at ease, and willson more relaxed and happy and away from relationships with women...
Mirage chapter 3 . 10/8/2015
i would have thought, that House after seeing Willson like this would break down Medinas door and have a nice Chat with him...or breaking his mind...Medina seems like a real ass...to attack poor willson like this...
kei-angelus chapter 5 . 6/19/2015
I am sure I grinned too wide when I read the end of this chapter :)
I am now reading the 7th chapter but decided to write a review for this one instead because of the ending :)
When I found this story, I didn't think it would be dark. Maybe I expected what House expected there, that Wilson really just had faked everything.
Anyway, I like how good you've written the story!
guest chapter 9 . 3/24/2015
So I know you finished this story a year ago and I just now found it... I wanted to say this is a beautiful heart breaking wonderful story how you made it so human.. keep on writing
logarhythm chapter 9 . 2/20/2015
This was... Wow, there aren't the right words, really. I just loved it from start to finish, and even though it actually pained me to read parts of this, I couldn't stop. It's so difficult to find fics like this. I've read some of your other fics too, the A:tLA ones, and they had the same tone and atmosphere and focus that I just love. I think people can seriously undervalue friendship, and it's really amazing to find fics like this one. And on top of all that, everything is so well-written! The chapters are just right, and the stories are never too short and feel unsatisfactory or too long and get boring. (I guess this has sort of turned into a review of your fics in general... I'll get back on topic.) I love the friendship between House and Wilson, however twisted it might be, and I love how you've portrayed both the heartwarming and tragic aspects of their relationship here, and still managed to have such a nice ending acknowledging their flaws and trying to overcome them. And I agree with you about the need for a resolution after the end of the show. It ended in true House fashion, I guess. But that's why I'm here, to find the resolution. And I definitely got it. c: So basically, that was all unnecessarily long-winded and I'm really sorry, but I just wanted to thank you for writing such amazing stories (even if I've found them quite late).
deathnoteno1fan-codegeasslover chapter 9 . 1/6/2015
Wow,this was great. Really liked totally wanted the same but it is House.
Yakarin chapter 9 . 4/20/2014
This... has definitely been one of the best and most intense fanfics I have ever read. I think you exceded with the psychological background of both of them; House's aggressive and sick thoughts through Amber were very cruel but fitting to what we saw in the show, and even when you explored a slightly more damaged Wilson, you perfectly portrayed the way his self doubts, traumas and guilt could lead him to act if he got totally broken. I relate a lot with him (I do think he is almost a textbook INFJ), so it was funny that sometimes it hurt what Medina and House told him, but I could definitely see why they attacked him in that way and why he would have all that self doubt and loath emerge. I also thought very important that you mentioned he kept thinking how easy it had been for everyone to accept he was damaged despite all the years he had done an immaculate job and been there for everyone; how Cuddy expected him to take care of House and do ultimate sacrifices for him while it would seem like nobody would do them for him (like saving his job for when he returned), that he felt like he hadn't tried hard enough and that's why everyone left. I just think it was very intense and sweet, poor Wilson. I want to believe that in the last chapter Cuddy meant that both of their jobs were waiting for them and not only House's though, I mean, after all, either if they returned or not, Cuddy did held Wilson in high esteem too.

The only thing I regret is that this magnificent story is over, I wish you would have developed the reconciliation a bit more and give Wilson and actual chance to receive an actual apology from house hehe. To see how they rebuilt their friendship after "Amber" provoqued House to attack Wilson over and over during his fragility. So... here's a tiny plea for you to perhaps write a second part, maybe a one shot? You don't have to do it, but I'd love to read that one.
awesomeperson chapter 9 . 4/13/2014
that was so sweet...why isn't this an episode?!
lisca chapter 9 . 2/21/2014
this is one of the best story ever! I'm not that much into House fanfictions, even though I'm a huge fan of the show, so this is one of my first. I will definitely read some more!
I love the relationship between House and Wilson here, you really pictured the characters well.
Great job! :D
Betz88 chapter 9 . 2/20/2014
You either have a definitive medical background (with shades of psychology), or you have done volumes and volumes of research.
At any rate, "What Lurks in Man" has only one glaring fault with me. The grammar, spelling and punctuation is distracting and careless. Please reedit this story and post it again.
The story itself is intense and compelling. You have a beautiful knack for a turn of phrase which is more professional than amateur.
You have portrayed the characters in true canon fashion, and the story held my interest from your first word to your last.
I have loved Gregory House and James Wilson since the pilot where they walked into the scene together, all the way to the finale where they rode their bikes OUT of the scene together.
You kept them in character beautifully.
Sincerely,
BF;)
red2013 chapter 9 . 2/10/2014
Great ending to your story. A great story to your story.
Namasteyo chapter 9 . 2/9/2014
I did think this ending was a bit rushed, considering the slower buildup in the previous chapters. I really didn't want it to end so soon - which is a good thing! Anyway, I enjoyed this story a lot. It was an interesting concept, and I loved how you explored both characters' troubled sides. I also like that they're both leaving PPTH, and starting over, but the ending is not neat and 'happy.'
LookingForChemistry chapter 9 . 2/8/2014
I jumped from chapter 5 to here. The horror and darkness of mayfield got too much for me.

This had serious potential for turning into something like shutter island and one flew over the cuckoos nest. Which would have been really cool - but I wouldn't have read it. Haha
LookingForChemistry chapter 2 . 2/8/2014
I loved the line where it says House could finally breathe because Wilson was in the building. It really makes the feeling he experienced, that release of tension when you have a familiar and loved presence nearby, perceptible.
MAL chapter 9 . 2/7/2014
Wow. I enjoied this fi, very much. I really liked the end.