Reviews for Between Battles
Charis77 chapter 1 . 11/21/2017
Love it! Fun fill in the gap that made me giggle.
MsMiniMerlin chapter 1 . 11/4/2017
Awesome! I wounder how it really did happen though, and why Merlin instead of a real knight? I thought it was so they'd have more knights to attack, but to be honest Merlin still had to fight anyway, so that can't be it. Funny though, and sweet, I'm sure when that axe flew at Merlin Arthur's heart just stopped!
ninagayler chapter 1 . 7/28/2017
Wonderful needed background for the episode.
FreyaMyth10 chapter 1 . 7/18/2017
Oh Arthur -tsk-tsk-tsk-
How you under estimate Merlin
musicalgirl4474 chapter 1 . 6/6/2016
I just recently watched this episode, and I just want to say, THANK YOU for writing this! It's a beautiful little piece that actually explains why the the whole freaking world Arthur would put Merlin in harm's way like that.
LiveAndLetRain chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
*sigh*
Oh boys! How we love thee and thy obliviousness.
I can just see the knights' faces when Merlin out-runs them all.
He does have to do a fair bit of running to help Gaius, save Arthur, do his chores, and save Camelot all in one day.
wryter501 chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
loved this! just last night thought about that ep and how it started and went, how did they pick merlin to be the decoy? had half a thought to someday do a one-shot of what happened before, but this is great - and now i don't have to!
Nance chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Fantastic piece. Great characterization. Loved the end paragraph with Merlin's grumbling. Really enjoyed reading this.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Merlin is obviously much faster than anyone of them suspected. Even having not seen this episode, it was fun.
Val-Creative chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Worrying!Arthur but stubborn and not afraid to admit it to himself-that's really cute. :3 Thank you for the hidden scene. Now it's part of my headcanon collection.
Katerina Riley chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Cute! It's too bad they didn't actually show this; it would've been awesome!
Ilovethrstorys chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
It's really fun and funny. You capture both Arthur and Merlin pretty well. Thanks for posting.
Veilwuarrah chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
I always did think it was Arthur's idea. He usually has lots of ideas, that usually irk our warlock. Some tend to be JUST to irk the warlock..Like that ceremonial hat he made Merlin wear.
Either way, a neat take on how Merlin ended up being chased by Caerleon's men wearing a knight's cape and chain-mail. Nicely done! ;)
mersan123 chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Hey caldera,
Nice little one shot and up to your usual standards (which are always so high). Just love to see Merlin pull one over the knights and Arthur - especially as they seem to think him so weak and helpless.
Great giggle, thank you so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Lol. Well done. That was really good and entertaining.