Reviews for Good Troll Hunting
PuterPatty chapter 8 . 11/27/2002
I'm glad you posted anyway even without the comments. I've been waiting for this update.

Love the four friends telling stories of their childhood misdemeanors. Hilarious! LOL that Arwen's own escpades surprised Aragorn.

Yikes, Poor Nifael. I hope Legolas finds him soon. But then those orcs are still out there...Yikes, I hope Legolas doesn't run into trouble.

Write On!
Kal the Magnificent chapter 8 . 11/26/2002
This is good! Noooooooooo, you can't kill Nifael! That would make me cry. Sooooo much foreshadowing, I love it! Would leave a longer review, but my brain isn't really functioning right now (just got off on Thanksgiving break), but I love your writing!

Hugs and Cookies )
arabella thorne chapter 8 . 11/26/2002
oooh poor Nifael! Thank goodness the orcs threw away thr message...ahh but what does it say! and will Nifael be found before he succumbs to no doubt poisoned arrow!
TreeHugger chapter 8 . 11/26/2002
JAY! JAY! I usually write the review as I read, but I didn't this time, and look what you did! JAY! I cannot believe what you did to Nifael! NO NO NO NO NO NO! Valar! This chapter was so fun, and I was smiling and laughing and then - WHAM! Oh, Jay! Please do not let another one die! Please! I really like Nifael! How can you kill him! I know he isn't dead yet, so there is still hope, but please don't let him die! OR get tortured by those Orcs! That is just so horrid, and knowing how easily you kill your characters off I am very afraid! Please don't kill Nifael! I have totally forgotten the funny stories the twins, Legolas, and Aragorn were telling. The first part was SO FUN, but you shot Nifael! Is this the reaction you wanted? Valar! I can't believe it! Okay, I am shutting up, I have already startled the children with my shocked groan and shrieking "Not another one! She can't kill another one!" Please, please do not kill that sweet silly Elf. I couldn't stand it! And you left him laying in the cold rain! JAY!

Elenath sila erin le! :(
koala chapter 7 . 11/22/2002
impatiently awaiting the next chapter!
Earl Grey chapter 7 . 11/20/2002
Just have to let you know that I've read all your stories and have just finished updating myself with this one.

I'm really enjoying them. You have a good mix of humour, suspense, action and angst and the stoy moves along well without losing any of those things.

Asfaloth? So that's how she gets his horse - I laughed and laughed at the mention of skippy. Grew up with skippy, on T.V and out in the paddock. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
ccg chapter 7 . 11/20/2002
"There was a servant here, she looked terrified every time she had to speak to me!"

Loved that line and the reference to the movie in the last chapter! :) Elrond's right.. it's not the last time she "borrows" Asfaloth.

These last 2 chapters were great! Glad to see Legolas facing his fear of caves.

So, all the Trolls are dealt with, what's going to happen now?

Nice to hear you might write a story with Ashia in it.:)
koala chapter 7 . 11/19/2002
First of all: love your stories, great writing stile!

I just got one question: why do weapons have no effect on the trolls, exept when shooting it in the throat? Didnt Frodo wound the cave- troll in Moria with Sting (stabbing it in the food or something)?

Looking forward to your next post, hopefully some more teasing bewteen the twins, Arwen, Aragorn and Legolas!
PuterPatty chapter 7 . 11/17/2002
Nifael is hilarious. "'my Lording' me all the time!" I'm sure Legolas would be quite annoyed with that.

LOL-so it was Arwen's turn to be in danger! Should have seen that coming. I liked Aragorn muttering to the troll to yell at him; that was funny. And hilarious that Arwen and Legolas were oblivious that they were leaning against a troll. And loved Legolas throwing back to the twins that they didn't notice it was a troll either.

I'm super happy to see the fun doesn't end here. Yay for more chapters. And you definitely should write about Ashia. You can't tease me like that.
arabella thorne chapter 7 . 11/17/2002
Excellent ending! Qyuite enjoyed the idea that they were leaning gainst a troll talking!

Very good!
TreeHugger chapter 7 . 11/17/2002
Oh the woes of having servants...*smirk* The poor girl must not have known what to think when Elrohir tried to flirt with her. I see you packed Nifael off to Mirkwood. I hope we see more of him later. He may be an annoyance, but he is a fun character...you aren't going to let anything kill him on the way back to or through Mirkwood are you? Please do not!

LOL to Glorfindel looking thin-lipped. He has a reason. ;0 Having one's horse stolen would not be a fun thing!

I was reading along here when Legolas got up from where he and Arwen were leaning against the "rock", Legolas telling about the Battle of Five Armies. When Legolas got up to give Elladan's knife and the rock moved - I gasped. How clever and ingenious of you! BRAVO! That was wonderful! I never saw it coming! I love it when writer's suprise you! WooHoo(c. Celeborn) for you! :)

I loved Aragorn's bravado: "Don't just growl at me, you brute, roar!" Love it! Also loved Aragorn and Arwen shooting it in the throat! "We did it! We did it!" LOL I really like your portrayal of our favorite Ranger here. :) He seems young and enthusiastic! LOVE IT! Also I love the little dig that LEgolas uses to get back at Elladan and Elrohir: "Didn't either of you notice it was a Troll?" Guess noone did! LOL

So Elrond knows how to throw a celebration, too! I am glad to hear that! But what is this? Now they want to go look at more Trolls? LOL Of course they do! I wonder what this will lead to! Can't wait!

Elenath sila erin le!
Soledad chapter 7 . 11/17/2002
The bad thing with is hat good stories get so easily overlooked. But at least I'm here now. :) I've been looking for a story with trolls for Ages - they are not appreciated enough as monsters. Well, after seeing that one in the movie, I'm not surprised, actually.

Anyway, I like your story very much: the interaction between Legolas, Aragorn and the twins is entertaining, and your descriptions impress the hell out of me. Now I'll have to go and check out the rest of your stuff. :)
HaloGatomon chapter 6 . 11/11/2002
Darn, definately should've found this fic ages ago *bangs head on her desk mumbling about how she always finds excellent fics when they are nearing the end* That seems to be my typical luck, lol. A very excellent story so far! Yay! Heroic Legolas! *grins happily* I'm very looking forward to seeing what happens next!
RainyDayz chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Oh, this is wonderful! What a perfect cliffhanger! I do hope he will be all right. I am off to the next chapter.

Azalea
arabella thorne chapter 6 . 11/9/2002
Ahhh...alll are rescued..thank Illuvatar...and nobody got mangled! How nice!

But there is still that one troll...
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »