Reviews for Good Troll Hunting
Analorien chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
Please continue. This is one of the best stories I have seen lately. I like your descriptions.
JastaElf chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
Jay, this is just fine. (grin) Another good rousing tale from you! The writing is most excellent, the characterizations spot-on (I just love the way the Twins and Legolas mangle each others' names on purpose...) and the way you meld things with the bookverse is just grand. Well done you!

I like Legolas' horse, and am glad you did not permanently injure him. I have a horse of my own, named Jasper, and I know how I would feel if HE got washed away!

And I can just picture Thranduil and Elrond standing there, hands on hips, watching their scapegrace sons come home... (wry grin) Been there, done that, from both perspectives! Elves will be Elves... or is that Elflings will be Elflings? Ai, nin anu-henedellin! The pothers they get up to, I swear...

Anyway, the fight with the trolls is also quite well done, you do battles very well, you know! And what an evil place to leave it! Please update soon!
ccg chapter 2 . 10/17/2002
A new story! Yay!

Great job on "Mission to Dul-Goldor". I'm sorry I'm rather late in reviewing, I was away from the computer for a while and I'm just starting to catch up. :)

First thing I have to say about this story: You have the twin sons of Elrond! Woo hoo! I love those two Elves!

The story's started out well, the part with Arwen and Legolas made me giggle. Poor Aragorn! ;)

Hope you had fun in London! :D
TreeHugger chapter 2 . 10/13/2002
I hope your weekend in London with a bunch of children (aged as my own and their friends are, so I know what that is like)was a lot of fun! I am sorry that it took me so long to review. My computer crashed and I was without it for most of last week!

First, I am glad that Legolas AND Pavisel are fine. I began to wonder about that poor horse! Strange how much we like the animals, isn't it? I was really worried.

Ellahir! Love it. Suits them perfectly! Leg'as and Ellahir! LOL I love them together, all three of them! They are a lot of fun!

So Arwen knows what Legolas said to Aragorn? LOL He should learn to govern his tongue! I wouldn't want her mad at me either! She is a good sport, too! She has to be to survive all these males and their antics.

"There were always some things he said he didn't want to know." Poor Elrond! Of course there are things he would rather not know! With his children and now Thranduil's running around looking for "adventures" (can anyone say "Trouble") I wouldn't want to know either.

"We are both more sensible now." Uh huh! Right! Of course they are! (Can anyone say "Trouble") LOL

This was a delightful chapter Jay! Brightened this rainy day for me! Thanks so much! Waiting impatiently for more!

Elenath sila erin le!
Little My chapter 2 . 10/11/2002
I'm glad I found this. Good set up and beautifully descriptive writing, as usual. Looking forward to what happens next!
gemstone chapter 2 . 10/11/2002
Loved this chapter. I'm such an Elladan fan, though Elrohir isn't far behind, and of course Legolas and Aragorn are second to none. I'm looking forward to the troll hunt and all the trouble i'm sure they'll get into. Have fun with the i mean kids, in London. Please update soon. Thanks.
odyssey1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
Well, now heres someone with real talent! Your description of the landscape is beautiful and draws the reader right into the story. Next to that I enjoyed the fact that you use a lot of descriptions from "The Hobbit" immensly since I have just re-read the book and recognized them.

One little piece of constructirve criticism remains, though - you often write "he". It would be o.k. if you write "Legolas" or whatever else youre referring to. I admit, this is nitpicky, so dont get it the wrong way :)

Otherwise the story is great and beautiful nd Im going to read everything that I can find from you. :)
gemstone chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
I have just read your other two fics and thought they were brilliant. This one has gotten off to a great start as well. I will be anxiously waitng for the rest of this story, so please update it soon. Thanks for sharing!
oldenufftonobetter chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Dear Jay,

Off we go again...Keep up the good work!

P.s This is not a well rounded critique, I am afraid. Chemistry is my forte, literary criticism is not even my twenty.

Deal is, you write 'em, and I will read 'em. All right?
Geriatrics chapter 1 . 10/8/2002
Great story! I love all your other ones too!
TreeHugger chapter 1 . 10/8/2002
CLIFFHANGER! On the first chapter! I love it! You really know how to make us anxious for more, don't you!

I loved your description of Legolas' ride through Mirkwood. Spiders, black squirrles, giant moths, the Enchanted River. :) Don't you just love Mirkwood!

Ai, Valar! Your clapper bridge, which I can picture in my mind thanks to your description sounds ... terrifying to cross when the stones aren't visible! YIKES! If Legolas can't navigate it, what chance would the rest of us stand!

Exciting beginning! Can't wait to see Ellandan's Trolls! :)

Elenath sila erin le!