Reviews for Good Troll Hunting
PuterPatty chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Yeah, marathon reading session tend to occur at the same time of severe writer's block! I figured, why suffer and stare at my own stupid (and few, mind you) words on a mostly white screen when I can go read and enjoy someone else's fine works of fiction.

Well, I'm glad to see no cliffhanger, though I am still a little worried about Legolas and his head injury. For a moment there, I thought he had amnesia. I loved how you described him waking up, very vivid details, felt like I was waking up myself.

I see you were true to form and managed to kill another elf. Poor Linhir! LOL-No wonder the population of elves is descreasing in Middle-earth at the end of the Third Age; you've gotten a hold of too many of them!

So more action awaits as two more trolls are lurking somewhere out there. Well, Legolas has taken his turn getting hurt - so who's next, Elladan or Elrohir? I'm just kidding! I wouldn't mind if they went after the last two and it *all went according to plan.*
Analorien chapter 4 . 10/24/2002
Gooder and gooder, as they say! I like the way you've made Arwen a part of the story. It's hard to write her in sometimes, and make it believable - but you've done just that! Please update again soon. I know you said weekly, so I'll try to be patient.
ccg chapter 3 . 10/24/2002
Ouch! Poor Legolas!

Another great chapter. Your descriptions are absolutely wonderful! And the troll fight was very well-written as well.

I also liked the way you put in Legolas' fear of caves, he did manage to hide it rather well though. And I couldn't stop giggling when Legolas realized that Aragorn couldn't hear the bats.

I'm glad to hear there will be more of the twins and Arwen, love those Elves! And I'm glad to hear you had fun in London. :)

Looking forward to your next update. :)
PuterPatty chapter 3 . 10/19/2002
Ahhh, you gotta love Aragorn-being able to bring Legolas out of his melancholy and all. And Poor Legolas-still afraid of the caves. He did a good job covering himself though; Aragorn didn't even suspect a thing.

Loved how Legolas brought down the first troll. Oh, but what have you done to him? And this is one cliffhanger that I'll be forced to dangle from as I'm all caught up to you now. Grrrr...Update soon!
PuterPatty chapter 2 . 10/19/2002
Your descriptions are wonderful! I love them, very fun to read and make a picture of in my mind. You paint your scenes with such vivid detail, keep it up!

I'm very glad Legolas made it to Imladris without any further events. Oh, and Pavisel is all right. I like how Legolas and he just stood there. How sweet! Ah, an elf and his horse.

Elladan and Legolas are gret together. And so are Arwen and Legolas. This story is going to rock!
PuterPatty chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Poor Legolas! Poor Pavisel! They haven't even made it to Imladris to go troll hunting and already, bad things ensue!

I like the "clapper" bridge. It does sound very Middle-earth-ish.
IrishElf chapter 3 . 10/18/2002
This story is definately a cliffhanger! I love it! I agree with Little My...great descriptions. This ending makes me anxious! I am also an animal lover and would hate it if one died! I'm glad you enjoyed London-spectacular place. I have also seen the Lion King, but on a holiday to New York City this summer. Anyways, back to fanfiction, I can't wait for your next chapter. I'll be sitting in my lounge waiting for hours at a time! (my life is rather dull, as you can plainly see) Until then...
TreeHugger chapter 3 . 10/18/2002
ACK! You must love those cliffhangers more than I do! Unbelievable! I just might have to write one in one of my fics now to get back at all of you Cliffie Queens! ;)

I am glad that Aragorn is Troll Hunting with them. It must be rather thrilling and scary!

I love the mention of your "Hobbit" based fic in this. Keeps the continuity flowing. :)

LOL on Legolas not realizing that not everyone can "hear the bats". Also LOL on the List of Mirkwood Dangers...though Legolas is still mourning over the great evil and the loss he has so recently suffered.

"You must miss the wonderful place. I'm surprised you can bear to leave it." Good old Ranger Aragorn to the rescue. You gotta love him!

I see Legolas is still wary of caves...don't blame him one bit! The Troll Hunting attack was exciting. And yes! Legolas discovered the weak spot indeed! It is a good thing since he will need it again!

But JAY! Another Cliffhanger! Yes, I keep telling myself I love them...I really do...there have been so many of them lately! But none have been mine! Love it! :0

Glad you had fun on your trip. My family and I will be visiting London next year! We are so excited, but it is a bit more than 400 miles away!LOL

Elenath sila erin le!
YunaDax chapter 3 . 10/18/2002
OO nifty. Nice idea to go with Trolls, everyone else has done Orcs, Goblins and Spiders to death.

Great fic, keep going!
gemstone chapter 3 . 10/18/2002
Great chapter. I should have known that when Aragorn and Legolas were together, they would get into some kind of trouble! Can't wait for more. Update soon.
Analorien chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
Please continue. This is one of the best stories I have seen lately. I like your descriptions.
JastaElf chapter 3 . 10/17/2002
Jay, this is just fine. (grin) Another good rousing tale from you! The writing is most excellent, the characterizations spot-on (I just love the way the Twins and Legolas mangle each others' names on purpose...) and the way you meld things with the bookverse is just grand. Well done you!

I like Legolas' horse, and am glad you did not permanently injure him. I have a horse of my own, named Jasper, and I know how I would feel if HE got washed away!

And I can just picture Thranduil and Elrond standing there, hands on hips, watching their scapegrace sons come home... (wry grin) Been there, done that, from both perspectives! Elves will be Elves... or is that Elflings will be Elflings? Ai, nin anu-henedellin! The pothers they get up to, I swear...

Anyway, the fight with the trolls is also quite well done, you do battles very well, you know! And what an evil place to leave it! Please update soon!
ccg chapter 2 . 10/17/2002
A new story! Yay!

Great job on "Mission to Dul-Goldor". I'm sorry I'm rather late in reviewing, I was away from the computer for a while and I'm just starting to catch up. :)

First thing I have to say about this story: You have the twin sons of Elrond! Woo hoo! I love those two Elves!

The story's started out well, the part with Arwen and Legolas made me giggle. Poor Aragorn! ;)

Hope you had fun in London! :D
TreeHugger chapter 2 . 10/13/2002
I hope your weekend in London with a bunch of children (aged as my own and their friends are, so I know what that is like)was a lot of fun! I am sorry that it took me so long to review. My computer crashed and I was without it for most of last week!

First, I am glad that Legolas AND Pavisel are fine. I began to wonder about that poor horse! Strange how much we like the animals, isn't it? I was really worried.

Ellahir! Love it. Suits them perfectly! Leg'as and Ellahir! LOL I love them together, all three of them! They are a lot of fun!

So Arwen knows what Legolas said to Aragorn? LOL He should learn to govern his tongue! I wouldn't want her mad at me either! She is a good sport, too! She has to be to survive all these males and their antics.

"There were always some things he said he didn't want to know." Poor Elrond! Of course there are things he would rather not know! With his children and now Thranduil's running around looking for "adventures" (can anyone say "Trouble") I wouldn't want to know either.

"We are both more sensible now." Uh huh! Right! Of course they are! (Can anyone say "Trouble") LOL

This was a delightful chapter Jay! Brightened this rainy day for me! Thanks so much! Waiting impatiently for more!

Elenath sila erin le!
Little My chapter 2 . 10/11/2002
I'm glad I found this. Good set up and beautifully descriptive writing, as usual. Looking forward to what happens next!
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »